• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sleek loafers similar to Gaziano & Girling Monaco

jcep

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Ineed to swap out a favorite pair of loafers (Ferragamo Tramezza Anthony) as they have been resoled over and over and have served me well but the streets of NY have finally taken their toll. I have been looking for the same/similar shape of last and the only thing I have found that comes close are the G&G Monacos. However, they are a bit over my price range as I'm used to staying in the C&J territory so I wanted to reach out to the knowledge of the forum to ask if there's anyone that had any suggestions for alternatives (The C&J Merton is a bit too pointy and the Sydney has an almond toe as opposed to the lightly squared of last of the G&Gs.

Anyone have any suggestions?

G&G Monacos':m http://www.gazianogirling.com/products/monaco

jcep

Reaction score
Thanks @SirReveller, really appreciate it. The price is almost as steep but good point, these are more likely to be discounted than G&Gs

@SoGent Thanks for the share. What are those?

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pleasure. I'm not sure if I should bother mentioning..buuut...I was looking at those very G&G loafies from Leffot...on sale! ...off site now..maybe call'em?

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks @SirReveller , really appreciate it. The price is almost as steep but good point, these are more likely to be discounted than G&Gs

@SoGent Thanks for the share. What are those?
St. Crispin

jcep

Reaction score
Thanks a ton @SirReveller they are offsite but I really appreciate the tip. I live close by so I'll swing by tomorrow and see if I'm lucky. Thanks again!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 48 16.3%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 101 34.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 89 30.2%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 33 11.2%
  • 9”

Votes: 12 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.4%