1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Slacks organizer

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambulance Chaser, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I have limited closet space, which I am looking to conserve by storing my slacks as compactly as possible.  (Right now, I am hanging my slacks by their cuffs using clamps hangers.)  I remember that Frontgate used to sell a wall-mountable slacks organizer that consisted of a long, narrow piece of wood with wooden dowels coming out of the side that could swing around to allow easy access to slacks hanging on that dowel.  This organizer held around 20 slacks, IIRC.  Alas, Frontgate no longer sells this contraption.  Do you know if anyone who does, or something like it?

2. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I bought something like this from linens and things, it's really unwieldy though, and I don't really use it except for slacks that I'm putting for long term storage. The reason it's unwieldy is because each pair of pants weighs about 1 lb and it gets really heavy and hard to manuever the entire thing. I wouldn't recommend it, but if you want to try it out, I imagine that the container store, bed bath & beyond or linens and things would have them.

3. Bartames

Bartames Member

I bought one of those on ebay a couple of years back, I agree that it is a little awkward to use if it is in a tight space. The one thing I noticed was that although each pair of trousers has very little depth (bulk) individually, once you load the contraption to capacity, it surprisingly takes up more room than I envisioned (not to mention you have to account for room to "swing" the dowels out for discarding the selected trousers). ...here's one.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....me=WDVW

4. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Yep, that's exactly it. Â (A quick Google search revealed that the mail-order company I had in mind is Hammacher Schlemmer, not Frontgate.) Â Bottom line, would you recommend it?

5. Bartames

Bartames Member

I happen to like gadgets like this and it most definitely beats standard hangers for saving space imo.....so, if you can live with the slight awkwardness as noted earlier I would recommend. Plus, I think it's more pleasing to the eye...especially when you arrange by color from lights to dark like I do.