• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slacker Premium Radio

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else trying Slacker Premium Radio, which launched today? It combines internet radio and on-demand service for $9.99/month. (First 30 days are a free trial.) I'm new to music streaming, but I think this might be a game changer.

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Anyone else trying Slacker Premium Radio, which launched today? It combines internet radio and on-demand service for $9.99/month. (First 30 days are a free trial.) I'm new to music streaming, but I think this might be a game changer.

Seems pretty expensive considering I get sirius for about 10 a month in my car and on any other system that would receive it. I also have Wunderadio app (streaming) which was 5 bucks. What does the on-demand feature entail?

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looked at Slacker, doesn't work.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I use grooveshark on my computer and stream at home.

turboman808

Reaction score
Been using slacker for years. I even have the original player. Pandora wasn't so great back then. I hear it's better now. But 4 years of building up my stations I am going to stick with slacker for years to come.

I don't see how this is any different. Sounds like they are relaunching the service. Don't get me wrong I love the service but I don't see whats new.

I have always thought it would be great if my car radio worked with slacker just like sirrius or xm. Access my personal stations and toggle thru them from the steering wheel controls.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slacker Premium allows you to play any song/album in its database at any time. In that sense, it is like Grooveshark, Rdio, MOG, Rhapsody, etc.

bigbjorn

Reaction score
I love Slacker. Instead of using some stupid algorithm to try, unsuccessfully, figure out what music I will like, it just plays music I like. Brilliant. Discovering Slacker after using Pandora was like discovering I'd been shaving with a cheese grater my whole life.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious. The Rhapsody app for Android sucks ass and I'm done waiting for it to get better. I like streaming on demand music a lot and anyone who has a reliable android app and a decent selection has my business. Anyone tried the Slacker app?

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried the slacker app on android, couldnt make it work, it just sat there, silence, now deleted.

Tried a few other streaming music apps as well, either didnt work or just messages about no service available.

TBH i think streaming music and keeping songs in the cloud has quite a way to go before its going to be widely accepted.

Sent from Tapatalk.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've mostly been happy with using Rhapsody at home. The app on my phone works about 65% of the time. I installed MOG on the phone once and i couldn't get through a song without it stopping or crashing.

The first one that comes up with a decent app has my business.

turboman808

Reaction score
I've been using it on my black berry for about 2 years. Twice I have had to uninstall it and reinstall it to get it to work again. But otherwise I am happy with the service.

You are better off caching your stations then streaming them. But then again I am on an old blackberry that doesn't stream very fast.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads