• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sky Valet EG Trunk Show

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who is planning on attending the EG trunk show at Sky Valet on Saturday? What are you planning on getting?

Virginia Dandy

Reaction score
I'm planning to attend. Undecided. Have a couple of solid ideas - but will wait to see if they show up with something inspiring - like they did last time. Couldn't say no to the Ecton 3 eye Dover-style derby. Which ended up changing slightly from the prototype we saw - but whatever - still turned out beautifully.

Can any of the DC members confirm that pricing will be same as last trunk show?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I will be there in spirit. My spirit will be getting:

Buckingham, 65 last, olive antique, bevelled waist and steel toe tap.

Falkirk, 82 last, Edwardian or Burnt Pine, all broguing including thistle, possibly with the Weymouth's non-peaked tip, bevelled waist and steel toe tap.

Oundle, 707 last, Edwardian Antique, bevelled waist and steel toe tap.

Winchelsea, 100 last, Edwardian, bevelled waist and steel toe tap.

My spirit has a lot more money than I do, or it is is aportnoy.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am undecided. I probably shouldn't given the beating I received on April 15th. If I do, I am going with the Ringwood in burnt pine on the 606 or Malvern in edwardian on the 888.

sammy

Reaction score
I'll be there. I'm planning on getting the Newbury without the medallion and possibly with four eyelets instead of five on the 82 last in either antique burgundy or antique burnt pine. My other choice is the Oundle on the same last and color choice. What do you all recommend? I was told by Sky Valet that the prices will be the same as last time.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hetom told me that EG has already raised the price to Sky, but that Sky will charge the same price to its customers ($850 base price + $100 special order fee).

medwards

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So, AC, the time to buy is NOW (or at least tomorrow or on Saturday
smile.gif
)

medwards

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
While I can't answer your question about the Edward Green trunk show at Saks Fifth Avenue in New York, I can say I noted a good number of SF members at the EG trunk show at Sky Valet in Washington yesterday. That would include Ambulance Chaser, scnupe7, Duveen, sammy, Virginia Dandy, Carson35, kabert and others.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can any recent visitors to sky valet speak to the current retail prices of ed green shoes? i think i got a price of around a thousand dollars for chelsea boots recently, which seemed pretty high-- i could almost order a pair of lobbs for about the same $$

Virginia Dandy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by medwards
While I can't answer your question about the Edward Green trunk show at Saks Fifth Avenue in New York, I can say I noted a good number of SF members at the EG trunk show at Sky Valet in Washington yesterday. That would include Ambulance Chaser, scnupe7, Duveen, sammy, Virginia Dandy, Carson35, kabert and others.

The EG trunk show at Sky is always good fun. Catching up with the Brothers Sky, Alex (working on a stack of aprons for the Ashby this time), medwards and the rest of the SF crew was a pleasure - sorry I could not stay longer.

The opportunity to chat at length with Ms. Freeman about EG and shoe geekery in general made the trip especially worthwhile.

As usual, medwards put everyone in the shade - killer tan DB (6x4) with a subtle check - brown bespoke New & Lingwood full brogues.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what was everyone's EG damage?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scnupe7
So what was everyone's EG damage?
I bought two: (1) Exeter in dark burgundy antique on the 82 last, and (2) Southwold in dark olive antique on the 888 last. The first was a safe choice -- I have been looking for a two-eyelet derby for awhile. (I have a Bally model in black that is one of my favorite pairs of shoes.) The second started off as kind of a tongue-in-cheek suggestion to sam. The more I thought about it, the more it seemed like it could be a cool shoe. Olive is a funky color, so it needs a shoe that is a bit more fashion forward, in my opinion, but not one that has too much going on. I thought the Southwold would be a good match.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
I bought two: (1) Exeter in dark burgundy antique on the 82 last, and (2) Southwold in dark olive antique on the 888 last. The first was a safe choice -- I have been looking for a two-eyelet derby for awhile. (I have a Bally model in black that is one of my favorite pairs of shoes.) The second started off as kind of a tongue-in-cheek suggestion to sam. The more I thought about it, the more it seemed like it could be a cool shoe. Olive is a funky color, so it needs a shoe that is a bit more fashion forward, in my opinion, but not one that has too much going on. I thought the Southwold would be a good match.

Greta choices AC! Here's kind of what your Southwold will look like in dark antique olive on the 888. Mine is a mix of Southwold and Cardiff, but you'll get the idea.

Mr. Checks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Greta choices AC! Here's kind of what your Southwold will look like in dark antique olive on the 888. Mine is a mix of Southwold and Cardiff, but you'll get the idea.

Not to thread-jack, but in lieu of expressing my jealousy at AC's most recent purchases, especially the sweet call on olive - because jealously is an ugly trait - I'd just like to ask how you avoid creases in your shoes. I use shoe trees and all that, but all my shoes have creases across the top, just in back of my toes (whether the shoes are a good fit, tight, or loose, the creases are all in the same place).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads