1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skull Jeans by an Alchemist

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Jun 8, 2008.

1. tooshay

tooshay Senior member

Cold, delicate wash, inside out, Woolite black.

2. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Thanks for the heads up guys, btw how do you guys clean/ getting rid of odors in your jeans? Is it safe to take them to dry clean? Thanks!

Cold, delicate wash, inside out, Woolite black.

That's what I do, except I use Dr. Bronner's or Samurai Thunder Soap instead of the Woolite. Not sure how much of a difference the type of soap makes.

3. lambchop

lambchop Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up guys, btw how do you guys clean/ getting rid of odors in your jeans? Is it safe to take them to dry clean? Thanks!

by the time they are ready to be washed (6 months - 1 year) you probably won't be worried about it, because they should be very worn in at that point. just wash cold inside out and hang dry.

don't use a dryer that would be the harshest on any jean.

dry cleaning uses chemicals that are no good. it works but i wouldn't do it.

hot soaks are good as a wash alternative and will help them fit better.

4. nyckid

nyckid New Member

Hi,

I'm selling a brand new pair of size 34 indigo 5507's worn for about 4 hours only once. PM with an offer or for pics if interested. No wash or soak, sadly they are too big for me so I am willing to cut my losses and buy a better size.

5. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We've dropped Skull due to a combination of quality control and inconsistent product, it's a sad departure but it's honestly not worth our (and we'd hope our customers') time any more.
    We've dropped the prices of remaining stock 30% to 50% off retail, all sales final:

https://www.selfedge.com/shop/index....index&cPath=70

6. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

Hi, I'm selling a brand new pair of size 34 indigo 5507's worn for about 4 hours only once. PM with an offer or for pics if interested. No wash or soak, sadly they are too big for me so I am willing to cut my losses and buy a better size.
    if you still have these post pics. what are you asking? i think they might be a tad large for me but my brother is looking for a pair ... big doesnt have them so let me know what your asking.

7. david3558

david3558 Senior member

You should be looking for a pair too!

8. kit99bar

kit99bar Senior member

You can get a pair of 33 or 34 - 5507's for 195 shipped from SE right now.

if you still have these post pics. what are you asking? i think they might be a tad large for me but my brother is looking for a pair ... big doesnt have them so let me know what your asking.

9. reprehensible

reprehensible Senior member

We've dropped Skull due to a combination of quality control and inconsistent product, it's a sad departure but it's honestly not worth our (and we'd hope our customers') time any more.
    We've dropped the prices of remaining stock 30% to 50% off retail, all sales final:

https://www.selfedge.com/shop/index....index&cPath=70

Sad; I really like mine. But good to hear an honest report about it.

10. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

You should be looking for a pair too!
    i actually really like what they have been doing so i will have to check them out if i can find a pair for him.

11. Yamas

Yamas Active Member

Just bought a pair of these at Take 5... did I make a mistake?

12. Omega Man

Omega Man Senior member

13. okieanpokie

okieanpokie New Member

hi ive just joined styleforum. its an amazing place full of great info and clothing. my question is ive had my skulls for 8 months, the stitching has completely popped out of the back hems above the pockets leather sizing tag has come off, crotch has gone & back pockets are coming off?
    is this a regular thing due to the heaviness of the denim or are they made this way because ive got real good at darning by hand and sewing haha.
    also i have skateboarded in them. best jeans ive ever seen or owned tho!
    thanks

14. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

hi ive just joined styleforum. its an amazing place full of great info and clothing. my question is ive had my skulls for 8 months, the stitching has completely popped out of the back hems above the pockets leather sizing tag has come off, crotch has gone & back pockets are coming off?
    is this a regular thing due to the heaviness of the denim or are they made this way because ive got real good at darning by hand and sewing haha.
    thanks

Skulls are known for the lousy quality of their stitching.

15. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

thanks

Skulls are known for the lousy quality of their stitching.

Yeah, I agree, that is normal for Skulls, especially if you skateboard in them too. Have you been washing or at least soaking them? They tend to last longer if you do that.