Skull Jeans by an Alchemist

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Help- I just bought some used Skull black 5010s. Is there any way to tell if they are raw or 1-wash? He said they were raw, unwashed, but they are very soft and don't feel raw at all.

2. kiya

kiya Brand Representative Affiliate Vendor

Help- I just bought some used Skull black 5010s. Is there any way to tell if they are raw or 1-wash? He said they were raw, unwashed, but they are very soft and don't feel raw at all.

They should be pretty abrasive, they're not nearly as rigid feeling as the 6x6 indigo denim that Skull produces, but it's far more abrasive to the touch when raw.

3. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

They should be pretty abrasive, they're not nearly as rigid feeling as the 6x6 indigo denim that Skull produces, but it's far more abrasive to the touch when raw.

There's no way to tell from the tag or anything though?

There is almost no wear on them, and yet they feel softer/less rigid than any of the other raw denim that I've had. I guess I can assume they are 1-wash and that's the only explanation?

4. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

How used are they? Almost 2 months in, mine are soft in a few areas, but not all around.

5. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

How used are they? Almost 2 months in, mine are soft in a few areas, but not all around.

No fading, a little permanent creasing setting in behind the knees. Probably worn 5-10 times at most going by that. Completely limp though. I don't see how they could be unwashed. But I don't want to call the guy out until I get my facts straight.

6. pepperdanky

pepperdanky Member

not sure if the blacks are the same, but the indigo 6x6 one-wash has different fly buttons than the raw

one wash:
    [​IMG]

raw:
    [​IMG]

7. connor

connor Senior member

No fading, a little permanent creasing setting in behind the knees. Probably worn 5-10 times at most going by that. Completely limp though. I don't see how they could be unwashed. But I don't want to call the guy out until I get my facts straight.

check tagged waist measurements vs the measurements on SE

8. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Measurements suggest raw. I just sent him a message. The patch is all warped and has obviously been in water. I think they are raw but he soaked or washed them.

9. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

I have a pair of 5010xx gray in size 29 that fit super slim, if I want more forgiving fit should I get the 5010xx in 30 or go with the 5507?

10. kiya

kiya Brand Representative Affiliate Vendor

Measurements suggest raw. I just sent him a message. The patch is all warped and has obviously been in water. I think they are raw but he soaked or washed them.

Yeah, if the tag is warped then it's definitely been washed.
    Skulls' tags comes crispy new when raw.

11. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

...maybe even machine dried, hence the lack of crispness ? but, there should be visible puckering along the seams and pocket edges, if they were.

12. Using Technology

Using Technology Senior member

Got my first pair coming in the mail. Haven't decided if i'm gonna hem them or not.

How long do you guys go past your dress pants length?

13. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Got my first pair coming in the mail. Haven't decided if i'm gonna hem them or not.

How long do you guys go past your dress pants length?

Depends on the jeans, the material weight and closeness of the fit. Put on and cuff to length. No other way to do it unseen unless you have another pair you've already fitted.

14. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

It also depends on how you want to rock them. I've embraced the stacks on my Skulls, and haven't hemmed them. I probably won't do this with my next pair (whatever they may be), because I'd like to try a different aesthetic, but I don't regret leaving them long. Stacks are nice, but they aren't 'clean'.

15. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

i got mine hemmed 2" and it really doesn't look that different to me. i'm on both sides of the stacks fence right now. at times i think they look great and at times i want to get them hemmed again. i think i need different sneakers.