1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

SKOLYX - Shoes, Shoe care, Clothing care and Accessories: Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Skolyx, Mar 19, 2018.

1. walkinginplace

walkinginplace Well-Known Member

Considering it but not sure if it'll work. PM'ing you now.

2. AWu

AWu Senior Member

Thanks for the clarification.

Side track a bit, is there any way to tell from the product which type of hell stiffer in use? I guess real leather shows up the least from the appearance, while any specific way to tell?

3. j ingevaldsson

j ingevaldsson Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

Replied!

You can, but it’s complicated and easy to misjudge. Experienced people can feel the difference especially when pushing at the edges, where plastic stiffeners and also leather board stiffeners has a more distinct, sharp edge, while leather is skived of smoother. But a less good skived leather stiffener would feel similar, and there’s lots of variations between different plastic/celastic, leather board and leather stiffeners as well.

4. j ingevaldsson

PhotobyRobinElmgren20181529.jpg

Good brushes is fundamental to be able to take care of your shoes in a good way. We have developed a complete range of shoe brushes of really high quality, yet at affordable prices, together with a German factory. After working with shoes and shoe care for many years ourself, and gained lots of input from our customers, we have learned what makes brushes good. Some of the things we focused on when developing these brushes were the following:
    - User-friendly shapes
    - Bristles that don't break or come loose too much
    - Sustainable production with natural and environmentally friendly material

Among other things we can mention that for the horsehair brushes we only use the highest grade of horsehair, which comes from the tail, this minimises the problems with bristles coming loose. And the very soft goat hair brush is superb for the finishing touches since it doesn't affect the high shine, for this reason also works well to remove dust and dirt after wear. I promise, once you've tried the goat hair brush you never want to be without one!

Some pics below, read more about our brush collection here, and view them in our webshop here.

PhotobyRobinElmgren20181503.jpg

PhotobyRobinElmgren20181550 (kopia).jpg

PhotobyRobinElmgren20181538.jpg

PhotobyRobinElmgren20181543.jpg

PhotobyRobinElmgren20181548.jpg

5. j ingevaldsson

For those who've missed our first line-up of models in our Skolyx range, here's a recap. All models Goodyear welted in Spain, leather board heel stiffeners, leathers from among others Annonay, etc. All at an amazing price of €199 ($180 excl. VAT). See below, don't they look great? (and don't miss the recently launched casual collection, more on that here)

PhotobyRobinElmgren20181184.jpg

PhotobyRobinElmgren20181147.jpg

PhotobyRobinElmgren20181195.jpg

PhotobyRobinElmgren20181153.jpg

PhotobyRobinElmgren20181187.jpg

PhotobyRobinElmgren20181179.jpg

PhotobyRobinElmgren20181176.jpg

PhotobyRobinElmgren20181203.jpg

6. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Distinguished Member

I asked on Instagram and never got a reply, but I was wondering if you have any plans to ever release your own casual line (for example the plain toe derby) with something like a commando sole, a la C&J Black Collection?

The reason I ask is because my style leans less towards classic menswear and more towards "high fashion", for which an aggressive and chunkier sole would work better (not to mention living in Sweden it'd be plain useful).

7. j ingevaldsson

Sorry, we’ve must have missed your question on IG. We have no such plans at the moment, most customers find this type of more “leather sole-like” rubber soles more versatile. But could be we try out in the future, especially if we notice that more people ask for it!

8. j ingevaldsson

TLB-jan-GMTO-1 (kopia).jpg

A reminder before we close the January GMTO in a few days, this lovely balmoral wingtip boot is up for grabs. Old England hand finished leather, thin city rubber sole, Oliver last, real leather heel stiffener etc.
    More info about the boot and the GMTO process here.

9. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Distinguished Member

10. j ingevaldsson

Thanks a lot, glad you think so!

11. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Distinguished Member

I really like the Skolyx shoe line-up and this photos show how beautiful the last is. Hopefully I can try the soon. The black, the brown suede and dark brown suede Monks are awesome!

12. j ingevaldsson

Cheers, nice to hear you like the last! Hope you'll decide to take the plunge :)

On another note, below a pic of the November GMTOs before being shipped. Hope you who ordered will be pleased with them! And to those who missed, keep an eye up for the February GMTO going live tomorrow...

DSC05819.jpg

13. j ingevaldsson

Showing of my own new pair of the Skolyx plain toe blucher in dark brown suede with double rubber sole, made on the rounder Ben last. From the casual collection which was one of the first things I started working on when employed by Skolyx (even before I started actually). Turned out like I hoped, and happy to hear that people think the fit is excellent. Goodyear welted on Mallorca, nice Italian suede, leather board heel stiffeners. Good stuff for €219 / 2,195 SEK incl. VAT (only €175 / $216 excl. VAT for non-EU customers).

DSC05947.jpg

DSC05899.jpg

DSC05914.jpg

DSC05923.jpg

DSC05934.jpg

DSC05910.jpg

DSC05952.jpg

DSC05930.jpg

DSC05943.jpg

DSC05955.jpg

DSC05959.jpg

14. Betelgeuse