• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted, and where you will find more and more great sales posted as Black Friday approacheds, HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

SKOLYX - Shoes, Shoe care, Clothing care and Accessories: Official Affiliate Thread

Skolyx

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I contacted skolyx but haven't received a response to a sizing question so ill pose the relevant bits here.

How does the skolyx house oxford (hector last) compare to the yanko 915 last? I read 915 has some shared blood with simpson, but iirc some comparisons to inca/rain. Do these have medium insteps or are they tall like the rain?
In terms of sizing we advice same size as in Rain for both 915 and Hector. Most generous instep from the Yanko lasts is 961 while 915 has quite normal instep.

norMD

Reaction score
@Skolyx

Does yanko have waxy/rough out suede available for MTO. Maybe reverse chamois from horween?

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I contacted skolyx but haven't received a response to a sizing question so ill pose the relevant bits here.

How does the skolyx house oxford (hector last) compare to the yanko 915 last? I read 915 has some shared blood with simpson, but iirc some comparisons to inca/rain. Do these have medium insteps or are they tall like the rain?

No experience with Skolyx house brand but Yanko 915 is very different from Carmina Simpson. 915 fits roomy, especially in the toe area. Simpson is very tight in the toe area, I need to size up half a size to have them fit comfortably.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
SL23OKT2020 (113 of 140).jpg

We just dropped these pretty awesome chukka boots from TLB Mallorca's Artista range. One in Vegano dark brown on Picasso last, and one in dark brown Janus reverse calf suede on Goya last, both with thin city rubber soles with super slim waists and real leather heel stiffeners. Priced at €475 ($445 excl. VAT for those outside EU).

Part of our most extensive boot collection yet, more news also from Yanko coming soon.

SL23OKT2020 (110 of 140) (kopia).jpg

SL23OKT2020 (116 of 140) (kopia).jpg

SL23OKT2020 (117 of 140).jpg

SL23OKT2020 (111 of 140).jpg

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
BootCollage.jpg

As I mentioned in my previous post, we are pleased to be able to offer our widest range of Goodyear welted boots ever, of all types in all price ranges. Lots of new models, some new make-ups of existing models, and restock of old favourites. Everything from our Skolyx Chelsea boots for both men and women, to Yanko balmoral boots and awesome sturdy derby boots, to insanely elegant TLB Mallorca Artista chukkas. Click here to check out the full boot range. Below pictures of a few of the new and returning goodies:

SL23OKT2020 (71 of 140) (kopia).jpg

SL23OKT2020 (83 of 140) (kopia).jpg

SL23OKT2020 (67 of 140) (kopia).jpg

SL23OKT2020 (58 of 140) (kopia).jpg

SL23OKT2020 (88 of 140) (kopia).jpg

SL23OKT2020 (95 of 140).jpg

SL23OKT2020 (126 of 140).jpg

lowland4me

Reaction score
View attachment 1491036

As I mentioned in my previous post, we are pleased to be able to offer our widest range of Goodyear welted boots ever, of all types in all price ranges. Lots of new models, some new make-ups of existing models, and restock of old favourites. Everything from our Skolyx Chelsea boots for both men and women, to Yanko balmoral boots and awesome sturdy derby boots, to insanely elegant TLB Mallorca Artista chukkas. Click here to check out the full boot range. Below pictures of a few of the new and returning goodies:

View attachment 1491037

View attachment 1491038

View attachment 1491039

View attachment 1491040

View attachment 1491045

View attachment 1491044

View attachment 1491046
I really dig so many of these styles, it is disheartening to continue to see that Yanko apparently does not produce a size UK 12 (46) from what I’ve seen. I see so many of these boots that I would absolutely love to add to my collection, but sadly they are not available in size UK 12 (46). I’d really like to know why Yanko is not producing the size UK 12 (46)? Thanks.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I really dig so many of these styles, it is disheartening to continue to see that Yanko apparently does not produce a size UK 12 (46) from what I’ve seen. I see so many of these boots that I would absolutely love to add to my collection, but sadly they are not available in size UK 12 (46). I’d really like to know why Yanko is not producing the size UK 12 (46)? Thanks.
They do, it's just that we (and others) rarely stock it. We sell too little of those large sizes to have all models in it, and we have full range of sizes between UK5-12 of all Skolyx models plus some Yanko and many TLB, so have some options for those who need it. Also, Yanko MTO is good priced at €409 ($386 excl. VAT), so offer that who have something particular they want. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you want to know more about MTO!

Alocin

Reaction score
View attachment 1491036

View attachment 1491037

View attachment 1491038

View attachment 1491039

View attachment 1491040

View attachment 1491045

View attachment 1491044

View attachment 1491046
Hi Jesper, I just want to confirm the sizing from the site, I’ve purchased a few Yanko from you and others and a UK 9 has been perfect on the 915 last. Would you still suggest going with the same size in the TLB chukka?

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Good taste :)

Hi Jesper, I just want to confirm the sizing from the site, I’ve purchased a few Yanko from you and others and a UK 9 has been perfect on the 915 last. Would you still suggest going with the same size in the TLB chukka?
Yeah, most have the same size in TLB Artista lasts as in 915, so would surely go with UK9 in the chukka as well. Both Goya and Picasso lasts fit identical, so no difference depending on which chukka you are eyeing.

lowland4me

Reaction score
They do, it's just that we (and others) rarely stock it. We sell too little of those large sizes to have all models in it, and we have full range of sizes between UK5-12 of all Skolyx models plus some Yanko and many TLB, so have some options for those who need it. Also, Yanko MTO is good priced at €409 ($386 excl. VAT), so offer that who have something particular they want. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you want to know more about MTO!
I appreciate the feedback. I understand that everybody else’s feet are not always as large as mine, still it is disheartening that Yanko is not providing that particular size, and apparently you guys don’t want that size to stock. Oddly enough, most everybody else stocks that size to some degree, just saying. Put thank you for the update j ingevaldsson, I do appreciate it my friend. Will need to look at the other options I suppose.

Skolyx

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I appreciate the feedback. I understand that everybody else’s feet are not always as large as mine, still it is disheartening that Yanko is not providing that particular size, and apparently you guys don’t want that size to stock. Oddly enough, most everybody else stocks that size to some degree, just saying. Put thank you for the update j ingevaldsson, I do appreciate it my friend. Will need to look at the other options I suppose.
Thats why we stock all our skolyx and tlb shoes in up to uk12. Its not the best economic choice since the demand is quite low compared to the other sizes, but we see it as a service as well for our customers like you with uk12 and similar. When we started with Yanko all our shoes were uk6-11 and recently we have started stocking uk5 to in Yanko due to requests from customers. I cant remember though when we had a request (before yours) for the larger sizes so thats simply the reason - we stock what we see a demand for (except for tlb and skolyx were we stock even more in uk11,5 and uk12 than we probably should if we would do the logistic correct choice). Of course we will stock Yanko 12 as well if we see a lot of clients requesting it - and feel free ro reach out to us if you want to do an MTO. If we have your order before next stock order we can probably put an 12 in there for you if you can accept a couple of months extra delivery time.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's