• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

SKOLYX - Shoes, Shoe care, Clothing care and Accessories: Official Affiliate Thread

Camerashy

Reaction score
What is the last on your new dark brown adelaides please
Would I need a UK10 for a foot length of 28.6cms please
Thanks

Last edited:

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What is the last on your new dark brown adelaides please
Would I need a UK10 for a foot length of 28.6cms please
Thanks
It's made on a last called Hector (or Hector II we should perhaps call it, it's slightly modified from the first version of the last, which we've used since a year back or so), all our own oxfords and double monk straps are made on this last. UK10 sounds right for that length of feet, yes. For more detailed sizing guidance send an e-mail to [email protected] .

Camerashy

Reaction score
Looking to buy a pair of the dark brown Adelaide oxfords
anyone have these and can comment on them please.

lowland4me

Reaction score
Is the sizing, fit, and last the same between the Skolyx Dark Brown Suede Cap Toe, the Skolyx Leather Black Cap Toe Oxford, and the Skolyx Black Suede Double Monk?

I ask as I just received my order with my Skolyx Dark Brown Cap Toe Oxfords yesterday, and I believe that I may really like the fit. Looks to be an excellent purchase! I have a pre existing issue with my second long toe on my left foot, I noticed when trying my Dark Brown Suede Cap Toes on, I didn't appear to have any issues with the top of the left shoe rubbing the top of my toe on my left foot, which is sometimes an issue. It may be just because the suede is just quite soft, the cut really fits my foot well, or what, I can't say for certain. I've not worn them on their maiden voyage yet. But, I really dig the new Suede Oxfords.........great value for the money! Any advice is sincerely appreciated.

Regards,
Mark Henderson
It's made on a last called Hector (or Hector II we should perhaps call it, it's slightly modified from the first version of the last, which we've used since a year back or so), all our own oxfords and double monk straps are made on this last. UK10 sounds right for that length of feet, yes. For more detailed sizing guidance send an e-mail to [email protected] .
Thanks j ingevldsson for the clarification concerning lasts. I assume that answers the email I sent earlier today to Skolyx. Appreciated.

Skolyx

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is the sizing, fit, and last the same between the Skolyx Dark Brown Suede Cap Toe, the Skolyx Leather Black Cap Toe Oxford, and the Skolyx Black Suede Double Monk?

I ask as I just received my order with my Skolyx Dark Brown Cap Toe Oxfords yesterday, and I believe that I may really like the fit. Looks to be an excellent purchase! I have a pre existing issue with my second long toe on my left foot, I noticed when trying my Dark Brown Suede Cap Toes on, I didn't appear to have any issues with the top of the left shoe rubbing the top of my toe on my left foot, which is sometimes an issue. It may be just because the suede is just quite soft, the cut really fits my foot well, or what, I can't say for certain. I've not worn them on their maiden voyage yet. But, I really dig the new Suede Oxfords.........great value for the money! Any advice is sincerely appreciated.

Regards,
Mark Henderson
Yes its the same size, fit and last on those. Of course a small slight difference between monks and oxfords due to the lacing but fit & size etc is the same, the same lasts is used for production.

lowland4me

Reaction score
Yes its the same size, fit and last on those. Of course a small slight difference between monks and oxfords due to the lacing but fit & size etc is the same, the same lasts is used for production.
Another question: the Skolyx Chelsea last, the Adam, how does it fit compared to the Hectpr II last on the cap toe suede?

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Another question: the Skolyx Chelsea last, the Adam, how does it fit compared to the Hectpr II last on the cap toe suede?
Sort of the same reply there, they fit similar, although can be a bit different between oxford and side elastic boots like chelseas. But almost everyone go with the same size and find it working well.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
IMG_8555.jpg

Finally got to shoot pictures of all the suede Artista loafers that we got in stock a while back. Tassel and penny loafers in dark brown and polo Janus reverse calf suede from Charles F. Stead, all on the Goya last, single leather sole and slightly tapered heels. Gorgeous, if you ask me! You find them all here (scroll down a bit).

IMG_8563.jpg

IMG_8566.jpg

IMG_8579.jpg

IMG_8583.jpg

Last edited:

Xune

Reaction score
dark brown and polo Janus reverse calf suede from Charles F. Stead
Do I correctly remember that suede on regular-line TLB is reverse calf from F. Stead as well?

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do I correctly remember that suede on regular-line TLB is reverse calf from F. Stead as well?
Yes correct, TLB only use reverse calf suede, either from Charles F Stead or Zonta.

ZRH1

Reaction score
Yes correct, TLB only use reverse calf suede, either from Charles F Stead or Zonta.
thanks for the clarification, however on the brown Oxfords it just says Reverse Suede, whereas on the Polo and here in this thread it is stated as Janus Reverse Calf from Stead. I bought my Oxfords roughly a year ago if that makes any difference.

Thanks

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
thanks for the clarification, however on the brown Oxfords it just says Reverse Suede, whereas on the Polo and here in this thread it is stated as Janus Reverse Calf from Stead. I bought my Oxfords roughly a year ago if that makes any difference.

Thanks
Yeah, it’s since for the first batch on that model it was Zonta, then F. Stead. Since we still have a few pairs left from the first batch we write it like that. Can’t say 100% which leather your pair has, but if they were early more likely it’s Zonta.

The quality of the Zonta reverse calf is excellent though, and I personally can prefer the even more velvety nap they have compared to Janus from F. Stead. The dark brown colour is slightly more greyish though, which is why we went with the latter eventually, but if there’s not access to good F. Stead we could go with Zonta again in some cases, and for some models (like the lighter mid brown brogued cap from the regular range we have) we only use Zonta.

ZRH1

Reaction score
thank you, do I understand correctly that CF Stead is considered superior, but you prefer Zonta yourself?

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
thank you, do I understand correctly that CF Stead is considered superior, but you prefer Zonta yourself?
Nope, wouldn’t called any of them as considered superior, both have excellent reputation, although F. Stead is more famous.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.