• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

SKOLYX - Shoes, Shoe care, Clothing care and Accessories: Official Affiliate Thread

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@j ingevaldsson btw what are the properties of Old English leather versus boxcalf or vegano?
Boxcalf is aniline dyed, vegano is the name of Annonay’s crust leather (only finished on surface so gets a deeper shade easier) while Old England is a hand finished leather which has some depth in the shade already from the start. It’s really nice quality.

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just want to give props to the team at Skolyx for the blazing fast shipping from Sweden to NJ before the holidays. I ordered some beautiful Hestra gloves (won't be my last) on Dec 19 and it was delivered to me on Dec 24. It would have been the 23rd had I not been home to sign for the package that day.

Looking forward to doing more business with you guys!

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just want to give props to the team at Skolyx for the blazing fast shipping from Sweden to NJ before the holidays. I ordered some beautiful Hestra gloves (won't be my last) on Dec 19 and it was delivered to me on Dec 24. It would have been the 23rd had I not been home to sign for the package that day.

Looking forward to doing more business with you guys!
Glad to hear your pleased with both the service and the gloves! Have a pair of Hestra’s cashmere lined peccary myself, they are my favourite thing about winter nowadays 😊

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

A reminder of our three new chelsea boots which we recently added to our Skolyx range of Goodyear welted shoes.Made on new soft chiseled last Adam, with a durable single studded rubber sole from Vibram. Really affordable at €215 / $239 excl. VAT (€269 incl VAT for those in the EU).

Check them out closer here.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

In search of a good shoe for spring? May we suggest this reverse stitch toe derby from TLB Mallorca in Vegano brown? The shoe is made on the elegant Oliver last. Equipped with TLB's thin city rubber sole, a durable alternative to a leather sole, and where TLB cuts the sole edge as close and also do the same bevelling of the edge at the waist as on leather soled shoes. In stock for immediate worldwide dispatch, at $326 excl. VAT (€365 for EU residents). Check it out here.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Saphir recently launched a white version of their Medaille d'Or shoe cream, which is great for white leather sneakers, for example. As you probably know the cream is very nourishing and provides good protection, it covers marks in an excellent way and makes the shoes white and nice looking again in a natural way. Get it here.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
2P7A4866 (kopia).jpg

As Group MTO in February we have this really nice penny loafer from Spanish brand TLB Mallorca's standard range. A wonderful blue full reverse calf suede from tannery Zonta that works very well during the spring and summer months, stands out a bit but is still very wearable.

Made on the classic round loafer last Jones, with single leather sole with closed channel stitching, and with TLB's always outstanding finishing. The model is available to order now in February, will be delivered in April, and cost €365 ($322 excl. VAT for those outside EU).

See it closer here.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Shoe care products guide.jpg

Check out our substantial guide to shoe and leather cleaning products – where we go through which product for which shoe, and when. Not least now during the winter season the shoes get dirty and see a lot of hard wear, and they need to be cleaned. We have a very wide range of products for cleaning, with different properties and for different materials, but sometimes it can be a bit difficult to know what to choose, which is why we have made this guide. Read it in full here.

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you measure your belts: from the hole you use to the end of the leather where it meets the buckle or to the outside of the buckle itself?

Skolyx

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How do you measure your belts: from the hole you use to the end of the leather where it meets the buckle or to the outside of the buckle itself?
The outside of the buckle, since that is comparable to your waists circumference (take the measure with trousers on).

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems I am directly in between a 100 and 105 then. Not sure which I should get.

amiga505

Reaction score
I'm afraid I have some unfavourable things to say about Skolyx wool OTC socks. they caught my eye as a possible alternative to Mazarin and Bresciani at a more affordable price. I bought four pairs initially to benefit from a wholesale offering, and then, as they at first seemed fine, ordered four more pairs. now, the ones from the first batch started to die on me. we are talking about less than ten wears, probable even closer to 6-7. the socks are rather thin, which I initially welcomed, but it is probably because of this thinness that three out of four pairs in the first batch have already developed the holes. my feet a reasonably well groomed, I can't say that I have never had holes appear on the socks before, but these were rare occasions, and nowhere near the ratio I observe with Skolyx, which feels rather like a tendency. in addition the same three pairs do not hold in their intended place over the calf anymore, but slide down after a couple of hours of normal work to/from the office, sitting down/standing up routine. pity, this.

now, this is intended as a constructive critique. as a shop, Skolyx has so far been pretty good: handling, shipping, communications. perhaps the sizing is the issue, as I am on the upper scale of the 40-42 size, probably closer to 43, but 43-45 size will probably be already too big. adding more granular sizing options may help.

Skolyx

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm afraid I have some unfavourable things to say about Skolyx wool OTC socks. they caught my eye as a possible alternative to Mazarin and Bresciani at a more affordable price. I bought four pairs initially to benefit from a wholesale offering, and then, as they at first seemed fine, ordered four more pairs. now, the ones from the first batch started to die on me. we are talking about less than ten wears, probable even closer to 6-7. the socks are rather thin, which I initially welcomed, but it is probably because of this thinness that three out of four pairs in the first batch have already developed the holes. my feet a reasonably well groomed, I can't say that I have never had holes appear on the socks before, but these were rare occasions, and nowhere near the ratio I observe with Skolyx, which feels rather like a tendency. in addition the same three pairs do not hold in their intended place over the calf anymore, but slide down after a couple of hours of normal work to/from the office, sitting down/standing up routine. pity, this.

now, this is intended as a constructive critique. as a shop, Skolyx has so far been pretty good: handling, shipping, communications. perhaps the sizing is the issue, as I am on the upper scale of the 40-42 size, probably closer to 43, but 43-45 size will probably be already too big. adding more granular sizing options may help.
Hi and thanks for the feedback. When evaluating different brands and producers of socks we tried a lot of different ones. Some well known brands that was considered extremely durable got holes just after a few hours, and some less known turned out way better. Our conclusion was that its very individual when it comes to socks, you need to find a brand with a design, composition and fit that works for you. We have also changed the composition of wool, nylon and elastan to make the socks as great as possible both in terms of fit, comfort, breathability and durability. With the current mix we receive tons of positive feedback on regular basis, but of course it might be other socks that will be experienced better by some people since its so many different parameters to consider. Then of course the sizing that you mentioned, perhaps 43-45 can be worth a shot, drop our customer service an email at [email protected] and we will continue your quest for the ultimate socks there.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Shoe stretchers.jpg

If you have a pair of shoes that are a bit snug or press in the wrong area, you can use this shoe stretcher to stretch the shoes. Either the whole front part, or if you like a special area to be modified you may use the accompanying knobs in different sizes that can be attached on various places of the shoe tree.

We recommend that the area to be stretched is treated with a leather softener, developed to help the leather loosen up and avoid harm. We offer Saphir Shoe Eze, which is found here (can only be shipped within the EU).

For more thorough info on how the stretcher is used, we have made this guide here.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.