• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

SKOLYX - Shoes, Shoe care, Clothing care and Accessories: Official Affiliate Thread

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think a Burgundy would look great (or even antique steel if available).
Antique steel is not available, but burgundy we could do, sure! Anyone else interested in that type of make-up? I guess would be:

Model: TLB Artista wholecut
Leather: Vegano burgundy
Last: Picasso
Sole: Single leather sole, tapered heel (?)
Other: Possible to order in different widths with no upcharge

So this model:
2P7A0308.jpg

In this leather:
2P7A9233.jpg

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Summer is in full bloom in most parts of the northern hemisphere, and as everyone knows the ultimate summer shoe is them loafers. If you’ve missed our wide range of Goodyear welted loafers made on Mallorca for our own brand, go check them out here. We just received a restock so good chance to grab the pair your after. Really affordable at €219 (€175 / $198 excl. VAT), worldwide shipping.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How would you compare the Skolyx loafer last last versus Carmina Uetam?
It's pretty similar to Uetam, as with that one, it's common that you size down half a size compared to your laced shoe size.

Buffon.bj

Reaction score
I tried on the Skolyx loafers, but sadly they were a bit too tight for me at the toes. My girlfriend, however, really liked the shoes, and was intrigued about trying some on for herself. She has never had any good proper shoes that fit her well aside from men's running shoes: with a size 41-41,5 foot, most women's shoes are much too narrow and small for her.

Now, she has two pairs of shoes from Skolyx that fit her perfectly: the penny loafer in polo suede (size 40,5, as they fit large) and the plain toe blucher in brown leather (size 41). She is very pleased with the shoes, and says that for the first time in her life, she really feels like she has good looking shoes that she can be proud of. Moreover, since now her shoes look better, she has also taken more interest in other articles of clothing - if your shoes look good, you also have to have nice trousers or skirts to complement them, and so on! I am very pleased at this turn of events, as before, fashion had been largely a solitary hobby of mine, and now I get to share it more with her.

So, all in all, kudos to Skolyx :)

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I use 9.5UK in Uetam, Rain and Inca. Would you suggest going with 9.5 o 9UK for these Skolyx loafer last?
Hmm yeah I based on what most people do I'd go with UK9 in the Jack last of the Skolyx loafers.

I tried on the Skolyx loafers, but sadly they were a bit too tight for me at the toes. My girlfriend, however, really liked the shoes, and was intrigued about trying some on for herself. She has never had any good proper shoes that fit her well aside from men's running shoes: with a size 41-41,5 foot, most women's shoes are much too narrow and small for her.

Now, she has two pairs of shoes from Skolyx that fit her perfectly: the penny loafer in polo suede (size 40,5, as they fit large) and the plain toe blucher in brown leather (size 41). She is very pleased with the shoes, and says that for the first time in her life, she really feels like she has good looking shoes that she can be proud of. Moreover, since now her shoes look better, she has also taken more interest in other articles of clothing - if your shoes look good, you also have to have nice trousers or skirts to complement them, and so on! I am very pleased at this turn of events, as before, fashion had been largely a solitary hobby of mine, and now I get to share it more with her.

Sorry they didn't work out for you (we've had a few cases where people have sized down and toe space have been limited, then it has worked well with our thin leather insoles and tongue pads on the "regular" size. Food for thought.. ;) ).

But very glad to hear about your girlfriend and her fortune with our loafers! They do look great also on women. You should show her our range of women's boots for winter as well :)

Buffon.bj

Reaction score
Sorry they didn't work out for you (we've had a few cases where people have sized down and toe space have been limited, then it has worked well with our thin leather insoles and tongue pads on the "regular" size. Food for thought.. ;) ).

But very glad to hear about your girlfriend and her fortune with our loafers! They do look great also on women. You should show her our range of women's boots for winter as well :)
Thanks for the tip, I might try that some other time - I really would fancy a pair of black loafers to use in more "formal" occasions. However, what I was really looking for right now was lighter brown suede or nubuck loafers for the summer time, and I already found a pair that fit my foot well from Heinrich Dinkelacker :)

Regarding the women's boots line, she actually would be very interested in buying them (chelseas in particular), but they are all out of stock at the moment in her size (41). I actually advised her to try a size 41 women's chelsea from Loake's summer sale, but it was a bit small in length and quite tight at the ball of the foot. After that, she was a bit dismayed and thought that no women's boots could fit her... How would you describe your sizing in the women's chelseas, do they run tts or large?

Right now she's awaiting chelseas from Myrqvist, let's see if those would fit.

Betelgeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Share pics! I would like to buy some for my girlfriend but I bet that she's going to ask me how they look. A pic would help to convince her and I get a new pair of loafers. :)
Hmm yeah I based on what most people do I'd go with UK9 in the Jack last of the Skolyx loafers.
Nice! Thanks!

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, I might try that some other time - I really would fancy a pair of black loafers to use in more "formal" occasions. However, what I was really looking for right now was lighter brown suede or nubuck loafers for the summer time, and I already found a pair that fit my foot well from Heinrich Dinkelacker :)

Regarding the women's boots line, she actually would be very interested in buying them (chelseas in particular), but they are all out of stock at the moment in her size (41). I actually advised her to try a size 41 women's chelsea from Loake's summer sale, but it was a bit small in length and quite tight at the ball of the foot. After that, she was a bit dismayed and thought that no women's boots could fit her... How would you describe your sizing in the women's chelseas, do they run tts or large?

Good you found something that fit well!

Yeah we will receive new boot stock early fall (Edit: just received, see below). Our women's boots are relatively standard in size, though it happens that some size up.

Last edited:

Skolyx

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

We actually just received restock of the womens boots in 41. Just some black pairs missing but all others in stock in 41 now. If you want the black ones drop us an email and we can give you exact info about a pair for you :)

Buffon.bj

Reaction score
Share pics! I would like to buy some for my girlfriend but I bet that she's going to ask me how they look. A pic would help to convince her and I get a new pair of loafers. :)
I can later on, no problem!

We actually just received restock of the womens boots in 41. Just some black pairs missing but all others in stock in 41 now. If you want the black ones drop us an email and we can give you exact info about a pair for you :)
Oh my! If the Myrqvist pair won't fit her, I will definitely be in touch. It seems that every time I find that you don't have something I am after, you restock immediately, haha ;)

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh my! If the Myrqvist pair won't fit her, I will definitely be in touch. It seems that every time I find that you don't have something I am after, you restock immediately, haha ;)
Hehe yeah, that's good service, right? :-D

We always aim to keep popular models like this and our other Skolyx models in stock so if its sold out, drop us an email and we can see when it's scheduled to arrive back in stock. We usually have restocks coming every month.

Last edited:

chiggyv

Reaction score
View attachment 1208413

Summer is in full bloom in most parts of the northern hemisphere, and as everyone knows the ultimate summer shoe is them loafers. If you’ve missed our wide range of Goodyear welted loafers made on Mallorca for our own brand, go check them out here. We just received a restock so good chance to grab the pair your after. Really affordable at €219 (€175 / $198 excl. VAT), worldwide shipping.
Looking to put though a purchase of these in my Alden Van last size (TTS). Would that be advisable?

EDIT: Having some issues getting free shipping even though I'm above the $200 threshold. Screenshot attached.

Attachments

Last edited:

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looking to put though a purchase of these in my Alden Van last size (TTS). Would that be advisable?

EDIT: Having some issues getting free shipping even though I'm above the $200 threshold. Screenshot attached.
Yes the corresponding UK size in Skolyx Jack should be correct. Add a pair of tongue pads while you’re at it, and you can modify if needed.

Please email [email protected] and we will check on the freight issue, probably some currency fluctuation causing it.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.