• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

SKOLYX - Shoes, Shoe care, Clothing care and Accessories: Official Affiliate Thread

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Suede quality: Thick skin and soft, dense nap.
Construction: Flawless stitching on the rubber sole. Insole feels thick and sturdy.

Overall, this line of shoes from Skolyx is punching above its price tag! The last is balanced and features a narrow heel (which I like), without looking overly sleek.
Glad you like them!

Kochegar

Reaction score
Is it possible with some semibrogued/fullbrogued oxfords from Skolyx in future?

Skolyx

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is it possible with some semibrogued/fullbrogued oxfords from Skolyx in future?
Might be possible, but at the moment our main focus is models that is not existing in our stock with Yanko or TLB. We have semi brogues in light brown (tan) leather, burgundy and dark brown from Yanko at a very competitive price as well. But maybe you are looking for them with rubber soles?
Always interesting to hear so we can take it in for future consideration when deciding on new models :)

cyclemanic

Reaction score
Suede quality: Thick skin and soft, dense nap.
Construction: Flawless stitching on the rubber sole. Insole feels thick and sturdy.

Overall, this line of shoes from Skolyx is punching above its price tag! The last is balanced and features a narrow heel (which I like), without looking overly sleek.
Appreciate your thoughts! I've got fairly narrow heels too, so that's good to hear. Would be nice to see your worn-in pics a few months down the road too :cheers:

SchachMundialECapital

Reaction score
In the interest of being impartial, I will also mention what I deem less encouraging in this pair. Make note, this may not be representative of an entire batch, but rather just pertains to my pair. Sadly, SF is not allowing me to upload pics at the moment...

1) There is a strange clump at the base of the right heel lining. It feels relatively sharp and causes a bit of discomfort.

2) A dark streak on the outside edge of the right shoe vamp. Saphir Omninettoyant shampoo and rubber could not remove this flaw. I have come to accept it as an underlying dye stain on the suede...a bit disappointing, for sure. Especially since I only noticed after my 2nd wear outside.

3) Lastly, the most egregious of all, which may very well be an issue with the entire batch. The welt dye bleeds out heavily after mere contact with water. Something must have gone amiss in the edge treatment, as it loses color incredibly fast. Unfortunately, this mitigates the advantages of the thin rubber sole in rainy weather. Protecting the suede surface itself is not enough.

I will attempt to add pictures as soon as Styleforum lets me do so.

Skolyx

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Its a bit hard to give a certain explanation to your thoughts since we have had 0 mails or complaints about the above before (several hundred pairs sold). Also a bit harder since they seem to have been noticed after a couple of wears and not after receiving them before first wear. But as always, if you feel there is something you want us to investigate further or if we can assist you in any individual matters you can always send us an email at [email protected] and we will take a closer look and get back to you shortly.

markeronee

Reaction score
Those who bought the skolyx loafer. Just wondering how’s the size like compared to yanko 915 last or any other Loake meermin or vass sizes? Want to get a pair and am afraid the size is wrong :/

SchachMundialECapital

Reaction score
Another update, after ~5 wears.

Skolyx loafers are perfectly serviceable and I enjoy wearing them. They offer good value for money, as stated in my initial impression. One drawback that I have started to notice as of late (standing for longer periods than usual at work) is a lack of arch support. Not a huge problem, as I can add half-insoles to correct that.

From earlier today, paired with linen Spier & Mackay pants.
IMG_20190522_131628.jpg IMG_20190522_131653.jpg

Reactions: AWu

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
2P7A9573.jpg

June GMTO is the classic of classics, a black plain cap toe oxford, which here is made on the soft chiseled Alan last and on TLB Mallorcas popular thin city rubber sole. The choice of sole makes them extra versatile to wear both in dry and wet conditions, and this rubber sole is as thin and has the same beveled edges at the waist as leather soles. Real leather heel stiffener, as we always choose for our GMTOs. Price 3 495 SEK / €365 (2 796 SEK / €292 / $316 excl. VAT for those outside EU). No minimum quantity, and we offer free exchanges of size on our GMTOs. Note that with GMTO orders, you can also choose to have them made on a wider G width last with no extra cost. Check it out closer here.

2P7A9569.jpg

2P7A9578.jpg

Last edited:

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
By popular demand, we will here explain the in many cases unique features of the TLB Mallorca Artista range, how they are made and why, to give you a better idea what makes these shoes stand out, at the price point of €425 (€360 / $389 excl. VAT for those outside the EU).

ArtistaFeatures1.jpg

^^^
The factory have managed to make the bevelled waist continue in under the heel, creating a stronger and better looking waist. Very rare to see on Goodyear welted RTW shoes, normally you level out the waist before the heel, since it's much easier to attach the heel that way.

ArtistaFeatures2.jpg

^^^
The edges of the soles and heels, also at the waist, is sanded by hand to become extra smooth, which looks nicer and is easier to polish to a nice shine.

ArtistaFeatures3.jpg

^^^
The most striking feature of the Artista shoes is the very narrow waist. To be able to make this with the sole stitch going back all the way to the heel (not only cementing or Blake stitching the waist, which is much easier to make), a lot of elements in the manufacturing process have to work together. Worth noting is that it's not only from below that it looks amazing, with the waist going in so much on the sides the shoe gets a very elegant appearance.

ArtistaFeatures4.jpg

^^^
The sole stitching on Artista is made at 8 spi (stitches per inch), which is relatively tight for a RTW shoe. Also, the welt is carefully decorated with a fudge wheel making a mark all the way from the upper out the the edge of the sole, for a very exclusive look.

View the full Artista range here.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Continue to line-up and show the features of the TLB Mallorca Artista shoes:

108-PICASSO-BOXCALF-NEGRO-SINGLE-SIDE_L.png

^^^
Cutting the heel close to the upper makes for a more streamlined, elegant appearance, when the heel becomes an extension of the upper, instead of looking like a separate part of the shoe. On this black wholecut the heel also is slightly tapered, creating an even more neat look.

2P7A0252 (kopia).jpg

^^^
Often when rubber soles are offered, the look becomes more clumsy compared to leather soled shoes in the same range. Even if the rubber soles are as thin, the waist usually is made a bit wider and less bevelled, or you skip sole stitching and only cement them to be able to keep the look. The TLB factory are experts on rubber soles, so here the waist is as slim, the bevelling as built-ip, and the edges as rounded as their leather soled counterparts. Perhaps the most elegant rubber soled Goodyear welted shoes available?

2P7A0278 (kopia).jpg

^^^
One of the most important parts for creating a good fitting, comfortable shoe is the heel stiffener. On Artista this is made of real leather (not leather board or plastic), which conforms to the foot in an excellent way, and also is possible to re-shape if needed, since real leather is a living material. Normally you have to buy shoes at a much higher price to get leather heel stiffeners.

2P7A0203 (kopia).jpg

^^^
Upper leathers are of course something of very high importance when it comes to shoes. For Artista's smooth leather models, only the best classified 1st grade hides from one of the world's most renowned tanneries are used, the French tannery Annonay. Calf leather with tight pores and low amount of imperfections, which gets fine, tight creases. It's their Vegano crust leather which only has the dye on the surface, giving a nice depth of the shade and a lovely patina over time. When it comes to the suede, fine full reverse calf (so no split suede, which is much more common nowadays) from the British tannery Charles F. Stead is used. ⠀

Hope you now have a better understanding of what makes the Artista shoes special, with features normally only found on much more expensive shoes, here available at 4 295 SEK / €425 incl. VAT (€340 / $385 excl. VAT for those outside EU). View the full Artista range here.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.