• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

SKOLYX - Shoes, Shoe care, Clothing care and Accessories: Official Affiliate Thread

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
PhotobyRobinElmgren20182160 (kopia).jpg

After the success with a reverse stitch toe derby in Vegano brown as GMTO in November, we now offer as the February GMTO a version made in the gorgeous Vegano burgundy. A deep wine red shade that will get an amazing character as years go by, made by the famous French tannery Annonay.

The shoe is made on the elegant Oliver last. Equipped with TLB's thin city rubber sole, a durable alternative to a leather sole, and where TLB cuts the sole edge as close and also do the same bevelling of the edge at the waist as on leather soled shoes.

As all our GMTOs this model comes with a heel counter in real leather which is very rare in this price range, normally you have to buy shoes twice the price to get this.

Even more pictures of the model can be seen here (this in Vegano brown), more pictures of Vegano burgundy can be seen here.

Price is pretty neat, if we may say so, €365 (€292 / $344 excl. VAT for those outside EU).

This TLB Reverse stitch toe derby in burgundy GMTO is open during February, and we have no minimum amount so all orders will be produced no matter how many orders we have. We also offer the right to exchange if you don't find the perfect size at first try.
Delivery in April.

PhotobyRobinElmgren20182160 (kopia)-2.jpg

PhotobyRobinElmgren20182137 (kopia)-2.jpg

walkinginplace

Reaction score
First day wearing the Skolyx Longwings. So far, so good. I ended up going down about a half size and, with tonguepads, they work pretty well. Will update this thread once I've worn them a little more, but initial indications are definitely positive.

Edit: FYI these hyper-thick American Trench socks make these shoes look alot tighter than they actually are.

IMG_2038.JPG

Last edited:

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
First day wearing the Skolyx Longwings. So far, so good. I ended up going down about a half size and, with tonguepads, they work pretty well. Will update this thread once I've worn them a little more, but initial indications are definitely positive.

Edit: FYI these hyper-thick American Trench socks make these shoes look alot tighter than they actually are.

View attachment 1124068
Looking good! Glad to hear it worked out well with the new size and tongue pad.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
LRG_DSC06714.JPG

This week we visited the TLB Mallorca factory to work on some exciting things to come...

sarteaga

Reaction score
Gentlemen I ordered these as an MTO about 3 years back and as much asI love them they don't get any wear. Open to offers.

IMG_5489.jpg

SchachMundialECapital

Reaction score
Size, details, etc...? They look great in the picture.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Gentlemen I ordered these as an MTO about 3 years back and as much asI love them they don't get any wear. Open to offers.

View attachment 1137700
Those are nice, a shame they don't get worn. Hope a new owner comes along and give them more feet time!

sarteaga

Reaction score
Size, details, etc...? They look great in the picture.
Those are nice, a shame they don't get worn. Hope a new owner comes along and give them more feet time!
Thanks Gentlemen! I do really like them but I have too many shoes and these just seem to just go forgotten.

Details: Size 9.5UK although box states 9UK; tag states 9.5UK. They were part of GMTO (2 pair MTO with someone else here). Any other info I can share just let me know.

Sdig14

Reaction score
Above is exactly what I am looking for! But do I have patience to stay tuned?

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Above is exactly what I am looking for! But do I have patience to stay tuned?
I hope you will, think it will be worth it :nodding: There will be more on this already today, and next week all info will be given.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Artista launch contest 1 - pic 1.jpg

CONTEST - WIN A PAIR OF TLB MALLORCA ARTISTA SHOES!
Artista is a new top range from TLB Mallorca. Made on new lasts (soft chiseled Picasso shown here), only with first grade leathers from Annonay and Charles F. Stead, with features like an extremely tight waist (with sole stitch, so not just cemented), bevelling of waist goes all the way under the heel, real leather heel stiffeners, close-cut heels, very smooth sole edges and a tight sole stitch.
Go to our @skolyx Instagram and guess the price on Artista to participate, good luck!

Artista launch contest 1 - pic 2.jpg

Artista launch contest 1 - pic 3.jpg

Artista launch contest 1 - pic 4.jpg

Skolyx

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Since earlier we offer shoes from our own entry-level Skolyx collection, Yanko a step above that and then TLB Mallorca. We are now very happy to introduce TLB Mallorca Artista wich will be displayed at the Super TrunkShow in London on saturday.

Some of the features:
  • Extremely slim bevelled waists, which accentuates the shape of the shoe. Made with stitching all the way back to the heel, so the waist is not only cemented or Blake stitched as is commonly seen when making narrower waists.
  • Bevelling of the waist continues in under the heel, which normally almost only can be found on bespoke shoes. This creates a stronger waist, and looks more natural.
  • Real leather heel stiffeners (not leather board), conforms to the feet in the best way, and is a living material that can be re-shaped if needed.
  • Close-cut heels, follows the natural lines of the shoes.
  • Very smooth sanded sole and heel edges, also the waist edge is smooth, which is very rare to see. This not only looks lovely, it makes it much easier to polish them and keep the edges in good condition.
  • Tight sole stitch of 8 spi (stitches per inch), together with a well-balanced fudge wheel setting.
We will run a pre-order period through April with expected delivery in May (early orders receive first).
More info and pictures will of course be available shortly.

Hope you will like it!

2P7A0414-2_1.jpg 2P7A0380.jpg 2P7A0201-2 (1).jpg 2P7A0139.jpg 2P7A0237.jpg Artista contest 3 - pic 2.jpg 2P7A0444-2_1.jpg

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent write up on Shoegazing as well.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.