• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clhkg

Reaction score
Please email [email protected] for any specific order questions.

The white slip-ons will be available next S/S season and will be available in limited colors.

Summer Sale is live now:

They will be slightly less than €200, that is the plan anyway.

Thank you and I look forward to receiving the order. Happy day.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should not have clicked on the sale link.
Now I'm waiting for my first pair of StC and first pair of Scafora (do shoe trees come with the Scafora?). If the sizing is right, I'm sure I'll double dip on the Scafora. Plus a pair of braces for good measure.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I should not have clicked on the sale link.
Now I'm waiting for my first pair of StC and first pair of Scafora (do shoe trees come with the Scafora?). If the sizing is right, I'm sure I'll double dip on the Scafora. Plus a pair of braces for good measure.

Glad to hear it and wear in good health!

Shoe trees are not included with Paolo
Scafora (but they are also on sale).

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Prior to any unnecessary speculation I will comment on topics that some of you may have taken note of.

Carlos Santos - yes we are discontinuing this brand. Not a chock to anyone I think. We introduced CS as an instep alternative to mid range makers as Carmina (and now Löf & Tung). However, as we introduced Löf & Tung, the Carlos Santos brand has lost almost all appeal to our clients. For just a tad bit more, you can get what I feel is a lot more value for money by going to Löf & Tung. I am of course monstrously biased but I think a lot of you will agree.

Paolo Scafora - yes all of our PS stock is on sale and the brand will be discontinued. I am sad to let this maker go as I both enjoy the product a lot and and consider Paolo a friend. Any placed MTOs will of course be honored.

Generally speaking the "Golden Age" is behind us (veterans of Styleforum will know what I am referring to) and the time to introduce new exciting brands to an audience is much harder today than it was five years ago. People are not as inclined to jump on hand made shoes at €1000 as they were some years ago while mid and instep makers are making an impact.

Will Skoaktiebolaget turn into a single brand Löf & Tung store? No, we will continue to be a small, personal multi brand store focusing on European craftsmanship and bench made / hand made shoes.

EDIT: clarification needed

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I finally bit the bullet and ordered some loafers. The zonta suede was the one who made it worth it.

I ordered them to pick up in store so I'll try them on and hope they fit!

Thank you for the great sale

Enjoy!

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The market is the market and we can bang our heads against the wall trying to argue with it to no avail. But as a value proposition (dollar for dollar) it seems that the PS should have done better than some other brands with more name cache but less quality construction. I'm slowly replacing all of my Goodyear for hand welted and just dipping my toes in Scafora to replace some English makers and complement my primarily Hungarian and Italian makers.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The market is the market and we can bang our heads against the wall trying to argue with it to no avail. But as a value proposition (dollar for dollar) it seems that the PS should have done better than some other brands with more name cache but less quality construction. I'm slowly replacing all of my Goodyear for hand welted and just dipping my toes in Scafora to replace some English makers and complement my primarily Hungarian and Italian makers.
I'm on the same boat. I love the PS quality but I haven't been able to figure out fit. My first order was in my standard size and found the volume excessive. I'm not sure if sizing down an extra half from last time will be enough for me. But yes, HW over GYW any day (at least for me).

Meyboom

Reaction score
As long as SkoAB doesn't discontinue Enzo Bonafe, I'm good :) Personally I have never felt the need to step up from Enzo Bonafe as it offers everything I'm looking for in a high end shoe. The fact they have some of the best fitting lasts for my feet also helps a lot. Of course finishing on PS is really high (just look at the soles and the patinas) but they are almost too nice to be worn imo.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Leaves I've been eyeing the STC russian calf wingtip and noticed it's no longer on the site. Please please please tell me it was sold out prior to the summer sale?
Then you probably don't want to know. The black Russian calf wingtip was on sale yesterday. But, if it helps, just pretend that it wasn't available in your size (no idea if that is true).

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prior to any unnecessary speculation I will comment on topics that some of you may have taken note of.

Carlos Santos - yes we are discontinuing this brand. Not a chock to anyone I think. We introduced CS as an instep alternative to mid range makers as Carmina (and now Löf & Tung). However, as we introduced Löf & Tung, the Carlos Santos brand has lost almost all appeal to our clients. For just a tad bit more, you can get what I feel is a lot more value for money by going to Löf & Tung. I am of course monstrously biased but I think a lot of you will agree.

Paolo Scafora - yes all of our PS stock is on sale and the brand will be discontinued. I am sad to let this maker go as I both enjoy the product a lot and and consider Paolo a friend. The reason is fully because a lack of demand. The Golden Age is behind us (veterans of Styleforum will know what I am referring to), and the time to introduce new exciting brands to a new audience is much harder today than it was five years ago. People are not as inclined to jump on hand made shoes from Naples at €1000 as they were some years ago. Any placed MTOs will of course be honored.

Will Skoaktiebolaget turn into a single brand Löf & Tung store? No, we will continue to be a small, personal multi brand store focusing on European craftsmanship and bench made / hand made shoes.
What about EB and SC are they still safe?

BearA

Reaction score
As long as SkoAB doesn't discontinue Enzo Bonafe, I'm good :) Personally I have never felt the need to step up from Enzo Bonafe as it offers everything I'm looking for in a high end shoe. The fact they have some of the best fitting lasts for my feet also helps a lot. Of course finishing on PS is really high (just look at the soles and the patinas) but they are almost too nice to be worn imo.

I'll second that. EB are fantastic!

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But yes, HW over GYW any day (at least for me).

Without opening a can of worms here, but why HW over GYW? I’m only asking because I’ve also been swapping my GYW collection for HW...but I truthfully can’t explain why lol.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Leaves I've been eyeing the STC russian calf wingtip and noticed it's no longer on the site. Please please please tell me it was sold out prior to the summer sale?

I can’t remember exactly, I think only one size was still left when the sale started.

EB is safe, as long as I’m the captain of the ship, unless anything very dramatic happens that is out of my hands.

What about EB and SC are they still safe?

See above. Same for StC.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads