• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross post from John Lobb Thread:

Harlyn Dark Brown Suede MTO incoming from Skoak!

I've long been a fan of EG Dover's but previously bought the Harlyn from Skoak in Parisian Brown and I believe the Harlyn is the better shoe.

View attachment 971230
Why do you think Harlyn is a better shoe?

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the new website. One thing that I just noticed at least on the Google Chrome app for the iPhone is that it reverts back to SEK currency as soon as you click on a product.

aegraue

Reaction score
@Leaves Will these cordovans that are pictured on the front of the website have a full run in the foreseeable future or are they MTO only? If you will run them at some point, what's the approximate price?

View attachment 971263

Löf-Tung-13371-Burgundi-Cordovan-T-Last-7.jpg

mockingboy

Reaction score
Why do you think Harlyn is a better shoe?

I find the leathers, atleast suedes, to be much more supple and comfortable.

The last looks better and is a balance between the 202 and 606. It’s not as bulbous and not as square as the 606. It looks great in casual and dressed up settings.

The double leathered soul isn’t as heavy as EGs and it is a much more tapered look.

I like the more pronounced EG apron.

Don’t get me wrong, I love both but I find I am going to the JLs more. I have an incoming pair in a misty leather and one in a grain leather and will Provide More feedback after getting those.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I really like the new website. One thing that I just noticed at least on the Google Chrome app for the iPhone is that it reverts back to SEK currency as soon as you click on a product.

I’ll look into that!

Chowkin

Reaction score
I’ll look into that!

Problems with the title of shoes on iPhone - the first few letters get truncated if the title is too long

Attachments

• Safari - 12 May 2018 at 00:45.pdf
    6.3 MB · Views: 83

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@coldinboston those are some great looking shoes. I’ve not yet tried anything from Lobb. Do you have many pairs? How do you like them?

Speaking of Lobb, and this goes for anyone, what do you get when you bump up to a Prestige level shoe? Is it just a beveled waist and shoe trees? Anything else? Phillip II looks sweet but not sure...

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@coldinboston those are some great looking shoes. I’ve not yet tried anything from Lobb. Do you have many pairs? How do you like them?

Speaking of Lobb, and this goes for anyone, what do you get when you bump up to a Prestige level shoe? Is it just a beveled waist and shoe trees? Anything else? Phillip II looks sweet but not sure...

also a slightly higher heel

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dangerous

Reaction score
Are there going to be any woven/braided leather derbies this summer? How are they actually braiding the leather?

Also, is the L&T launch end of monthly CS/EB/whatever GMTO:s on the website?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads