• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
OK. Chukka boot. Handwelted (I guess?). 74945 last. Millerighe rubber sole. Latigo calf.
Which chukka models is there to choose from, and what would the price be @Leaves ?

The most popular Chukka is the 3403. A hand welted chukka is 5800 SEK / 4640 SEK ex VAT (about $565).

Enzo Bonafe 3403 Hidro Volpe 946 E Last.jpg

Enzo-Bonafè-3722-Vitello-Bolet.jpg

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Very disappointing to see that all new model are starting at size 7, too big for me unfortunately

As a wide-footed gentleman, I am familiar with the feelings you’re experiencing: admiring all the lovely shoes stocked by Skoak that I cannot wear. :(

Ya
I'm uk 5.5
The options of uk5.5 are few

I have the reverse problem: Only some styles are stocked in UK 11 or UK 11.5.

And, I can relate to your feelings of disappointment as there are many styles that i would like to buy but that are not stocked in my size.

On the bright side, Skoaktiebolaget have a good GMTO program, and, I have been able to buy some shoes in my size this way.

It is really worth checking the GMTO styles offered every month, and, i think that they are always accepting GMTOs organized by customers outside of their regular program.

For our new Mystery Maker, I will try to stock a wider selection in smaller sizes. I wear UK 11.5 myself, but unfortunately sizes over UK 11 are extremely low in demand. If I stocked every single style (or even half the styles offered) in UK 5.5 - 12 Skoaktiebolaget would go out of business. It's the reality I have to adjust to. We have the GMTO service partly to get around this, every month we offer 3-6 styles in UK 5 - 13 (as mentioned above).
Skoaktiebolaget is a very small company. We are not SAKS or Nordstrom. :violin:

UNOAIMX

Reaction score
I'd like to pick up those lovely new CS Adelaides, but am a bit reluctant to do so since my last order to Canada came with a 1/3 markup in duties. Have any Canadian patrons had better success of late re: CETA?

Recently a friend recently bought Carminas from Skoak, after CETA already went into effect, heres the kicker, DHL still charged him full duties (18%) + HST (13%) + processing fees (ie. the 1/3 markup you mentioned). He had to call DHL to "clear up - ie. goods should get preferential tax treatment due to EU origin, as long as the exporter made declaration according to CETA" the issue so he didn't have to pay the 18%. But you still can't dodge the VAT/HST(13%) + processing fees, Im sure you know that the major shippers DHL/UPS/FEDEX still charge absurd processing fees regardless of CETA.

Read this thread if you want to learn more
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/way-avoid-outrageous-ups-fedex-brokerage-fees-1175703/14/

If UPS/FEDEX/DHL doesn't admit it, you have to cite the CBSA 2018 duty schedule, ctrl + F search for shoes (starting in section 64-8, page 894, look at the last column (preferential tax treatment) usually includes something like CEUT (Canada EU Tariff)...FREE

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/trade-commerce/tariff-tarif/2018/menu-eng.html

If I ever buy from Skoak again I will for certain not accept shipping from a major carrier, sticking with postal service, mailmen and CBSA officers should earn their pay...you should only be charged 13% HST by postal, or if you are lucky the CBSA will just let it through and you don't pay anything.
Can someone from SKOAK confirm we still have regular postal shipping option? Haven't bought from Skoak since CETA came in.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Actually don't see much difference between the two models. Any preferences @laufer (also on sole edge, dark brown?)?

No preference on the sole edge, I am happy to go with the flow. Lokoing at those pictures though, I would really prefer 3722 model with norwegese on 946 last.
@Leaves have you though about ordering this model for the store :)

hmlarsson

Reaction score
No preference on the sole edge, I am happy to go with the flow. Lokoing at those pictures though, I would really prefer 3722 model with norwegese on 946 last.
@Leaves have you though about ordering this model for the store :)
OK. A no go for the 74945 last for you then?

Fab75

Reaction score
My size is 6.5, already bought e
For our new Mystery Maker, I will try to stock a wider selection in smaller sizes. I wear UK 11.5 myself, but unfortunately sizes over UK 11 are extremely low in demand. If I stocked every single style (or even half the styles offered) in UK 5.5 - 12 Skoaktiebolaget would go out of business. It's the reality I have to adjust to. We have the GMTO service partly to get around this, every month we offer 3-6 styles in UK 5 - 13 (as mentioned above).
My size is 6.5 and already bought Enzo Bonafé and Carlos Santos, m’y size is quite common no?

hmlarsson

Reaction score
I am proposing a GMTO of a Chukka from Enzo Bonafè, any takers?

Model 3722
Hand welted
Latigo Calf
74945 last
Dainite or Millerighe rubber sole
Dark brown sole edge

Price for the chukka is 5800 SEK / 4640 SEK ex VAT (plus surcharge for rubber sole?)

This leather:
enzo-bonafe-3725-oak-latigo-z-jpg.930555

This model (without the norwegese stitching):
enzo-bonaf%C3%A8-3722-vitello-bolet-jpg.930710

This sole (Millerighe) or Dainite:

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Recently a friend recently bought Carminas from Skoak, after CETA already went into effect, heres the kicker, DHL still charged him full duties (18%) + HST (13%) + processing fees (ie. the 1/3 markup you mentioned). He had to call DHL to "clear up - ie. goods should get preferential tax treatment due to EU origin, as long as the exporter made declaration according to CETA" the issue so he didn't have to pay the 18%. But you still can't dodge the VAT/HST(13%) + processing fees, Im sure you know that the major shippers DHL/UPS/FEDEX still charge absurd processing fees regardless of CETA.

Read this thread if you want to learn more
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/way-avoid-outrageous-ups-fedex-brokerage-fees-1175703/14/

If UPS/FEDEX/DHL doesn't admit it, you have to cite the CBSA 2018 duty schedule, ctrl + F search for shoes (starting in section 64-8, page 894, look at the last column (preferential tax treatment) usually includes something like CEUT (Canada EU Tariff)...FREE

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/trade-commerce/tariff-tarif/2018/menu-eng.html

If I ever buy from Skoak again I will for certain not accept shipping from a major carrier, sticking with postal service, mailmen and CBSA officers should earn their pay...you should only be charged 13% HST by postal, or if you are lucky the CBSA will just let it through and you don't pay anything.
Can someone from SKOAK confirm we still have regular postal shipping option? Haven't bought from Skoak since CETA came in.

It has always been an option to use regular postal service to Canada. All our invoices and customs papers always includes "The exporter of the products covered by this document declares that, except where otherwise clearly indicated, these products are of European Union preferential origin." This should legally be enough but for some reason some countries' customs offices dick people around, South Korean customs is notorious for this and obviously Canada too although it's the first time I personally have heard about it in Canada.

I'll see if we can talk to DHL and FedEx and see if we need additional info on the invoices.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:cheers:

Certainly it’s an understandable reality in the case of wide fittings, and y’all do better than just about any other boutique retailer in this department, as a matter of fact.

That doesn’t stop the narrow foot envy, though! Lol.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads