• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Leaves If I'm in the market for a pair of MTO rubber soled boots for the Autumn, could you suggest which of the Bonafe & Carmina soles would be the most flexible and soft underfoot? Leather really only works in the summer here and I've always found Dainite to be quite stiff. Thank you.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Leaves If I'm in the market for a pair of MTO rubber soled boots for the Autumn, could you suggest which of the Bonafe & Carmina soles would be the most flexible and soft underfoot? Leather really only works in the summer here and I've always found Dainite to be quite stiff. Thank you.

Have you tried Carmina's "dainite"?

It's not true Dainite. I find it much softer, more comfy! Though maybe not as hard wearing.

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@peppercorn78 Thank you kindly. I haven't tried anything from Carmina and have no experiences with their soles. Hard wear is not all that important to me since I have a decent boot rotation and none of them see heavy wear.

I did take a look at the Carmina website and they are advertising the shoes as having Dainite soles so I wonder if they've recently started using the genuine Dainite soles made by the Harboro company?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@peppercorn78 Thank you kindly. I haven't tried anything from Carmina and have no experiences with their soles. Hard wear is not all that important to me since I have a decent boot rotation and none of them see heavy wear.

I did take a look at the Carmina website and they are advertising the shoes as having Dainite soles so I wonder if they've recently started using the genuine Dainite soles made by the Harboro company?

Up until recently they were not genuine Dainite, but maybe that has changed. You should email them directly to aske. We have changed all the articles to specify if it's a genuine Dainite rubber sole, or just a rubber sole on our website. In the case of Bonafè and Carlos Santos we recently asked them to source genuine Dainite for us as most clients hav asked for this.

WilYa

Reaction score
Thank you @Leaves

How does the Dainite sole stack up against the Bonafe Millerghie (sp?) and Goma Para soles? Are these two much softer?

I have both. Yeh, they are softer and much more comfortable. But for me the back heels wore out very quickly for being not thick enough(see pic). Maybe Vibram topy is better in this regard.
IMG_20170716_232110.jpg

letsgofire

Reaction score
It looks like the sale is starting. There are a lot more items in the Odd Stock section

youtubs

Reaction score
Awww... Was secretly hoping for a sale on button boots. My wallet breathes a sigh of relief.

If you don't have a pair or three of the Sozzi cashmere socks, I highly recommend them, especially at the sale price. Extremely comfortable.

knappabn

Reaction score
I was also hoping for button boots, but I'll comfort myself with a pair of EB Oxfords at a great price. Thanks @Leaves !

greenhouse

Reaction score
@Leaves I see you're still slowly adding items to the summer sale. Any chance Paolo Scafora will be part of it? I've been itching to give one of their shoes a shot.

knappabn

Reaction score
And now I'm tying myself in knots trying to decide on a pair of Lobbs. Skoak doesn't stock a ton in my size, so the 2 pair they do have are a bit redundant with current holdings, but obviously an upgrade. Uuuuuugh. The. Price. Is. So. Good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics