• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you! And you’re absolutely right as far as the amount of it takes. The recording is the easy part, the editing and everything that comes with the post production is the crazy part. I’m getting better at it but it still takes me a long time especially in this type of video where I’m using multiple cameras.

Yeah it’s the editing that makes me hesitant. We have all the gear and software... but not the time. Yet!

chuckb

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Carlos Santos and Lof & Tung shoes have steel shanks? Mostly wondering if I would have issues going through airport security x-ray machines while wearing them (I've had to take off steel-shanked shoes while going through security before).

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to get the Löf & Tung Gilbert Black Calf on last S. If anyone has experience with the last sizing compared to C&J or Carmina Simpson do you mind sharing? I'm in Canada so return of a wrong size would be a big hassle

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Carlos Santos and Lof & Tung shoes have steel shanks? Mostly wondering if I would have issues going through airport security x-ray machines while wearing them (I've had to take off steel-shanked shoes while going through security before).

They do. But I have never had an issue with metal shanks going off in security.

BearA

Reaction score
They do. But I have never had an issue with metal shanks going off in security.

Well, I have several times. The last year in Copenhagen and Geneva; the latter 2 weeks ago with a couple of L&T Walker. The same shoes did not trigger the security check alarm in the outbound journey from Stockholm airport. It seems to me that it differs between different airports how sensitive they set the alarm trigger since the same shoes does work in some airports, but raise the alarm in others.

It is a real disgrace and pain having to take of your shoes in an airport security check with the dirty floors and flow of people behaving like stressed cattle. Furthermore after a long day and journey your feet and socks are no longer in the state that they were in the morning. So please Mr Löf, avoid them if you can in the shoes that you sell! I would even be willing to pay extra for non metal shanks.

Apart from that the Walkers are terrific!

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Well, I have several times. The last year in Copenhagen and Geneva; the latter 2 weeks ago with a couple of L&T Walker. The same shoes did not trigger the security check alarm in the outbound journey from Stockholm airport. It seems to me that it differs between different airports how sensitive they set the alarm trigger since the same shoes does work in some airports, but raise the alarm in others.

It is a real disgrace and pain having to take of your shoes in an airport security check with the dirty floors and flow of people behaving like stressed cattle. Furthermore after a long day and journey your feet and socks are no longer in the state that they were in the morning. So please Mr Löf, avoid them if you can in the shoes that you sell! I would even be willing to pay extra for non metal shanks.

Apart from that the Walkers are terrific!

Hello, I will look into it but I honestly think it's difficult to achieve. Most Southern European makers use metal ones, it's mainly English makers that use wooden shanks.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We got some great styles that just dropped! Feast your eyes people! :bounce2:
https://www.skoaktiebolaget.com/collections/new-arrivals

Paolo Scafora
DSC_4233.jpg DSC_4231.jpg DSC_4224.jpg DSC_4212.jpg DSC_4183.jpg DSC_4172.jpg

Löf & Tung
DSC_4374.jpg DSC_4363.jpg DSC_4315.jpg DSC_4290.jpg DSC_4286.jpg

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I post infrequently in this thread, people around here probably would not be surprised to know that I have a lot of shoes.

I purchased the dark brown version of the below about 8 months ago. I'm ashamed to admit: they are pretty much my one shoe. I wear them constantly. In fact, way, way too much. They are comfortable, and go with just about anything. They get the Newc seal of approval.

1147243-affe540fce723c07673d4f0757900013.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads