• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Azul

Reaction score
is there a SF discount code for skoaktiebolaget's website shop? thank you all

dangerous

Reaction score
I was at the trunk show yesterday, ordering a pair of boots that has the chance to be both amazing and horrendous.

It was one of the best and most enjoyable afternoons in a long, long time. I had so much fun and enjoyed the expertise and service of the awesome staff.

Massimo was awesome.

I'm pretty confident I'll show up the next time there's a trunk show too.

I even got a beer! at 4 PM!

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone receive a pair of their L&Ts? Would love seeing some pictures in the wild.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a "fresh out of the box" picture of my L&T Parks:
IMG_1509.jpg

My first impression is that these are plenty big. I think if you're in any doubt about fit, it is essential to email Skoak to get fitting advice. These fit me pretty well. The quality seems excellent and so they seem like extraordinary value for money. I'll probably wear them Monday with my tobacco linen suit (it's gonna be warm Monday). I'll post more pictures then. But for now, a big thumbs-up!

dangerous

Reaction score
View attachment 961926

My first impression is that these are plenty big. I think if you're in any doubt about fit, it is essential to email Skoak to get fitting advice. These fit me pretty well. The quality seems excellent and so they seem like extraordinary value for money. I'll probably wear them Monday with my tobacco linen suit (it's gonna be warm Monday). I'll post more pictures then. But for now, a big thumbs-up!

If you're the guy who bought the size 10/10.5 I might have to passive agressively haunt you on this board saying all you post is ugly and dumb, because I was spellbound by them when I saw them in the shop, and I thought they would still be around when I got there a week after launch. They are pretty close to the ideal spectator that you can wear in casual settings

I'm unsure if they are better than the C&J spectators thats very similiar, but I really prefer this fabric over C&Js.

Congratz on some amazing shoes.

Cuebert

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback! Lovely to hear! Pics!

We need pics!

You call, I deliver!

Stylewise, what I especially like about the Löf & Tung Tassel Loafers is the rather short apron stitching, which I have yet to see on another maker at this price range. It emphasises the well proportioned last, especially around the toe area, as it doesn’t interrupt the beautiful curvature of the toe box.

Note: I gave them a little extra polish around the toe are and heel.

@Leaves, the last one is for you!

0A7BB266-0022-4E07-B1C8-9A325D6835EE.jpeg
71AC7E5F-0700-463D-8E31-EC4CA1A2100F.jpeg
47F78C76-0DEE-4415-B5B5-C74C2D1CA8A3.jpeg
76E4199C-7879-4ED4-9439-50F9DD508E3F.jpeg
6AC430A5-5702-45FF-BE99-E8C2172F4D3C.jpeg
CD6EE18E-4721-4785-807B-F932DF6E4EE8.jpeg
11B8A838-5909-44CA-84EA-F1F771B4FC6C.jpeg
80A8BE90-5364-4E48-A7C6-9BE9728759F3.jpeg
C5400C37-7F39-4956-B34C-4A3A359A3A9C.jpeg

Last edited:

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're the guy who bought the size 10/10.5 I might have to passive agressively haunt you on this board saying all you post is ugly and dumb, because I was spellbound by them when I saw them in the shop, and I thought they would still be around when I got there a week after launch. They are pretty close to the ideal spectator that you can wear in casual settings

I'm unsure if they are better than the C&J spectators thats very similiar, but I really prefer this fabric over C&Js.

Congratz on some amazing shoes.
Most of what I post is certainly dumb, if not also ugly. However, these are size 8.5UK so you'll need to hunt down someone else!

I agree with you that they are excellent and casual spectators. I don't know what the C&Js are like, but the canvas on these Parks is miles ahead of any canvas Specs I've seen elsewhere.

dangerous

Reaction score
Most of what I post is certainly dumb, if not also ugly. However, these are size 8.5UK so you'll need to hunt down someone else!

I agree with you that they are excellent and casual spectators. I don't know what the C&Js are like, but the canvas on these Parks is miles ahead of any canvas Specs I've seen elsewhere.

This is the C&J one. I think the L&T looks a bit better due to the last and the colours. I really think the darker canvas compliments the darker leather so much better than this light compliments the light brown. The medallion on L&T is also cooler. The more structured leather on the L&T is better. I think that the L&T has outdone the C&J in every way, since I believe the C&J is more formal and I think spectators arent supposed to be formal anyway.
gerrard-5-5968-1tf-1.jpg

Wear them in good health. I was really hopeful of grabbing a pair in the shop, they looked amazing but out of my size.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
View attachment 961926

Thanks for sharing Andy. Wear in good health!

You call, I deliver!

Stylewise, what I especially like about the Löf & Tung Tassel Loafers is the rather short apron stitching, which I have yet to see on another maker at this price range. It emphasises the well proportioned last, especially around the toe area, as it doesn’t interrupt the beautiful curvature of the toe box.

Note: I gave them a little extra polish around the toe are and heel.

@Leaves, the last one is for you!

View attachment 962065
View attachment 962066
View attachment 962070
View attachment 962071
View attachment 962072
View attachment 962073
View attachment 962074
View attachment 962076
View attachment 962077

Thanks! Always nice to see some in the wild pics! I watched half of the game at a Sopot pub, brilliant assist by Sanchos. Think it was the third goal.

This is the C&J one. I think the L&T looks a bit better due to the last and the colours. I really think the darker canvas compliments the darker leather so much better than this light compliments the light brown. The medallion on L&T is also cooler. The more structured leather on the L&T is better. I think that the L&T has outdone the C&J in every way, since I believe the C&J is more formal and I think spectators arent supposed to be formal anyway.
gerrard-5-5968-1tf-1.jpg

Wear them in good health. I was really hopeful of grabbing a pair in the shop, they looked amazing but out of my size.

Thank you for your very kind words. I ordered a restock of these so please use the waiting list if you are interested.

notdos

Reaction score
So I’ve wanted to try a pair of Carlos Santos boots in a Patina color, but sizing has kept me from pulling the trigger. From the beginning, the posts I’ve read seemed to indicate that they run unusually large. I’ve read (I believe) every thread referencing CS sizing.
Based on that, I think that I need to size down 1.5 on the 234 Last.

I’d appreciate any comments from you guys who have CS on the 234. For reference, I have a low volume foot. I’m 8.5 UK on Carmina Oscar (slightly loose overall), 8.5 UK J Fitzpatrick NGT and TMG, 8.5 UK C&J 325 and 8.5 UK Meermin Hiro. The J Fitz NGT and Meermin Hiro seem to fit best overall.

Thanks,
Phillip

dangerous

Reaction score
So I’ve wanted to try a pair of Carlos Santos boots in a Patina color, but sizing has kept me from pulling the trigger. From the beginning, the posts I’ve read seemed to indicate that they run unusually large. I’ve read (I believe) every thread referencing CS sizing.
Based on that, I think that I need to size down 1.5 on the 234 Last.

I’d appreciate any comments from you guys who have CS on the 234. For reference, I have a low volume foot. I’m 8.5 UK on Carmina Oscar (slightly loose overall), 8.5 UK J Fitzpatrick NGT and TMG, 8.5 UK C&J 325 and 8.5 UK Meermin Hiro. The J Fitz NGT and Meermin Hiro seem to fit best overall.

Thanks,
Phillip

I'm currently breaking in my CS patina shoes in the 234 last. It's just a bit low volume for my preference, but I think they will break in nicely.

I'm 10 in C&J:s 325 last and they are slightly bigger than the 234 in 10 IIRC. I have only tried 325 in boots though. I have not tried the other lasts.

I have a pretty big, high volume foot though. They are feel pointy though, so make sure you like the last.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads