• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Xpost from EB.

After more than a year wait, my very special boots are here.
bigstar%5B1%5D.gif

I am very pleased with the great execution of the 360 ºchained norvegese stitching, which it it´s been in my mind for many years.

First shoes with grained leather and Vibram soles.

Love the smell of fresh leather.

Thanks to Gabriel from Skoak.

Usonian

Reaction score
holy crapoli @Zapasman those are terrific! I've never really been too into norvegese stitching, but every time EB does it i'm blown away by how nice it is. really makes me want to get a pair just like that.

varsityreds0123

Reaction score
If you're ordering a MTO, I'm just curious as to why Bonafe writes "made for Skoaktiebolaget" instead of the customer's name?

ecwy

Reaction score
I joined @Zapasman for his GMTO and also got it re-made. Mine had an issue with the outsole stitch connecting the sole and I had it re-made even though I quite liked the "incorrect" specs that EB did. I also asked for removable braided laces this time round so they removed the leather ends and taped it up with plastic ends. Kudos to Skoak guys for the great service.

The norvegese stitching this time round is executed beautifully and really among one of the nicest I've seen among all the pairs I have. No complaints about the workmanship this time round though the pull tab is kind of non-functional.

Only issue I have is the boots seem to be in different shades - one more red, one more orange. Looking at @Zapasman pair, it seems to have the same issue so it looks like they clicked the right and left side of the boots from different batches of leather. They probably clicked all right pairs then all left pairs rather than both sides from the same hide.

Bonus pic - chain norvegese vs goiser welt

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

If you're ordering a MTO, I'm just curious as to why Bonafe writes "made for Skoaktiebolaget" instead of the customer's name? 

This is the default writing and some clients prefer this even for single MTOs. Client's name is more common though.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
holy crapoli @Zapasman those are terrific! I've never really been too into norvegese stitching, but every time EB does it i'm blown away by how nice it is. really makes me want to get a pair just like that.
Thanks Usonian. EB (I believe is E.B´s wife who does this stitching but maybe Leaves can clarify this aspect) executes this sititching perfectly as Ecwy mentioned before. I was blowned away too, that is why I wanted him to carry it out. I have studied other houses, but their prices are incredible expensive if you compare.
This is the default writing and some clients prefer this even for single MTOs. Client's name is more common though.
Next time I will do so. Must say that Gabriel has been a great professional. Very happy with my experience with you.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I like this version better than the Cleverly, for less than half the price. Going to have to keep that in mind.

+1, also all the AC's last seen to run at least as narrow as GG TG73 so no go do me on Cleverly

ltontheqt

Reaction score
I want to return a pair of shoes to Skoak. Cost is through the roof. Tried FEDX, UPS, DHL. Lowest quote is $150, about one-third of the value of the shoes. I can't be the first person to return merchandise to them from the U.S. Are there other options? I know that there's always USPS, but it takes forever and shoes might arrive past the three week period I now have left for returns.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to return a pair of shoes to Skoak. Cost is through the roof. Tried FEDX, UPS, DHL. Lowest quote is $150, about one-third of the value of the shoes. I can't be the first person to return merchandise to them from the U.S. Are there other options? I know that there's always USPS, but it takes forever and shoes might arrive past the three week period I now have left for returns.

you can send it thru. USPS Priority Mail Express International (3-5 Business days delivery time) and price would be better than others.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads