• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That was a GMTO run a few months ago due to deliver soon. You would need to place a single MTO order

Guessing you confirmed your kudu Thorpe? Nice. I wonder how far the color is from arran grain.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do not think there is any kudu left.
Yes, I believe there was a limited supply when it was first brought up. You would have to contact @Leaves and see if there was any available.

Last edited:

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tallcane

Reaction score

Soller is roomier than Rain, particularly in the toe box but also across the ball of the foot.

I can generally do 8.5 in Rain last for a shoe, though I go up to 9 for a boot for a comfortable if slightly roomy fit. I've tried 8.5 in Soller in a boot and it is plenty roomy enough.

Why is sizing down in a boot not recommended? I was also under the impression that I should size down a half size from rain to Soller but am thrown by the comment that I shouldn't do this for a boot.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why is sizing down in a boot not recommended? I was also under the impression that I should size down a half size from rain to Soller but am thrown by the comment that I shouldn't do this for a boot.

I size up from 8.5 to 9 for a boot in Rain. I don't need to do so in Soller because it is roomy enough. I did not suggest sizing down for a boot as a general rule.

Tallcane

Reaction score
Thanks Roger. Is there a rationale for why? Does the shaft of the boot impact this issue?

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Roger. Is there a rationale for why? Does the shaft of the boot impact this issue?

For me, it's down to the fit of a particular last rather than a general rule. 8.5 Rain is a good fit but a snug fit. A boot that's a bit too small is worse than a shoe that is a bit too small, IMO. Foot and ankle are completely covered, so there is no room for forgiveness. Going up half a size allows me the choice to wear thicker socks on occasion, but isn't nearly so roomy as to be a poor, sloppy fit. If sizing up by a half did result in a boot a bit too roomy, that could easily be solved by an insole. If too small, you can only have them stretched, which is a hit and miss proposition.

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks - 606 last, Dainite, storm welt. And yes, the Mahogany is at once beautiful, subtle and complex. It really can take on different looks in different light. Indoors it looks mostly medium brown. In the sunlight, though, there are wonderful hints of reds and orange.
orig.jpg
Extremely awesome. I know not everyone likes the squared-off apron but I think it's lovely.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Would you look at that Carmina Polo Suede. Anybody interested in 5 eyelet chukka on the Rain last in Polo Suede.

@laufer I'm in. I wanted to pull the trigger on the boots too but with so many folks here on 7.5UK I always get beat. Need to lurk more frequently Skoak's site :)

Would be great if we can get to 6 before the price increase. Though 3% isn't much. Oh the life of a mendicant shoe addict.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am 90% in as well. Just want to hear all of the details.
@lauferwhat deets are you thinking? Can we do some sort of rubber sole? Dainite (double or 500), Tomir or victory? Leather sole is not a deal breaker but I do prefer rubber as it rains a lot where I'm from.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nabbed the Polo suede boots and a pair of brown dress oxfords. For some reason once I subscribed to this thread my older shoes all of a sudden became uncomfortable to wear. That's when I decided to replace all of them. Going to have a lot red boxes to share in the next week or two ! Bastards.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads