• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me at least, i'm at home 99% of the time because I'm working from home. My only chances to wear fun shoes/boots are trips to the supermarket. :( Hopefully after omicron finishes peaking here I can get back to the office a bit.

I can relate. I find out this week sometime what my company is going to do with going back to work. All I wear is a hoody and joggers these days. I do miss dressing up at times.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My hope is that if the pandemic ever ends, we'll see an influx (more like outflux) of people excited to get out and dress up and live normal (but better dressed) lives again.

djdanniedee

Reaction score
This got me thinking back to my personal journey with Skoak. At the time, Carmina's were my ceiling. I would admire Enzo Bonafes from afar thinking they were too expensive for me to ever purchase, same with GG, Edward Green and STC, these 3 quite literally being unattainable / fiscally irresponsible of me to purchase.

Fast forward a few years and i've gotten quite a good collection of Carmina's, U-wing adelaides, frankenstitch, polo suede balmoral boots...was quite satisfied and understanding that this was as far up as i could punch. Then the intrigue kicked in, too many GTMO's of GG, EB went and gone over those years that i couldn't resist anymore, i just had to take the dive on a pair of EB. Suddenly EB became my norm, and i started to justify that handwelted shoes were what i needed, i couldn't go back to Carmina's.

My collection of EBs started to grow, hunter long wing boots, tarnsjo long wing boots, faux split toe derby, norvegese split toe, double monk chukkas.... and then... i just had to see what STC was... that ever so lovely, iconic, defining, long wingtip, just oh so beautiful. And then i had them. and i loved every inch of it. But then Skoak came out with a russian calf version and i just had to have that as well.

My only regret during my years purchasing Carmina's at Skoak was missing out on the deadstock kudu GG makeups. I swore to myself that if i could go back in time i would buy them all, like, no joke. And then magically, a pair of kudu thorpe was on the B&S thread, and a year later a pair of kudu isham was also on the B&S thread. My life felt... at peace, i could never purchase another pair ever again and i'd be satisfied.

Bam, Carmina is dropped and Skoak is launching their own brand. Well i just gotta support. What is this? A gmto captoe balmoral with croc facing...

Thank you @Leaves for all the great memories and for the collection i have today.

kalufsen

Reaction score
Thank you SkoAB! JL Prestige.

IMG_6707.jpg

Reaction score
Kudu Gessis on a beautiful day off with my little daughter (post more shoe pics, people!). Been wearing them at least twice a week since I got them in september, and I’m very happy with them. Can take a good beating, very easy to condition and look better and better. Mentioned this a while a go, but they have stretched a tiny bit, meaning I could have picked half a size smaller, but that was easily adjusted with some pads n grips.

As for dressing down, or not up, because of working from home, I don’t get it. I feel so much better and more alert when dressed properly, no matter if I’m staying home all day or not. And I gladly put on proper shoes to go down the corner shop for five minutes. And Mrs aint complaining either about me not wearing sweatpants.

Sad I never got to visit the store, and sad if some of the guys working there will have to go. I have some L&T mto plans for the future though (please make that wider S last happen!) so here’s hoping the online sales will grow strong and stay that way.
F1C21E8F-F324-4EE9-9419-3A9098674ECF.jpeg

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I wonder where everyone is these days. So many SF members that used to be very frequent have just disappeared in thin air. Are they on reddit, Discord, Instagram? Or have a lot of the shoe guys from "back in the day" just switched their interest to other hobbies?

A bit of both for me. I've been working from home for almost 2 years now (with the briefest return to normalcy pre-Omicron). Most of my shoes and nice clothes have been gathering dust (figuratively speaking). I have had a handful of Zoom court appearances (including the Supreme Court) - but those just require robes or a jacket and tie. Shoes - heck, trousers - are optional. I have two pairs of boots that are brand new sitting in the original boxes yet to be worn. Then on the new hobbies front, I got my license, bought a motorcycle and plunged head first down that very deep rabbit hole.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does the sale apply on accessories as well @Leaves
If so I might send a proxy to buy some braces and other small thingies. Tempted to get a pair of boots but I just cannot motivate another buy just now, even though the Utah Kingsley screams for me to pick it up...

kalufsen

Reaction score
Does the sale apply on accessories as well @Leaves
If so I might send a proxy to buy some braces and other small thingies. Tempted to get a pair of boots but I just cannot motivate another buy just now, even though the Utah Kingsley screams for me to pick it up...
It does!

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

I would like to start a GMTO group order for Enzo Bonafe loafer in brown Tärnsjö leather with natural outsole on 363 last. Would anyone be interested?

Attachments

• 700.jpeg
    700.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 588

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A bit of both for me. I've been working from home for almost 2 years now (with the briefest return to normalcy pre-Omicron). Most of my shoes and nice clothes have been gathering dust (figuratively speaking). I have had a handful of Zoom court appearances (including the Supreme Court) - but those just require robes or a jacket and tie. Shoes - heck, trousers - are optional. I have two pairs of boots that are brand new sitting in the original boxes yet to be worn. Then on the new hobbies front, I got my license, bought a motorcycle and plunged head first down that very deep rabbit hole.

I can relate. I had an early morning Teams-meeting the other day with no trousers on. :fonz:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics