• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Damn these Gessis really fit differently from each other. The Kudu one is more comfortable than the suede, maybe it is because the nature of the leather" I thought to myself before I realised they are built on different lasts :lol: Care to share why you chose the T last for the suede and S last for the Kudu @Leaves

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Haul #2:

View attachment 1713068 View attachment 1713069 View attachment 1713070 View attachment 1713071

Both S last. I have to admit I was sceptical about an S lasted field boot but they fit great. The Vibram Eton sole is also much softer and more comfortable than the Dainite studded sole so that's a plus too. Nice subtle loden color too, almost dark brown.

The black Clark pair is stunning by the way, very happy with it.

@Leaves : compliments on the designs, attention to detail and flawless quality control. I have had more quality issues with much more expensive English brands to be honest.

As I said before: I own other shoes/boots made by the same Spanish factory but Skoak's versions are always impeccable; no corners are cut and all details are well thought out. Makes me wonder if you are on top of the QC and design yourself Patrick.

Thanks for the feedback and glad you enjoy your new kicks. I have not actually been to the factory for almost 2 years, COVID has put a stop to it. But I set the standards very early with the factory and they have been able to keep a good quality production standard, and that's why they are not comparable to other brands made in the same factory. It's not that all shoes from that factory has the same standard of production and quality. The specs are completely different between different brands. Also, any QC issues that may slip through, we try to catch this at Skoaktiebolaget before they go out to the client. It's never going to be a flawless product, I mean at this price level you can't really expect G&G quality but IMO L&T provides solid value for money, paired with classic design.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
"Damn these Gessis really fit differently from each other. The Kudu one is more comfortable than the suede, maybe it is because the nature of the leather" I thought to myself before I realised they are built on different lasts :lol: Care to share why you chose the T last for the suede and S last for the Kudu @Leaves

I just like the S last better than the T last myself. But I might introduce a wider S last going forward.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We have a Christmas Special for you guys. It's a classic buy 4 get 1 for free deal on Sozzi Wool socks! Enjoy. Add 5 wool socks to your cart and the forth one will automatically get discounted at 100%.

Last edited:

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback and glad you enjoy your new kicks. I have not actually been to the factory for almost 2 years, COVID has put a stop to it. But I set the standards very early with the factory and they have been able to keep a good quality production standard, and that's why they are not comparable to other brands made in the same factory. It's not that all shoes from that factory has the same standard of production and quality. The specs are completely different between different brands. Also, any QC issues that may slip through, we try to catch this at Skoaktiebolaget before they go out to the client. It's never going to be a flawless product, I mean at this price level you can't really expect G&G quality but IMO L&T provides solid value for money, paired with classic design.
I really do agree with your comment. Other makers that pride themselves in QC and production refinement have had me raise an eyebrow when I've received pairs from them. This can't be said with L&T. I would own more L&T pairs if you guys had a rounder last with a very moderate taper. The S last isn't for me personally. My mahogany country calf chukkas fit well, but my Tärnsjö Aldrins fit a bit loose in the vamp even after inserting thick tongue pads. So weird.

St1X

Reaction score
I own a couple of pairs from L&T and I don't know any shoes that would be at least as good at this price point. Not even talking about being better.
I wish they had more shoes on L last, though.
@Leaves Oxenham II in wine patina and museum calf were released just a few month ago, but went on sale this BF.
Does it mean that it's highly unlikely you'll release anything like these shoes in the future?

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick Box opening from the BF sale, a steal for sure

68E7AE77-6ABC-4377-86C5-76B102F54E13.jpeg
004FADA8-7F42-4BFF-A14B-986926647DDE.jpeg
22C6F70B-259E-4F73-8E33-4C2B31081736.jpeg

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Leaves iirc you also have the high boots yourself. How do you wear them mostly? Pants tucked in or pants covering the boots? And are high socks recommended with these boots?

I plan on wearing them for muddy forest walks, so will probably tuck my pants in so they won't become dirty

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought it's too wide, can only tuck pants in anyway?

dangerous

Reaction score
I thought it's too wide, can only tuck pants in anyway?

It depends on the hem of your pants... I wear really wide stuff so they it can work both ways.

Pretty sure Patrik tucks his pants into them.

I think they look the best with pants tucked in to show the shaft.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

brotherender

Reaction score
Practicing self-restraint feels nice but now I'm questioning if I should've purchased the Kingsleys I've been eyeing for the past year or more......

To whomever purchased the pair, enjoy them!
I exercised the same with the same shoes. Originally I even topped it up with 3 more pairs to finally be able to cut it down to one. But it was an uphill struggle, I have to admit. That was an unbelievably tempting BF at Skoaktie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads