• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alisher

Reaction score
What an uncomfortable last S. It is very narrow in the toe, and large in the instep. Patrick, who made a bet in favor of last S? You have a much more comfortable T last, which is much wider at the toe. Why do you have almost all shoes made on last S? Will you reconsider your policy for more T-last use?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well I haven’t tried S but if toebox is narrower vs T probably a pass

Alisher

Reaction score
I apologize for the confusion. I tried on last S half a size larger. I took the size in the last S the same as in the last T. Before that, the size in S was half a size less than in T. It became more comfortable in the toe, only the rise is too large, there is a lot of free space between the tongue and the instep of the leg.

Please compare S and L. I am interested in the instep and the width of the toe between the lasts.

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don’t quite get it, so are you saying best to be same size between S and T or upsize half in S?

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own both T and S lasted boots (Kingsley and Clark) and the T last is a bit shorter but wider in the toe area. So I don't think upsizing on the S last would help. In the instep area they feel similar

I wear both in the same size by the way (8 UK).

Reaction score
I have Gessi in S last, size 9.5, and Cole in T last, size 9. The Gessi would have fitted me better in 9 if it was wider, but 9.5 works just fine with tongue pads and heel grips. The Cole chukka in T last size 9 is perfect length wise. A slight pinch in the right pinky toe area, but it’s slowly going away as the leather adapts a bit over time. It’s all fine. Finding a last that fits you perfectly is rare for alot of people, especially for me, but sometimes a good enough fit will prove to be great, if you have some patience.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Black Friday is now Live

Skärmbild 2021-11-26 002222.png

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Literally came here to see what new GMTOs are happening and to look at pretty shoes. Instead, I'm buying them...

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black Friday is now Live

View attachment 1709948

+1, I was just telling my friends that I am not gonna buy any more (didn't buy much tho, a jacket and a glove) earlier today, then I picked up 5 items (gladly all small stuffs) after reading this.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
How is the S last loafer fit relative to other common loafers? Anyone have any pics comparing the toe shape side by side with other lasts?

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Practicing self-restraint feels nice but now I'm questioning if I should've purchased the Kingsleys I've been eyeing for the past year or more......

To whomever purchased the pair, enjoy them!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics