• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
Had my eyes on L&T Gessi in mahogany, but as it wasn’t available in my size and no restock was inbound, Erik at Skoaktiebolaget offered me to buy these instead, in kudu. Apparently these were made on the S last instead of the T last (at least the invoice and the box said so), but as this is my first pair of L&T I can’t compare. The S last is probably not ideal for the two abominable flat slabs of pale flesh and bone that are my feet (might need a small fitting piece) but I love these anyway.
CF863496-D261-4015-A54F-100D5CE6AC67.jpeg

dangerous

Reaction score
Had my eyes on L&T Gessi in mahogany, but as it wasn’t available in my size and no restock was inbound, Erik at Skoaktiebolaget offered me to buy these instead, in kudu. Apparently these were made on the S last instead of the T last (at least the invoice and the box said so), but as this is my first pair of L&T I can’t compare. The S last is probably not ideal for the two abominable flat slabs of pale flesh and bone that are my feet (might need a small fitting piece) but I love these anyway. View attachment 1672082

They look amazing! Great choice of leather. I don't think they look that big on you. What's your size? I'm a 10 and feel like it looks just fine on me.

Reaction score
They look amazing! Great choice of leather. I don't think they look that big on you. What's your size? I'm a 10 and feel like it looks just fine on me.
The leather is fantastic. Rich and deep, and soft right out of the box.
I’m 9.5, and the length of the shoes is fine. But my eternal problem with pretty much all shoes is the instep. My feet are basically a pair of steaks.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
I haven't given Loake a single thought since they started that policy, the same for any other manufacturer that follows along. It's one reason I have so many small brand shoes now after abandoning Allen Edmonds for quality issues. The Omega vs Costco court case cemented a dislike of the trend of manufacturing globally to save costs but not allowing global buying so the customers can see some of that savings passed on. The brands certainly don't want to pass it on. You guys at Skoak do a lot of things right IMO and I wish I had a bigger budget to buy from you more often.

same here, I would love to try a loake kempton, but no luck trying to find a stockist here in the US

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I haven't given Loake a single thought since they started that policy, the same for any other manufacturer that follows along. It's one reason I have so many small brand shoes now after abandoning Allen Edmonds for quality issues. The Omega vs Costco court case cemented a dislike of the trend of manufacturing globally to save costs but not allowing global buying so the customers can see some of that savings passed on. The brands certainly don't want to pass it on. You guys at Skoak do a lot of things right IMO and I wish I had a bigger budget to buy from you more often.
same here, I would love to try a loake kempton, but no luck trying to find a stockist here in the US

Many companies are adjusting to a global online presence and how to deal with that when you have agents, distributors and retailers and they all have contracts, hand shakes etc that need to be honored (although in my experience handshakes and gentleman's agreements means very little in this industry, sadly). The retail industry is in a transition phase. These issues won't be solved here and now but long term I do hope that more companies adopt a fair, global price policy. The current price variations makes no sense in a world where everyone knows that Skoaktiebolaget and other European retailers can send a pair of shoes faster from Sweden to Manhattan than most retailers in the US can send from Queens to Manhattan. Why should a US and JP client pay 2 x more for the exact same product? Things will need to change, consumers won't have it any other way.

dangerous

Reaction score
Many companies are adjusting to a global online presence and how to deal with that when you have agents, distributors and retailers and they all have contracts, hand shakes etc that need to be honored (although in my experience handshakes and gentleman's agreements means very little in this industry, sadly). The retail industry is in a transition phase. These issues won't be solved here and now but long term I do hope that more companies adopt a fair, global price policy. The current price variations makes no sense in a world where everyone knows that Skoaktiebolaget and other European retailers can send a pair of shoes faster from Sweden to Manhattan than most retailers in the US can send from Queens to Manhattan. Why should a US and JP client pay 2 x more for the exact same product? Things will need to change, consumers won't have it any other way.

The transparency you offer is always welcome, and a big reason I keep support your store... Outside of the crippling addiction.

It will be very interesting to see if L&T can hold its own now that theres another, more established, brand available to compete with in the same store.

I hope you take L&T and bring out more experimental stuff!

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

why is shipping so slow elsewhere?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
why is shipping so slow elsewhere?

There are different services nationally and internationally (ie DHL Express vs DHL Freight, nationally). It's the same for us here locally, we usually ship faster to the US than to clients in Stockholm. It's more expensive of course, shipping Internationally.

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
DSC_6746.jpg

Available now online.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Some pretty cool new makeups for you guys from Enzo Bonafé.

DSC_6760 2.jpg

DSC_6749 copy.jpg

DSC_6755.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads