• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The chelsea boot drop is yet to show up .... ???

Just arrived! Two of the are restocks of our most popular Chelseas.

Reaction score
1631371981438.png

This boot (in the picture on the main page under New Arrivals/Seasonal News) looks awesome.

RozenKristal

Reaction score
How is the 363MOD instep compare to, say, Carmina 80386 rain last? Is it much higher?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
View attachment 1666973
This boot (in the picture on the main page under New Arrivals/Seasonal News) looks awesome.

Thanks, it's basically the boot version of this and will launch soon.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, it's basically the boot version of this and will launch soon.

That but in a derby model is a pretty nice autumn shoe ?

winghus

Reaction score
I see Loake listed as a new brand for you. Are they going to allow you to sell to the USA?

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys robbed the Loake store a few hundred meters down, and trying to offload the goods? ;)

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Why do they not ship outside of the EU, out of curiosity?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I see Loake listed as a new brand for you. Are they going to allow you to sell to the USA?

Unfortunately not. Like more and more brands have been doing since we started Skoaktiebolaget, exports overseas have been limited. As a small retailer we can't really do anything about that. The big US and Asian department stores and companies with a lot financial muscle (Japanese agents etc) are making up these rules to protect their markets.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You guys robbed the Loake store a few hundred meters down, and trying to offload the goods? ;)

Online sales have been picking up for us in the EU so we have been needing a well known, reliable option and Loake fit the bill perfectly. They have styles that fills up a gap we had in casual styles and also their Export Grade line sits perfectly between Löf & Tung and Bonafè from a price tier perspective. They also have a lot of good looking boot styles in the rugged category which we been missing. Doesn't hurt that their Scandinavian distributor is a good friend of mine either. ;)

winghus

Reaction score
Unfortunately not. Like more and more brands have been doing since we started Skoaktiebolaget, exports overseas have been limited. As a small retailer we can't really do anything about that. The big US and Asian department stores and companies with a lot financial muscle (Japanese agents etc) are making up these rules to protect their markets.
I haven't given Loake a single thought since they started that policy, the same for any other manufacturer that follows along. It's one reason I have so many small brand shoes now after abandoning Allen Edmonds for quality issues. The Omega vs Costco court case cemented a dislike of the trend of manufacturing globally to save costs but not allowing global buying so the customers can see some of that savings passed on. The brands certainly don't want to pass it on. You guys at Skoak do a lot of things right IMO and I wish I had a bigger budget to buy from you more often.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads