• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yesterday I recieved my first pair of Löf & Tung Bellot in dark brown museum calf. The unpacking was great and the shoes are wonderfully executed, the leather in not very mottled which I prefer in museum calf.

Sizing is on spot 10.5UK (thanks to Erik's advise), the model is great, the austerity brogue has become my favourite formal shoe. I was afraid that the shoe's mouth would be a tad small (not unusual in spanish shoes) but is ok, and no issues in the proportions.

When I opened the box I thought "bahhhh white shoe bags"; Vass, Barker and AE use this color which is a no sense for me, since that bags are made to contain shoes not jewels. But the I realize that the bag have a dark brown linning, a nice detail.

This was a trial purchase, I will return*.

*Edit : To avoid any misunderstanding I should have said: " I wil return to Skoaktiebolaget for more shoes".

View attachment 1636302 View attachment 1636303 View attachment 1636304 View attachment 1636305

View attachment 1636308

Thank you for your review and feedback! Wear in good health! Hope to hear from you again soon!

Biogentic

Reaction score
just wonder can JLP shoes tree be shipped outside EU?
if i have william 2 and city ii in UK 8, i should be ordering UK8 for the shoes tree?
Any first time purchase promo code or sf promo code to use?

dangerous

Reaction score
My plan was to just buy groceries, but I saw the F&S Keble in the shoe rack and realised I rarely wear them because I haven't broken in the heel yet. I'd not wear denim with them if I actually planned an outfit, even if it kind of works.

Running to supermarket for 10-15 min? Perfect. I'm going to start wearing them a lot more since they're absolutely amazing - by far the highest end shoe I own; EB is great, but F&S Keble was on a different level. Real sad it's no longer in production.

8ZhZnAY.jpeg

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Howdy folks,

A little while back I received a "last day of the sale" email from the good people and Skoaktiebolaget and decided to grab a pair of Lof & Tung Champlain boots. I've always been intrigued by the style - and the fact that I had no similar boots in my collection. I was a bit cautious due to the shearling lining and the fact that I have naturally warm feet - would these boots be too warm?

That remains to be seen, but having received the shipment, I'm very glad I made the purchase. At full price, this pair - like all L&T offerings - represent very solid value for money. At the sale price, frankly, I feel a bit guilty. Definitely something to look forward to for the fall and winter seasons (though I'm in no rush!).

By the way - what are people using for photo hosting since Fototime crashed and burned?

djdanniedee

Reaction score
Which pair did you pick up? The suede combo or the country grain?

I picked up a pair of the York boot a few months ago and even tho i've yet to wear them outside i'm just in love with them!

Howdy folks,

A little while back I received a "last day of the sale" email from the good people and Skoaktiebolaget and decided to grab a pair of Lof & Tung Champlain boots. I've always been intrigued by the style - and the fact that I had no similar boots in my collection. I was a bit cautious due to the shearling lining and the fact that I have naturally warm feet - would these boots be too warm?

That remains to be seen, but having received the shipment, I'm very glad I made the purchase. At full price, this pair - like all L&T offerings - represent very solid value for money. At the sale price, frankly, I feel a bit guilty. Definitely something to look forward to for the fall and winter seasons (though I'm in no rush!).

By the way - what are people using for photo hosting since Fototime crashed and burned?

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which pair did you pick up? The suede combo or the country grain?

I picked up a pair of the York boot a few months ago and even tho i've yet to wear them outside i'm just in love with them!

I'm not surprised - we have very similar taste in footwear. I got the calf upper, suede shaft combo.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised Imgur isn't widely adopted, it's by far the best photo-sharing site I've used.

Just make sure to make it any uploads private to avoid any fatuous comments, you'll still be able to share as long as you provide the link for us.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello guys, we are currently experiencing issues with outgoing emails from our [email protected].

The issue has been sorted out but if you are missing a reply from us, this is the reason. Please email us again if you have not received an answer from CS the last few days.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received these last week. I was a bit worried these were going to clash with my dark brown scotch conistons, but upon arrival I realized they’re a completely different boot. As always, great service from the guys at Skoaktiebolaget; Ludwig’s unexpected email was greatly appreciated and a nice gesture. In retrospect, I regret not mentioning to add a few pair of Sozzi socks, since I had not worn my trial pair until afterwards.
F7AD88DD-134D-44B3-A608-D13E913C6342.jpeg
7A4056CF-0C8F-4AD2-A4D3-72F0726E17AB.jpeg
45E1721B-504F-4241-B8BC-8A70C0E7FCD0.jpeg
7D6F00A4-88A4-4CA4-B2AF-6F85C08D186B.jpeg

An attempt in capturing the natural beauty of Tärnsjö. I’d be interested to see what other leathers the tannery offers.
AE2EC1F2-EFF2-4D8E-B974-6030ABE393A4.jpeg
3AE9063C-8E3B-4E36-9A47-A8E1D1B4EB10.jpeg

Last edited:

rdugz

Reaction score
Received these last week. I was a bit worried these were going to clash with my dark brown scotch conistons, but upon arrival I realized they’re a completely different boot. As always, great service from the guys at Skoaktiebolaget; Ludwig’s unexpected email was greatly appreciated and a nice gesture. In retrospect, I regret not mentioning to add a few pair of Sozzi socks, since I had not worn my trial pair until afterwards. View attachment 1641982 View attachment 1641983 View attachment 1641984 View attachment 1641985
An attempt in capturing the natural beauty of Tärnsjö. I’d be interested to see what other leathers the tannery offers.
View attachment 1641987 View attachment 1641986
What color / variety of Tarnsjo leather is this? Looks beautiful, would like to see how it ages!

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received these last week. I was a bit worried these were going to clash with my dark brown scotch conistons, but upon arrival I realized they’re a completely different boot. As always, great service from the guys at Skoaktiebolaget; Ludwig’s unexpected email was greatly appreciated and a nice gesture. In retrospect, I regret not mentioning to add a few pair of Sozzi socks, since I had not worn my trial pair until afterwards. View attachment 1641982 View attachment 1641983 View attachment 1641984 View attachment 1641985
View attachment 1641987 View attachment 1641986
I should have joined this GMTO instead...

congrats!

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should have joined this GMTO instead...

congrats!
Did you join the chukka or just the wild deer skin wingtip gmto?
At first glance the makeup seems underwhelming or not as exciting as other makeups, but the execution was superb.

What color / variety of Tarnsjo leather is this? Looks beautiful, would like to see how it ages!
This is oak. No worries, I’ll definitely post photos regularly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads