• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live on a tiny island and my pick up point is relatively easy accessible, a boat trip there and back for an hour total. Having said that, I have to ask @Leaves to credit Erik (I believe) who phoned me and asked to which service point I would like to get my shoes delivered to. He knew island life is a bit different than living in an urban area ;) Shoes should be here by Monday if DHL do their magic. Thanks again for an awesome customer service.

Reactions: SRV

SRV

Reaction score
I live on a tiny island and my pick up point is relatively easy accessible, a boat trip there and back for an hour total. Having said that, I have to ask @Leaves to credit Erik (I believe) who phoned me and asked to which service point I would like to get my shoes delivered to. He knew island life is a bit different than living in an urban area ;) Shoes should be here by Monday if DHL do their magic. Thanks again for an awesome customer service.

Another shout out to Erik for the attention to detail and quality. When a recent pair that I bought was mislabeled on the website (by half size), Erik caught it during the Quality Check. He informed me of the size difference, apologized and sent me the actual measured differences between sizes in an email. More importantly, shipped the pair to me and gave me the option to return it for free if fit doesn't work out. Hopefully the shoes will fit well when I receive them next week and this will not be an issue.

Class act, all along! Much appreciated. Thanks @Leaves for the Customer Service!

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Another shout out to Erik for the attention to detail and quality. When a recent pair that I bought was mislabeled on the website (by half size), Erik caught it during the Quality Check. He informed me of the size difference, apologized and sent me the actual measured differences between sizes in an email. More importantly, shipped the pair to me and gave me the option to return it for free if fit doesn't work out. Hopefully the shoes will fit well when I receive them next week and this will not be an issue.

Class act, all along! Much appreciated. Thanks @Leaves for the Customer Service!

Glad to hear it! Erik is a real champ and has been a great help now that Olof is on parental leave.

efta

Reaction score
Is it possible to
We make almost all samples in UK 7.5 or a size a staff member can wear so it’s mostly a feeding frenzy for people with UK 7.5.

When you hire a staff member next time, could you use shoe size (ie. my size) as a hiring criteria?

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We make almost all samples in UK 7.5 or a size a staff member can wear so it’s mostly a feeding frenzy for people with UK 7.5.
You have too many staff members with size 7 to only have 1 shoe offered on the sample sale ;)

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have been able to secure some really nice leather. It's one of the most interesting leathers I have been able to source, together with the Jamaica Kudu that was secure the other week, in a long time.

The leather is called "wild deerskin hatch" in the color rustic tan. I have 80 square feet available (enough for about 30 pairs of shoes or 20 pairs of boots) after we have cut around the most distressed parts of the skins. However, just like kudu anyone placing an order for this leather will have to bear with the fact that the leather contains some small scars and variation in shading which typical of these very natural kind of materials from wild animals.

The surcharge is €75 per pair. My whole stock of this leather is at Enzo Bonafè so any MTO or GMTO will have to be Bonafè.

wild-deerskin-hatch-rusitctan-1.jpg
wild deerskin hatch 1.png
wild deerskin hatch 2.png

wild deerskin hatch 4.jpg

Attachments

• wild deerskin hatch 3.jpg
    wild deerskin hatch 3.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 13

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My first idea would be for this to be made up in any of the following GMTOs:

Style 3931 on the 74945 last (picture is a image URL from the Bonafè thread)
23265e0d-3658-48d3-a6f0-708b52ffd18e-jpeg.1567622

Style 3964 Skin Stitch Derby on the 363MOD or 74945 last
Enzo Bonafe 3964 Vitello Bolet 363 mod Last 4.jpg

Style 2475MOD with a chained Norvegese
DSC_2763.jpg

Let me know what you think, the version that gets the most traction will be posted shortly on our site!

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is where I start wishing EB worked for my feet. Those will be great.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
This is where I start wishing EB worked for my feet. Those will be great.

x2

Speaking of which, @Leaves I was discussing my EB fitment issues with another member yesterday and he mentioned that you guys spec a lower instep on 363 mod for your makeups. Is that accurate? I bought a pair of the mahogany shell jumpers and ended up reselling them due to fit so it would be good know for the future if that model has the normal EB instep or if you spec the makeup with a reduced instep.

Thank you sir. Gorgeous leather... the Jamaican Kudu as well.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
x2

Speaking of which, @Leaves I was discussing my EB fitment issues with another member yesterday and he mentioned that you guys spec a lower instep on 363 mod for your makeups. Is that accurate? I bought a pair of the mahogany shell jumpers and ended up reselling them due to fit so it would be good know for the future if that model has the normal EB instep or if you spec the makeup with a reduced instep.

Thank you sir. Gorgeous leather... the Jamaican Kudu as well.
Lower instep EB you say?!

dangerous

Reaction score
Big image dump, but figured it could be some inspiration

What about:

Art.-4054-1st-view-scaled-e1605199053397.jpg

hR9Vzyx.png

017_Bonaf%C3%A8.jpg

RoKB3op.png

92tJVVu.png

yfrH5sK.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads