• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I like Dainite studded the least (read dislike) and am at a point where I won't get makeups that have those soles fwiw

dangerous

Reaction score
Just did a revamp of the Löf & Tung MTO page. Hope you guys enjoy! There are a few bugs I need to sort out but nothing major I think.

Let me know if you have any feedback!

You're missing some lasts (C?) and soles (commando?)

The colour options are also really weird because the list is below and pictures show the name and style.

Looks really nice though. Do you really stock all the shell colours or are these the ones you can source?

Mrfuzon

Reaction score
Well Cs wasnt too helpful for sizing, but i guess ill have to risk it for the biscuit, whats the next step? Just need a 4th for the Tarnsjo Jumper?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well Cs wasnt too helpful for sizing, but i guess ill have to risk it for the biscuit, whats the next step? Just need a 4th for the Tarnsjo Jumper?
Let me know what sizes you wear along with brannock and maybe I can help you out

Mrfuzon

Reaction score
Let me know what sizes you wear along with brannock and maybe I can help you out
9.5E Brannock
Size 9 Viberg, Meermin Hiro
Size 9E Grant Stone Leo (tight with thin socks/not ideal)
Size 9.5E AE 65 Last
Size 9E AE 511 Last (sloppy Heel fit)

Rui and Barrie don't work for me, too narrow in the pinkies, and if i go to E the heel is sloppy.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9.5E Brannock
Size 9 Viberg, Meermin Hiro
Size 9E Grant Stone Leo (tight with thin socks/not ideal)
Size 9.5E AE 65 Last
Size 9E AE 511 Last (sloppy Heel fit)

Rui and Barrie don't work for me, too narrow in the pinkies, and if i go to E the heel is sloppy.
I would say start at UK8.5. The 363MOD is a wide last, probably similar to Viberg but with a higher instep. Likely the highest out of any others you mentioned. I think the toe room should be sufficient for you though (maybe a tad less than 1035 but close) as it sounds like that's the limiting factor. Since you are working through a GMTO, it's possible to shrink the instep and I typically recommend that for most people besides people who know they have a high instep. Hopefully this helps

Mrfuzon

Reaction score
I would say start at UK8.5. The 363MOD is a wide last, probably similar to Viberg but with a higher instep. Likely the highest out of any others you mentioned. I think the toe room should be sufficient for you though (maybe a tad less than 1035 but close) as it sounds like that's the limiting factor. Since you are working through a GMTO, it's possible to shrink the instep and I typically recommend that for most people besides people who know they have a high instep. Hopefully this helps
I think that would be conventional wisdom, but after seeing the guy on reddit say that the tarnsjo enzos were tight on him and he went down half a size from his bergs. That being said i have a large instep which is why E width Barrie and Regular trubalance are still snug on me. I dont recall a time where going a full size down has ever worked out for me.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strange, my experience is exactly the opposite.
After a while of walking, I feel the lack of a midsole and I feel it mainly in the ball of my feet. Initially, I thought it was the break-in but after a while, I began paying attention and realized it was the lack of a midsole.
The other person that said they were in hasn't said anything, so maybe 2 more?
On the sizing, I'm going with 9 UK.
I wear:
Viberg 2030 & 1035: 9
C&J 325: 9 UK
Meermin Hiro: 9 UK
Meermin Rois: 8.5 UK
Alden Barrie, Van, Trubalance: 9.5D
Tricker's 4497: 9 UK
Tricker's 4444: 8.5 UK
GS Alexander: 9.5D
Is the 363MOD somewhere in-between 2030 & 1035 with the instep of C&J 325?

Last edited:

kevenmee

Reaction score
@kevenmee @Encore are you guys interested in joining? I'm only asking since both of you showed interest.

Seems like @Mrfuzon is in and I'm definitely in.

Yep, definitely interested.

@Leaves not sure if it's a question for you or Solegarb but finally perfected my personal last after like 4 boots. Is it possible for me to use my personal last here? Let me know if this is a question for Solegarb instead!

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a while of walking, I feel the lack of a midsole and I feel it mainly in the ball of my feet. Initially, I thought it was the break-in but after a while, I began paying attention and realized it was the lack of a midsole.

The other person that said they were in hasn't said anything, so maybe 2 more?
On the sizing, I'm going with 9 UK.
I wear:
Viberg 2030 & 1035: 9
C&J 325: 9 UK
Meermin Hiro: 9 UK
Meermin Rois: 8.5 UK
Alden Barrie, Van, Trubalance: 9.5D
Tricker's 4497: 9 UK
Tricker's 4444: 8.5 UK
GS Alexander: 9.5D

Is the 363MOD somewhere in-between 2030 & 1035 with the instep of C&J 325?
We are basically the same size and I take all the same. I think 325 instep is high and 363MOD is higher. I get my EB's lasted laces open to reduce this.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are basically the same size and I take all the same. I think 325 instep is high and 363MOD is higher. I get my EB's lasted laces open to reduce this.
Holy **** ? Good thing I asked. The 325 instep scared me and my initial impression was I had miss-sized. I’m definitely taking your advice of getting them lasted laces open. Thank you.

Off topic; at anytime you decide to unload some footwear, feel free to pm me.....just not now lol. I’m doing 2 MTOs and possibly an Alden preorder ?

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Holy **** ? Good thing I asked. The 325 instep scared me and my initial impression was I had miss-sized. I’m definitely taking your advice of getting them lasted laces open. Thank you.

Off topic; at anytime you decide to unload some footwear, feel free to pm me.....just not now lol. I’m doing 2 MTOs and possibly an Alden preorder ?

good, he can msg me now instead. :-D :-D

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No problem. You just let me know when you are ready and what you are looking for?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads