• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Leaves, can you comment about the Danny trainers comparing their sole shape with Magorm's? The ganite colour is great.

The natural sole will look great with navy suede, off white suede, snuff suede, english racing green suede o black nubuk or suede.

The sole shape or the composition of the sole material?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just got my Löf & Tung Rivera Choco Suede and this is phenomenal shoes. Choco suede color is astonishing, closed channel leather sole is perfect, welt joining is just invisible!! I was so happy when I took shoes from bags, I don't have words to describe how those loafers good :)
I have ordered my Carmina Rain last size - 6 UK and with thick socks when fit is snug I have heel slippage. Should I go half size down?
@Leaves, is it anything I could do with heel slippage?

Thanks for the feedback, glad you like the shoes! As for the fit, heel slippage is common for loafers as the shoe is not as well fastened as in a lace up. The way forward could indeed be a tongue pad, as mentioned below. Can be found at any decent cobbler.

Perhaps a tongue pad will help. I always add tongue pads to loafers.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry but how is that relevant? I would say the most important thing is the shape of the last, no?

Hello.

Since in this kind of trainers the sole contains the feet like in the Chuck Taylor; the shape and height of the sole (or more specifically of the plimsoll) becomes "part" of the last.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Today we are having a look at some Horween Cordovan colors. There are a few makers of Shell Cordovan but none are as famous as Horween (Chicago). At Skoaktiebolaget we have always exclusively used Horween Cordovan.

Enzo-Bonafe-1968-Col.-8-Cordovan-946-Last-1_480x480.jpg

I've had the pleasure to meet both Skip Horween and Nick Horween at different leather fairs and they are both very pleasant people to deal with. Cordovan is notoriously difficult to color and thus you will see tons of variations of the different color options. Don't be surprised of there are some variations even on the same pair of shoes. Clients need to understand that this is a very natural type of leather that has both some natural occurring scuffs and differences in hues.

Enzo-Bonafe-3824-m-Dk-Brown-Cordovan-74945-Last-2_480x480.jpg

Nick Horween:
"Since the shell cordovan tanning process takes at least 6 months, there are many different steps that ultimately effect the final color (mostly the natural materials and extracts that we use, as they constantly vary themselves). We do our absolute best to match colors, and we even pick shells that have the proper character when we produce lighter colors."

Color 2 Cordovan. Also know as Garnet Cordovan. Also known as Ruby Cordovan. Shown here is the Löf & Tung Abreau in Garnet Cordovan. Picture from the very first LT GMTO ever produced.
Lof-_-Tung-Abreau-15706-Horween_Cordovan_Color_2_S_loafer_Last_1_480x480.png

Color 4 Cordovan. This is hard to produce, according to Nick Horween, and thus quite rare. Picture inserted from URL, not Skoaktiebolaget property.
zeb-shoes-wholecut-shell-cordovan-color-4-slippers-with-black-selvedge-denim-water-resistant-cream-shoe-polish-front-toe-pointed_large.png

Color 6 Cordovan. We have never actually made a pair of shoes in this. Very rare. Picture inserted from URL, not Skoaktiebolaget property.
all-the-colors-of-the-shell-cordovan-rainbow.jpg

Color 8 Cordovan. Also know as Burgundy Cordovan. Enzo Bonafé Penny Loafer. Usually in stock at Skoaktiebolaget.
Enzo-Bonafe-645-cordovan-color-8-Last-74945-1_480x480.jpg

Natural Cordovan. Possibly what Carmina Shoemaker calls Saddle Cordovan.
80152-Detroit-Saddle-Cordovan-MTO_aa151365-df0d-4b46-9baa-78958dab604f_480x480.jpg

Amaretto Cordovan. Picture inserted from URL, not Skoaktiebolaget property.
P4030119.jpg

Armagnac Cordovan. Also know as Cognac Cordovan, before it was renamed by Horween.
Carmina-973-Cognac-Cordovan_d4928e78-670a-49ea-843b-99aa9b629a1a_480x480.jpg

Dark Cognac Cordovan. Quite possibly an accidental darker shade of Cognac Cordovan. Now it's supposedly just called Cognac Cordovan. Featured below is the Löf & Tung Scott in Dark Cognac.
Lof-_-Tung-Scott-15292-Dark-Cognac-Horween-Cordovan-S-Last-1_480x480.jpg

Mahogany Cordovan. Longwing by Enzo Bonafè.
3934_Mahogany_Cordovan_363_mod._Last_2_480x480.jpg

Cigar Cordovan. Exclusive to Alden. Picture inserted from URL, not Skoaktiebolaget property.
Alden-Cigar-Shell-Cordovan-Semi-Brogue-Balmoral-6_480x480.png

Black Cordovan. Classic derby from Carmina Shoemaker.
Carmina_748_Black_Cordovan_Oscar_Last_476a8855-4063-4745-a03e-2421b99869c9_480x480.jpg

Dark Green Cordovan. MTO from Skoaktiebolaget / Carmina.
Carmina_730_Verde_Cordovan_Forest_Last_a1aa3848-0ead-4816-ad03-14b419a3a50e_480x480.jpg

Navy Cordovan. Shown here on a Carmina MTO double monk from Skoaktiebolaget.
Carmina-10003-Double-Monk-Navy-Cordovan_c8fc51a5-f961-4f74-9577-e20f078b84e5_480x480.jpg

Gunmetal Cordovan. Quite an obscure color that you seldom see. Picture by Rider Boot Co.
18-nov-10-013.jpg

Intense Blue Cordovan. Another rare color that you seldom see. Picture by Viberg Boots.
SB-Intense-Blue-Shell-j-7_480x480.png

Ravello Cordovan. Might be the most coveted of all colors. Extremely rare. And extremely beautiful. Picture not by Skoaktiebolaget, found on the web.
tumblr_p87lcf7Gos1xo7wlto1_1280.jpg

Ultraviolet Cordovan. Rare for a good reason. Picture by AA Crack.
Capture_9ec339f1-f831-4a9a-973d-0de276a1492d_480x480.png

Added to these plain color options are also a few printed options. More on that another time! All pictures copyright Skoaktiebolaget unless otherwise stated.

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Article copied from our website. Let me know if you have any feedback. There's a lot of confusion in regards of the Horween colors in general. Sometimes the info I have received from Horween themselves contradicts, so it's not that easy! :)

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cannot find any Saphir creme on your website, but can you tell me what colour I should use for my country calf Clarks?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I cannot find any Saphir creme on your website, but can you tell me what colour I should use for my country calf Clarks?

Unfortunately we can't ship creams outside of Europe as it's classed as flammable.

I'd use the "medium brown" one.

Meyboom

Reaction score
Today we are having a look at some Horween Cordovan colors. There are a few makers of Shell Cordovan but none are as famous as Horween (Chicago). At Skoaktiebolaget we have always exclusively used Horween Cordovan.

Enzo-Bonafe-1968-Col.-8-Cordovan-946-Last-1_480x480.jpg

I've had the pleasure to meet both Skip Horween and Nick Horween at different leather fairs and they are both very pleasant people to deal with. Cordovan is notoriously difficult to color and thus you will see tons of variations of the different color options. Don't be surprised of there are some variations even on the same pair of shoes. Clients need to understand that this is a very natural type of leather that has both some natural occurring scuffs and differences in hues.

Enzo-Bonafe-3824-m-Dk-Brown-Cordovan-74945-Last-2_480x480.jpg

Nick Horween:
"Since the shell cordovan tanning process takes at least 6 months, there are many different steps that ultimately effect the final color (mostly the natural materials and extracts that we use, as they constantly vary themselves). We do our absolute best to match colors, and we even pick shells that have the proper character when we produce lighter colors."

Color 2 Cordovan. Also know as Garnet Cordovan. Also known as Ruby Cordovan. Shown here is the Löf & Tung Abreau in Garnet Cordovan. Picture from the very first LT GMTO ever produced.
Lof-_-Tung-Abreau-15706-Horween_Cordovan_Color_2_S_loafer_Last_1_480x480.png

Color 4 Cordovan. This is hard to produce, according to Nick Horween, and thus quite rare. Picture inserted from URL, not Skoaktiebolaget property.
zeb-shoes-wholecut-shell-cordovan-color-4-slippers-with-black-selvedge-denim-water-resistant-cream-shoe-polish-front-toe-pointed_large.png

Color 6 Cordovan. We have never actually made a pair of shoes in this. Very rare. Picture inserted from URL, not Skoaktiebolaget property.
all-the-colors-of-the-shell-cordovan-rainbow.jpg

Color 8 Cordovan. Also know as Burgundy Cordovan. Enzo Bonafé Penny Loafer. Usually in stock at Skoaktiebolaget.
Enzo-Bonafe-645-cordovan-color-8-Last-74945-1_480x480.jpg

Natural Cordovan. Possibly what Carmina Shoemaker calls Saddle Cordovan.
80152-Detroit-Saddle-Cordovan-MTO_aa151365-df0d-4b46-9baa-78958dab604f_480x480.jpg

Amaretto Cordovan. Picture inserted from URL, not Skoaktiebolaget property.
P4030119.jpg

Armagnac Cordovan. Also know as Cognac Cordovan, before it was renamed by Horween.
Carmina-973-Cognac-Cordovan_d4928e78-670a-49ea-843b-99aa9b629a1a_480x480.jpg

Dark Cognac Cordovan. Quite possibly an accidental darker shade of Cognac Cordovan. Now it's supposedly just called Cognac Cordovan. Featured below is the Löf & Tung Scott in Dark Cognac.
Lof-_-Tung-Scott-15292-Dark-Cognac-Horween-Cordovan-S-Last-1_480x480.jpg

Mahogany Cordovan. Longwing by Enzo Bonafè.
3934_Mahogany_Cordovan_363_mod._Last_2_480x480.jpg

Cigar Cordovan. Exclusive to Alden. Picture inserted from URL, not Skoaktiebolaget property.
Alden-Cigar-Shell-Cordovan-Semi-Brogue-Balmoral-6_480x480.png

Black Cordovan. Classic derby from Carmina Shoemaker.
Carmina_748_Black_Cordovan_Oscar_Last_476a8855-4063-4745-a03e-2421b99869c9_480x480.jpg

Dark Green Cordovan. MTO from Skoaktiebolaget / Carmina.
Carmina_730_Verde_Cordovan_Forest_Last_a1aa3848-0ead-4816-ad03-14b419a3a50e_480x480.jpg

Navy Cordovan. Shown here on a Carmina MTO double monk from Skoaktiebolaget.
Carmina-10003-Double-Monk-Navy-Cordovan_c8fc51a5-f961-4f74-9577-e20f078b84e5_480x480.jpg

Gunmetal Cordovan. Quite an obscure color that you seldom see. Picture by Rider Boot Co.
18-nov-10-013.jpg

Intense Blue Cordovan. Another rare color that you seldom see. Picture by Viberg Boots.
SB-Intense-Blue-Shell-j-7_480x480.png

Ravello Cordovan. Might be the most coveted of all colors. Extremely rare. And extremely beautiful. Picture not by Skoaktiebolaget, found on the web.
tumblr_p87lcf7Gos1xo7wlto1_1280.jpg

Ultraviolet Cordovan. Rare for a good reason. Picture by AA Crack.
Capture_9ec339f1-f831-4a9a-973d-0de276a1492d_480x480.png

Added to these plain color options are also a few printed options. More on that another time! All pictures copyright Skoaktiebolaget unless otherwise stated.
Thank you for the overview. Is Bourbon cordovan the same as Color 4?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What colours are available from L&T @Leaves? I can wait for a while if it takes time to source.

In stock I have Color 8.

I can source Black and Green. There’s also some Armagnac but I try to avoid it as its color is all over the place and usually very hard to work with. Hard to match the panels.

Beav

Reaction score
In stock I have Color 8.

I can source Black and Green. There’s also some Armagnac but I try to avoid it as its color is all over the place and usually very hard to work with. Hard to match the panels.
I'd love to have green as an option!

I dont know if others feel like this... but I love Armagnac-like colors, and have shoes like this that have slightly different shades between the panels and kind of like it. I see it as just part of the charm of the shoes. I can appreciate not wanting to sell shoes with this characteristic as some people buying them might not appreciate panels that are not perfectly matched.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
New addition to the Danny line up.

Löf-&-Tung-16421_Danny_Sportif_Loden_Suede_Sneaker_Last_1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads