• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Unfortunately I experienced the opposite, sent a PM here and a message on FB without any reply, yet made an order on Sun and still waiting (EU location).

Sorry to hear that. The SF chat function you have chosen to message me through is super buggy on my phone and I wish that’s something that could be switched off because I don’t use it. I try to funnel all sizing requests through [email protected] as Styleforum is in no way, and probably never will be, integrated to any type of customer service app. It’s a discussion board more than a customer service platform.

Facebook message should work as it’s integrated with our customer service system but email [email protected] for any fitting advice for speedy service.

If we have not emailed back in about 24 h during our business hours, chances are the message has been caught up in a spam filter somewhere. My staff is usually very responsive but sometimes things get stuck along the way and that’s usually out of our control.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Leaves what kind of insoles do you use in your L&T shoes and boots? They feel cushioned. Is there some padding inside and if so, what kind of material is the padding made of?

And do they have a thick leather insole like the L&T shoes and boots used to have a few years back (just plain thick leather) or is it a thin leather liner on top of the padding material?

@Leaves , can you share some insight regarding my questions above? Thanks!

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Leaves , can you share some insight regarding my questions above? Thanks!

The insoles are the same but we added a padding we call “comfort soles”. At first we used these on loafers only but as the feedback on the comfort was overwhelmingly positive we decided to add it to all our shoes over a year ago. What I love about them is that they add comfort but it still very much feel like a GYW shoe and the padding is not “squishy” like some hybrid attempts I’ve tried out before from other makers.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I get what you mean, and concur. But for what it's worth, it's not uncommon for me to travel with three pair and to carry trees for all. Or at least one set of wood trees and the rest plastic. But really, I don't sweat the weight of the trees, usually, if it's a decent sized trip. A trip of one or two days would of course be another story.

But yes, I also wouldn't sweat wearing the shoes consecutive days on such a trip. I think you make a great point about the 'durability savings' having diminishing returns.

And I suppose, the more I think about it, aren't you actually trying to break the shoes down, when it comes to it, in the break-in period? Maybe not wearing them on consecutive days in the break-in period is counterproductive after all!

I was meticulous with rotating my shoes a few years back and also always travelled with multiple pairs of shoes but these days I always travel very light weight and usually only bring a single pair on business trips. Usually a lazy man’s Oxford. I do have the privilege, like many people on this forum and it has been pointed out already, to own more shoes than I will ever wear out in my lifetime even if tried hard. Hopefully one of my boys will have the same size as me or there’s gonna be a lot of high quality footwear in UK 11.5 going to waste when I croak.

As for shoe trees I don’t use them when I travel. I stuff underwear in my shoes (in a plastic bag of cours)instead of shoes trees. Works as a short term solution and to save weight.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The insoles are the same but we added a padding we call “comfort soles”. At first we used these on loafers only but as the feedback on the comfort was overwhelmingly positive we decided to add it to all our shoes over a year ago. What I love about them is that they add comfort but it still very much feel like a GYW shoe and the padding is not “squishy” like some hybrid attempts I’ve tried out before from other makers.

Thanks for clarifying. I wore the Clark boots today and they are indeed very comfortable.

So there is still a thick leather insole and the padding is added on top of that and on top of the padding is a thin leather liner?

Also, does the padding affect breathability in your experience since it is probably made of a synthetic material?

20201206_113706.jpg
20201206_113719.jpg

Last edited:

djdanniedee

Reaction score
Adding to this, I also think that majority of us are better at taking care of our shoes than the general public. We know to put shoe trees in after wearing , have a rotation of shoes so they don't get worn on consecutive days etc.... A few days or a week of travel with the same shoe without the same care isn't going to destoey the shoes. As delicate as these shoes are, they're still built to an amazing quality, they're not gonna fall apart just BC they've been worn for a few days and not shoe treed.

I was meticulous with rotating my shoes a few years back and also always travelled with multiple pairs of shoes but these days I always travel very light weight and usually only bring a single pair on business trips. Usually a lazy man’s Oxford. I do have the privilege, like many people on this forum and it has been pointed out already, to own more shoes than I will ever wear out in my lifetime even if tried hard. Hopefully one of my boys will have the same size as me or there’s gonna be a lot of high quality footwear in UK 11.5 going to waste when I croak.

As for shoe trees I don’t use them when I travel. I stuff underwear in my shoes (in a plastic bag of cours)instead of shoes trees. Works as a short term solution and to save weight.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any personal experience with L&T S last sizing in comparison the Bonafe 74945 last?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads