• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jazzthief

Reaction score
150 cm is a very reasonable length for ties. If you also look at E.G. Cappelli, all their ties are 150 cm as standard. All the ties available at Skoaktiebolaget are made especially for us in small batches where we can decide length and width ourselves but in most cases we opt for the maker's standard measurements.

Thank you for your reply and I am sorry if I came across obtuse! English is not my first language! Yes, 150 cm is one of the standard lenghts and I had no problems with it before when I wore lower rise trousers - I was simply speaking from my experience. It is also great to hear that you have built yourselves up to such a degree that you can request personalised batches from artisans like Tie Your Tie.

You have a fantastic site - and even though I have not ordered anything from it yet, I certainly have been eyeing several products from it. Related to this, something have caught my eye. Namely, the Burgol creams and waxes have been pretty much out of stock for almost a year (a bit of an exaggeration) now. This begs the question: are there any plans to refill these types of shoe care products or not? It would be greatly helpful for when I finally seal the bag on a pair of black Löf & Tung oxfords as it would be easier to order matching shoe care products in one go.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply and I am sorry if I came across obtuse! English is not my first language! Yes, 150 cm is one of the standard lenghts and I had no problems with it before when I wore lower rise trousers - I was simply speaking from my experience. It is also great to hear that you have built yourselves up to such a degree that you can request personalised batches from artisans like Tie Your Tie.

You have a fantastic site - and even though I have not ordered anything from it yet, I certainly have been eyeing several products from it. Related to this, something have caught my eye. Namely, the Burgol creams and waxes have been pretty much out of stock for almost a year (a bit of an exaggeration) now. This begs the question: are there any plans to refill these types of shoe care products or not? It would be greatly helpful for when I finally seal the bag on a pair of black Löf & Tung oxfords as it would be easier to order matching shoe care products in one go.

Burgol is a brand that has been discontinued. The brand was hijacked by an infamous company that has the business model to register known brand's logos under EU Copyright law, thus claiming the brand for themselves. It could be claimed that these companies, that were careless enough not to register their brands under EU law, could suit themselves but it's a crappy thing to do to anyone and a ****** business model, if you ask me. This company, that I won't mention the name of, did this with Burgol to name one, and tried but did not succeed with Abbeyhorn. The "real Burgol" is now named Siegol and is made by the family owned Swiss company that used to make Burgol before the brand name and logo was hijacked by the brand pirate.

And thank you for your kind words.

The reason we do not carry a lot of shoe care online anymore, is that the flammable goods legislation has made exporting these goods outside of Europe ridiculously difficult.

TheIronDandy

Reaction score
At around 00.00 CET today.

The website seems to be in a teasing mood today, it's showing lots of "black Friday limited time offer" labels, no actual offers on the products page.

The excitement is killing me!

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Enjoy Black Friday!

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Anyone know if the antibes unlined loafers on the S last would fit the same as other models on the S last? I've had some experiences with other brands where loafers fit a lot differently.

stro

Reaction score
i can't speak to that specific question, and i know the shop always encourages (and promptly responds to) sizing inquiries by email, but i think the comparisons on this page might be helpful to you: https://www.skoaktiebolaget.com/pages/last-comparisons

delighted with my haul today. nothing left to do but see how they fit! and maybe ogle another pair or seven...

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The BF sale is fire! Currently in the car trying to negotiate with the wife to let me buy a pair... She has asked that this be my last pair of dress shoes ever :eek::eek:
Pulled the trigger on th EB stingrays that I'd be eyeing for the longest time.
Wife is definitely not happy.
To be fair, that is one hell of a pair to be the one that ends it all ;)

Pulled the trigger and bought my first pair of Löf & Tung. I got the Clark with shearling lining, so come at me, Kung Bore with your northern winds of cold!

Wertheimer

Reaction score
Man if the EB ostrich leather button boots were available in my size, I reckon I would have to pull the trigger. Those are an incredible deal at that price. It's also great that there are some STC on the sale -- some good prices for those as well. The bronze goat derby looks like a beautiful shoe, as well as the chukka. The last that STC used for that chukka really makes it stand out -- it has a really elegant, distinctive shape.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads