• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your kind words.

Speaking of Toronto (Leatherfoot), my son and the kids at the local hockey rink had a bit of a surprise when this fella showed up at a minor league game, visiting an old friend. His brother Alexander was there too (Chicago Blackhawks). For anyone not familiar with ice hockey, it's like Kyrie Irving and James Harden showing up at your neighbourhood ball court.

View attachment 1485764
Those little Leaf fans are a delight...

In their defense, I'm a life-long Wings fan, and I couldn't stand Andreas Lilja either.

1603998891908.jpeg

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Folks for those who wonder about Forest and Sons fitting. I just took delivery of a pair of shoes on 05 last and Forest and Sons in my expereince fits half a size from US size. Forest and Sons fitting is more like GG and EG.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm in if we hold until December, though no worries if that delay is of little interest.
I'm fine with starting things a bit late. I believe they usually leave them up for a month anyways. @Leaves would this make 4 for it? If the GMTO goes up sometime in November the window of orders would go into December right?

I don’t mind. It’s not like I get to wear them before April in Sweden anyway. Usually we have snow or slush up until Easter.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t mind. It’s not like I get to wear them before April in Sweden anyway. Usually we have snow or slush up until Easter.
I certainly could, though no urgency on my end. I’ve perfected the mullet work look. Jacket and tie (strictly during video calls) up top. Shorts and Chuck Taylors down low :crackup:

Edit: can we get toe taps? Or is that something that can be an individual choice for each buyer?

Last edited:

dangerous

Reaction score
20201030_133457.jpg

Out in the forest; a national park in Lidingö.

I figured my two tone Enzo Bonafe would act as camouflage for my feet in case of snakes... There were no snakes, but it was real nice.

I keep falling in love with then every time i wear them. They work very well with denim.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@tdes81 or @Leaves if I normally get an instep reduction for my EB boots, would you recommend the same in a loafer? Trying to understand how style changes things even if on the same last.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@tdes81 or @Leaves if I normally get an instep reduction for my EB boots, would you recommend the same in a loafer? Trying to understand how style changes things even if on the same last.

It's funny. While I have like 10 pairs of EB, I don't have pair of loafers from them yet so I don't know. I would imagine the instep between a shoe/boot would be the same though?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's funny. While I have like 10 pairs of EB, I don't have pair of loafers from them yet so I don't know. I would imagine the instep between a shoe/boot would be the same though?
I would think so too, but loafer fitting is always tricky. There is more wiggle room with laced boots. For instance my stock Jodhpur on the 804 last, fits well in the instep with no adjustment needed. 804 and 74945 have the same instep measurements, which was the whole reason for my initial query

dangerous

Reaction score
I would think so too, but loafer fitting is always tricky. There is more wiggle room with laced boots. For instance my stock Jodhpur on the 804 last, fits well in the instep with no adjustment needed. 804 and 74945 have the same instep measurements, which was the whole reason for my initial query

My 74945 jodphur fits different from my double monk chukka and my shell Hunter boots in .5 larger have a way higher instep

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

But they have different length measurements, which throws things off I think. I have always found the instep a bit tighter in a same size 74945 shoe in comparison to 804. I have a pair of 74945 loafers and went up to a 9.5 instead of my usual 9 and was generally happy with the result. I don’t think I could have done a 9. Anyway, I agree that loafers are tough. That’s for sure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads