• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This will give people a rough idea. Although to be honest, the result will be a lot nicer IRL. This was just a quick Photoshop job. Everyone ok with the other specs?

View attachment 1485013

Nice!

Out of sheer curiosity, your quote said baby alligator. Is that what gets used for details on shoes versus full grown gator? When we talk gator we are talking American Alligator instead of Caiman right?

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two Qs:
1. How married are y’all to the last?
2. Regardless of 1, I could probably be pushed into opting in, though I’d prefer pushing the “official” start of the order wait until December. I’m in zero rush to wear “dress” shoes, and my F around funds are already allocated for November. Another last might push me into the buy regardless, but I’d probably opt to keep ky powder dry otherwise, at least for the month.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two Qs:
1. How married are y’all to the last?
2. Regardless of 1, I could probably be pushed into opting in, though I’d prefer pushing the “official” start of the order wait until December. I’m in zero rush to wear “dress” shoes, and my F around funds are already allocated for November. Another last might push me into the buy regardless, but I’d probably opt to keep ky powder dry otherwise, at least for the month.

Pretty married on the last. I believe Leaves said he'd just be in if it was 74945, and I don't particularly want a different last either. The 74945 is really lovely, and the japanese waist will make it even better.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Nice!

Out of sheer curiosity, your quote said baby alligator. Is that what gets used for details on shoes versus full grown gator? When we talk gator we are talking American Alligator instead of Caiman right?

It's the term Bonafé uses for alligator (all alligators used by GG, StC, etc are young/baby alligators it's just that they don't write that out). Full grown alligators get a lot of scuffs and scars 'cause they fight a lot in their pits. So they are not well suited for making fine luxury items.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, if y'all can be persuaded to hold on submitting the GMTO until December, then I'm in. Don't want to overshoot my frivolous funds wad for this month unless it's on something I MUST have. The same makeup on the 946 would likely be that, at least for me.
But, 74945 will suffice, if the virtue of patience* can be extolled :cool:
*my patience is certainly bolstered by the likelihood of not returning to "real" office attire until at least spring '21

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
True story. An old client sent us an email today. Asking for the style name for this EG pair (as he is listing them on eBay). He had emailed Edward Green and asked them first but they had told him that they could not find the style in their archives so it was most likely not made by them, obviously worrying the client a bit. It took me all but 6 seconds to Google it myself as I could not recall the style off the bat; Harrogate. Any more questions about your EG styles feel free to email us. Just kidding.
:hide:

Skärmavbild 2020-10-27 kl. 16.10.42.png

djdanniedee

Reaction score
Adding to what you had posted on the GG thread on retailers and manufacturers. Majority of my Carmina purchases were from Leatherfoot (local store, now RIP) and Skoak, ever since LF closed up and Skoak stopped stocking them I haven't bought a pair since. I have tho since, bought 3 pairs of Lof and Tung.

Even tho both Carmina and Skoak are overseas to me, I just have such great experiences and comfort with Skoak that I have no qualms that they will always do the customer right, but with Carmina on their own I have less so.

True story. An old client sent us an email today. Asking for the style name for this EG pair (as he is listing them on eBay). He had emailed Edward Green and asked them first but they had told him that they could not find the style in their archives so it was most likely not made by them, obviously worrying the client a bit. It took me all but 6 seconds to Google it myself as I could not recall the style off the bat; Harrogate. Any more questions about your EG styles feel free to email us. Just kidding.
:hide:

View attachment 1485545

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Adding to what you had posted on the GG thread on retailers and manufacturers. Majority of my Carmina purchases were from Leatherfoot (local store, now RIP) and Skoak, ever since LF closed up and Skoak stopped stocking them I haven't bought a pair since. I have tho since, bought 3 pairs of Lof and Tung.

Even tho both Carmina and Skoak are overseas to me, I just have such great experiences and comfort with Skoak that I have no qualms that they will always do the customer right, but with Carmina on their own I have less so.

Thank you for your kind words.

Speaking of Toronto (Leatherfoot), my son and the kids at the local hockey rink had a bit of a surprise when this fella showed up at a minor league game, visiting an old friend. His brother Alexander was there too (Chicago Blackhawks). For anyone not familiar with ice hockey, it's like Kyrie Irving and James Harden showing up at your neighbourhood ball court.

1375dc6e-1508-42f8-b00b-bd9693aa6efe.JPG

dangerous

Reaction score
Impressive; I bet you have a few Toronto fans for life now as kids, joining the steps of the kids born in the 60s and 70s loving Salming, and 80s and 90s loving Sundin...

Strong tradition of Leaves in Sweden. No pun intended.

Cuebert

Reaction score
Has anybody received their Enzo Bonafe Norvegese Derbys in Dark Brown Grain yet and can post a picture of them in the wild?

I was too late to the game, but I think they are absolutely beautiful. Eagerly waiting for the EB Norvegese Boots to launch.

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wXQpfoa.jpg

Another lovely GMTO from Skoak, I think one of the last ones they did with G&G. So glad boot season is finally here. :)

Also, it sounds like we still need one more for the black croc strap loafers? Let's get those going!
I'm in if we hold until December, though no worries if that delay is of little interest.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in if we hold until December, though no worries if that delay is of little interest.

I'm fine with starting things a bit late. I believe they usually leave them up for a month anyways. @Leaves would this make 4 for it? If the GMTO goes up sometime in November the window of orders would go into December right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads