• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dangerous

Reaction score
Do you take 05 and 74945 in the same size?

No. I have most of my pairs in 9.5 of the 74945, but I kind of regret doing it. The instep is too high in the 10 but needs a bit of stretching to be as comfortable in width.

05 fit just perfect all around. Slightly lower instep than the 74945, but otherwise quite close imo!

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you wanted to make a really badass Enzo jumper, you could go with bison nubuck (which I believe is available for EB, at least I think @dangerous told me that):

452ce308-e68c-4045-b2f7-d98b68e7644f-png.1418335

That would be too bold for my taste and a bold man, I am not.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ok now I understand what you are talking about. I have a pair of seamless brown captoes with a Japanese waist. It’s sleek and I’d be fine with that. Just wasn’t sure what you were talking about.

So it sounds like all folks can be happy with the 74945 last. I’m fine with either waist option.

Guess we need to settle on the model.;)

@Leaves do you like the full strap or the standard penny?

For this style I would prefer the full strap as I think the alligator detail will really pop.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For this style I would prefer the full strap as I think the alligator detail will really pop.

That’s fine by me. Sounds like we have 3 in agreement on model and last.

Have feelings on the waist (Japanese waist versus the handwelted waist with rounded edges and fiddleback)?

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have feelings on the waist (Japanese waist versus the handwelted waist with rounded edges and fiddleback)?

I'm fine either way. Japanese would make it a bit sleeker and maybe a little lighter. But the round handwelted waist might be a bit more durable in the long run. Maybe leave it up to leaves. :)

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Either waist is fine with me.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Either waist is fine with me.

How about we try the Japanese waist then? I think it really gives EB's shoes a very nice shape. And @CLTesquire had mentioned that the full strap widens the look of the shoe a bit, and I think this could help with that.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about we try the Japanese waist then? I think it really gives EB's shoes a very nice shape. And @CLTesquire had mentioned that the full strap widens the look of the shoe a bit, and I think this could help with that.

Works for me.

So we have a Bonafe black full strap loafer like this:

https://www.styleforum.net/attachments/20200330_135227-jpg.1363345/
1603561798467.png

- 74945 last
- handwelted construction with Japanese (Blake stitch) waist
- black calf with black gator or croc strap
- black leather sole

3 are confirmed.

@ericgereghty is ruminating

@jischwar wants in but doesn’t know it yet

Others?

@Leaves can we get a price check on this loafer?

Last edited:

dangerous

Reaction score
I just want to chime in that it was my idea to pull a croc strap; my jodhpurs inspired @tdes81...

The thing I really wanted to post is that I'm always amazed by the staff when I visit Skoaktiebolaget - and @Leaves knows this - but damn.

Daniel Wegan visiting is such a great thing. He's an amazing character that taught me a lot about bespoke shoemaking and it's just really interesting to have these trunk shows... More of them!

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just want to chime in that it was my idea to pull a croc strap; my jodhpurs inspired @tdes81...

The thing I really wanted to post is that I'm always amazed by the staff when I visit Skoaktiebolaget - and @Leaves knows this - but damn.

Daniel Wegan visiting is such a great thing. He's an amazing character that taught me a lot about bespoke shoemaking and it's just really interesting to have these trunk shows... More of them!

I was wondering when you'd jump in. :) You know you want a pair too! You definitely were the inspiration for getting a croc strap loafer in my mind, and with some people already interested in a sleek black loafer it seemed perfect.

I really need to visit Skoaktiebolaget in person some day. Even better if it could align with a great trunk show.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Works for me.

So we have a Bonafe black full strap loafer like this:

https://www.styleforum.net/attachments/20200330_135227-jpg.1363345/ View attachment 1483522

- 74945 last
- handwelted construction with Japanese (Blake stitch) waist
- black calf with black gator or croc strap
- black leather sole

3 are confirmed.

@ericgereghty is ruminating

@jischwar wants in but doesn’t know it yet

Others?

@Leaves can we get a price check on this loafer?

Yes I have emailed Bonafé asking for a quote.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I have emailed Bonafé asking for a quote.

Awesome, when that comes in I'll spread the word over on reddit too. Maybe snag a few more. :) This will be quite the lovely makeup. A bit of a power loafer I'd think.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Awesome, when that comes in I'll spread the word over on reddit too. Maybe snag a few more. :) This will be quite the lovely makeup. A bit of a power loafer I'd think.

The price break down for the 3978MOD fullstrap loafer, Black Calf w. Black Alligator strap is:

Hand welted loafer €500
Baby Alligator surcharge for strap €150
GMTO (min 4 pairs) €650 ex VAT (€812.50 including VAT for EU clients)

Last: 74945
Construction: "Japanese" (hand welted with Blake stitched waist)
Sole: Single leather

Enzo-Bonafe-3978-Cordovan-Mahogany-Last-74945-2.jpg

Top view of the 74945 last
Enzo-Bonafe-3978-Cordovan-Mahogany-Last-74945-4.jpg

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The price break down for the 3978MOD fullstrap loafer, Black Calf w. Black Alligator strap is:

Hand welted loafer €500
Baby Alligator surcharge for strap €150
GMTO (min 4 pairs) €650 ex VAT (€812.50 including VAT for EU clients)

Last: 74945
Construction: "Japanese" (hand welted with Blake stitched waist)
Sole: Single leather

Enzo-Bonafe-3978-Cordovan-Mahogany-Last-74945-2.jpg

Top view of the 74945 last
Enzo-Bonafe-3978-Cordovan-Mahogany-Last-74945-4.jpg

Thanks @Leaves

Seems like we have 3 and need a fourth. Who's in???

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads