• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trakl

Reaction score
I'll throw a make up in that I was thinking of going single MTO with, but can go with as a GMTO since I know @tdes81 would most likely be in on it.

It's this monkey boot without speed hooks and the red heel cup.

ljOYXzj.jpg

Model: 3853
Last: 173
Leather: Betis Castagna (?)
Chain stitch norvegese
Commando sole
All eyelets
Is this the same model (in a different leather and without norvegese)?
Do you have any price info?
1602919990495.png

dangerous

Reaction score
Is this the same model (in a different leather and without norvegese)?
Do you have any price info?

Yep, that's the same. The last makes a massive difference in how they appear, and I think 173 is the way to go.

Enzo Bonafe 3853 Vitello Meleze 173 Last.jpg
Enzo-Bonafe-3853-Vitello-Etrusco-363-mod-Last-1.jpg

173 vs 363mod.

I could see myself doing something fun with the top piece being in a suede or something, but that would just make it worse I think.

If I'm not wrong @Leaves - these classify as boots and are €750 with VAT, and €600 without.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yep, that's the same. The last makes a massive difference in how they appear, and I think 173 is the way to go.

View attachment 1478787 View attachment 1478788

173 vs 363mod.

I could see myself doing something fun with the top piece being in a suede or something, but that would just make it worse I think.

If I'm not wrong @Leaves - these classify as boots and are €750 with VAT, and €600 without.

That is indeed correct. That includes the surcharge for Norvegese.

dangerous

Reaction score
I have gotten a fair bit of interest, @Leaves, but some questions about instep and the like.

I told them to email Olof about sizing, but I'm curious about modifying widths and instep. Do-able on GMTO?

How about the extra arch support that I always get in single MTO? The extended heel stiffener ...

dangerous

Reaction score
Qh2jQL0.jpg

The Foster & Son last 05 is a perfect fit; there's a bit of heel slip, but I don't lace them as close as I probably could. The slip will go away with wear and when the cork gets some wear.

Absolutely beautiful. Amazing welt joints. There's nothing that's not perfect with them; a clear step above Enzo Bonafé, and on par with St.C. Worth keeping in mind is that they are from their high-end line, which is about twice the cost of EB.

I'm so amazed by the way the leather looks; the grain is so incredibly tight.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Aunty Ella just came by and dropped these off.

DSC_2457.jpg
DSC_2571.jpg
DSC_2617.jpg

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have gotten a fair bit of interest, @Leaves, but some questions about instep and the like.

I told them to email Olof about sizing, but I'm curious about modifying widths and instep. Do-able on GMTO?

How about the extra arch support that I always get in single MTO? The extended heel stiffener ...

A GMTO has limitations. Thus the lower price. ? Basically all pairs need to be the same. Except sizes. Also if we get a lot of interest then we can add widths.

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw the latest updates about the Foster and Son situation over at the Shoegazing blog. https://shoegazing.com/2020/10/12/news-the-end-of-foster-son/

Seems that Foster is indicating that they are not in as bad of a situation as we were fearing. At least they have indicated that their Jermyn Street shop isn’t going anywhere, nor is their bespoke business, and they say the factory is only temporarily closed while they find some new partners.

Not sure how this may impact the future offering possibilities for Skoaktiebolaget continuing to sell these shoes, but glad to hear that the heritage maker may not be about to disappear after all.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I saw the latest updates about the Foster and Son situation over at the Shoegazing blog. https://shoegazing.com/2020/10/12/news-the-end-of-foster-son/

Seems that Foster is indicating that they are not in as bad of a situation as we were fearing. At least they have indicated that their Jermyn Street shop isn’t going anywhere, nor is their bespoke business, and they say the factory is only temporarily closed while they find some new partners.

Not sure how this may impact the future offering possibilities for Skoaktiebolaget continuing to sell these shoes, but glad to hear that the heritage maker may not be about to disappear after all.

I do hope they get through this. I’m sure the bespoke part at least, will in some way keep going.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads