• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hkoldguy

Reaction score
H
I should clarify; in my personal opinion they are (were) the best UK RTW option in the premium segment. You get a shoe that in many regards, in terms of looks, finish and feel, surpasses brands making RTW in a higher price point. As for long term durability and quality I honestly can’t say as I’ve worn my F&S very little (our order came in just about as the pandemic hit and I have not been wearing a lot of dress shoes). There’s something very G&G over the finish and build, but with a bit more conservative aesthetic.
how about something from the East?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Have you considered Zonkey Boot? Never tried them, but I find their models interesting. I think that they could profit from a competent retailer.

And please please bring back more Bonafe models.... I understand the logic of developing your own brand, but Skoaktiebolaget is looking like L&T monobrand store lately....

I would love to stock more Enzo Bonafé styles. It's one of my favourite brands. But I have to follow consumer demands. There's a failing demand for €500+ shoes these days. There's a failing demand for any type of welted shoe overall, at the moment.

I'm not sure I agree that we are starting to look like a L&T mono brand store. Seven out of 15 styles released lately has been non-L&T. It's not like I don't want to sell more of StC and EB but the current mindset of people is not helping. People are cautious overall and there's a sale everywhere you look.

I definitely need more support in the GMTO section. People commit on SF to get in on a GMTO and then they never send in their order. That's an issue of course. But I do agree more of an effort can be made towards GMTOs, on my part. Truth be told, it's a stressful time being a parent at this point in time as we have to keep the kids at home from school / kindergarten at the slightest sign of a cold. Having a two year old running around like a wild monkey on speed at home does nothing to improve a creative working environment.

dangerous

Reaction score
I'll throw a make up in that I was thinking of going single MTO with, but can go with as a GMTO since I know @tdes81 would most likely be in on it.

It's this monkey boot without speed hooks and the red heel cup.

ljOYXzj.jpg

Model: 3853
Last: 173
Leather: Betis Castagna (?)
Chain stitch norvegese
Commando sole
All eyelets

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll throw a make up in that I was thinking of going single MTO with, but can go with as a GMTO since I know @tdes81 would most likely be in on it.

It's this monkey boot without speed hooks and the red heel cup.

ljOYXzj.jpg

Model: 3853
Last: 173
Leather: Betis Castagna (?)
Chain stitch norvegese
Commando sole
All eyelets
Curious where and how you use boots like these... they seem to be built more for the performance rather than style.

dangerous

Reaction score
Curious where and how you use boots like these... they seem to be built more for the performance rather than style.

I think they would work with denim and other more casual outfits; it is a really casual yet elegant style. I think it goes well with a kind of casual jeans and t-shirt outfit. I think they work for the whole fall/summer/spring time.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here bought a pair of the EB stingrays that are currently offered?

The website pictures look incredible but haven't seen anyone post about them

I don’t have these. They look cool but I couldn’t imagine a single occasion suitable for wearing this aside a Vegas absolute blowout party...what do people wear this for/with?

djdanniedee

Reaction score
I saw a pair of GG stingray wholecuts when i was in Tokyo at Isetan and they were just breathtakingly amazing! Considering this pair has the spinal blade hole i imagine it to be even better.

Not sure what i would wear it with, but don't think it even matters. lol. Should have taken advantage of the covid discount Skoak had earlier.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here’s a photo I saved on a gg stingray wholecut. I like the way EB/ Skoaktiebolaget puts the stinger spinal blade. Very eye catching. But also agree with other, one of the makeup I have no idea how to wear. Very curious to see how the owners wear them!

42120EEB-7A17-4CCF-BE31-18BE045A7302.jpeg

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here’s a photo I saved on a gg stingray wholecut. I like the way EB/ Skoaktiebolaget puts the stinger spinal blade. Very eye catching. But also agree with other, one of the makeup I have no idea how to wear. Very curious to see how the owners wear them! View attachment 1478522

A stingray shoe has the very same function as a power tie. Not that anyone wears ties anymore but you get the idea.

Just joking. I wore a tie last week. I’m biased of course but you guys need to check out Tie Your Tie. Try it and tell my you regretted buying them and I’ll get you a Negroni in the house.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A stingray shoe has the very same function as a power tie. Not that anyone wears ties anymore but you get the idea.

Just joking. I wore a tie last week. I’m biased of course but you guys need to check out Tie Your Tie. Try it and tell my you regretted buying them and I’ll get you a Negroni in the house.
Ha ha, you got me on the joke.

I do like found some of your offering super outstanding, such as the stingray oxford and the Ostrish Button Boots. I figure even just displaying them at home would give me a great pleasure. (That's what I did to my Stc Pony Leather Loafers anyway, lol)

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Catella Shoemaker Trunk Show at Skoaktiebolaget October 23-24

Daniel Wegan (formerly G&G bespoke and World Champion in Shoemaking 2019) started up his own business last year. He’s in Stockholm for the first time in a while and I am pleased he is dropping by us Friday - Saturday for a Trunk Show event. Email [email protected] for an appointment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads