• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cattitude

Reaction score
A handwelted loafer in Etrusco would be tempting, especially style 645 (like the Color 8 cordovan model currently for sale) on the 74945 last.

That sounds good, I would be interested in that. I have done a couple loafer MTOs on the 645, but with the 804 last. Not sure what you think about that. Here is an example.

1594087959740.jpeg

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sounds good, I would be interested in that. I have done a couple loafer MTOs on the 645, but with the 804 last. Not sure what you think about that. Here is an example.

View attachment 1419560

804 is actually my preferred Bonafe last but I’ve not seen top down pics of loafers. My only concern is it’s a touch pointy for a loafer and 74945 is a touch rounder.

Ultimately I’m fine with either last. I’m even fine with Etrusco or Bolet calf. I just have no interest in any other construction method than handwelted and am pretty married to the style 645. If we can find other folks I’ll join in.

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1419560
I am also interested in participating either in gmto or mto loafers. Can you provide us with some EB mto live pictures? This would be very helpfull.

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This loafer in Museum calf on 804 last also look quite nice.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200618-194132_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200618-194132_Chrome.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

cattitude

Reaction score
OK, I’ll post pictures tomorrow of some 804 loafer examples. If anyone wants to do a GMTO, Etrusco calf, 645 model last TBD, handwelted, let me know and I’ll move it to a private chat so as to not clog the forum.

EUtroll

Reaction score
Or we can try to organize some conservative GMTO. Enzo Bonafé - Burgundy Beauty anyone?

Burgundy always makes me tempted.

For the moment I'm holding off on too formal shoes as I really don't know when, if ever, the 5x/week suit days, will return, but something more casual, such as the loafer, could be interesting. But count me out if 804 last.

EUtroll

Reaction score
OK, I’ll post pictures tomorrow of some 804 loafer examples. If anyone wants to do a GMTO, Etrusco calf, 645 model last TBD, handwelted, let me know and I’ll move it to a private chat so as to not clog the forum.
This would look great in burgundy kudu...

knappabn

Reaction score

Please include me in the chat. 90% chance I’m in depending on last/sole combo.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the general consensus to size the loafers like derbies in same lasts?

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I absolutely love that pair on the right. Maybe I'll consider ordering something like that come November although I'm definitely nervous about sizing -- L&T works for me and may have to stick to that. Right now it is boot order time IMO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads