• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like Enzo's jumper boot model would be *way* better than the one showed (which looks more like a hiking boot), but that's just me.

dangerous

Reaction score
74945, Norvegese on the commando sole as shown would be perfect.

A jumper on 74945 is quite odd though, no?

I could see it work very well on a monkey boot as well on 173 or 375. A lined chukka on 173 last for fall/winter/spring?

knappabn

Reaction score

I could see it work very well on a monkey boot as well on 173 or 375. A lined chukka on 173 last for fall/winter/spring?

You may be correct but I don’t particularly care for those lasts. I’ve tried them and they just don’t work for me.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's my hippo jumpers on the 74945 with a norvegese welt in the jumper pattern. Personally I think they're near perfection. With a similar highly textured material like that bison nubuck, I think it would look great.

hAIHf37.jpg
bPtFd80.jpg
N0KkXN3.jpg
BLn9l2n.jpg

So yeah nubuck bison (except with non-blind eyelets and/or speed hooks) on this pattern, without the captoe would be pretty awesome I think.

dangerous

Reaction score
Hippo feels quite a long way from the bison though; they do look better than I guessed though.

I'd like it all standard eyelets.
Chain norvegese 360
74945 last (or 173, 375, 363mod)

Captoe or not? I guess not since it will just break up the pattern...

I still think a chukka in it would be sick, but I guess that the leather might be too rugged to really work on anything but a boot.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hippo feels quite a long way from the bison though; they do look better than I guessed though.

I'd like it all standard eyelets.
Chain norvegese 360
74945 last (or 173, 375, 363mod)

Captoe or not? I guess not since it will just break up the pattern...

I still think a chukka in it would be sick, but I guess that the leather might be too rugged to really work on anything but a boot.

If you want some highly textured chukka inspiration:

LXi6d2h.jpg

I think the nubuck bison would look great on a 74945 chukka with a 180 norvegese welt. The above are my hippos on the 946.

lartiste

Reaction score
Please can you stick with the proposal to find out whether it can gain the support necessary for GMTO? The result of this will be that there will not be enough for neither boots, nor chukkas ... .

EUtroll

Reaction score
Also, a few pre-orders up now on Skoaktiebolagets website. Two lazy men in the new L-last, as well as a Kingsley in Utah calf...

Anyone who bought the lazy man first time around and could share their experience with fit would be very welcomed!

Same size as in a Oxford or better to size down?

cattitude

Reaction score
^that is a classic makeup. I was thinking of putting in for a MTO with the Etrusco calf, but couldn’t decide on the style. Perhaps a loafer. Any ideas for an Etrusco calf GMTO?

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^that is a classic makeup. I was thinking of putting in for a MTO with the Etrusco calf, but couldn’t decide on the style. Perhaps a loafer. Any ideas for an Etrusco calf GMTO?

A handwelted loafer in Etrusco would be tempting, especially style 645 (like the Color 8 cordovan model currently for sale) on the 74945 last.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads