• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
To be honest the recent EB gmto weren't that nice compared to the gmtos you had back then circa 2016-18, they were quite bland . Back in the day you had several gmtos that we just very popular and exclusive like the Manola Etrusco wingtip, etrusco wholecuts, Oak Tarnsjo chukkas, Gold Utah chukkas to name a few. I am not saying this might be the reason, but those gmtos were quite popular.

Yeah that’s on me. I’ve been swamped both at home and with my other businesses. I just don’t have the time it takes to conjure up all those make ups. It doesn’t take a lot of time but it takes a lot of energy. And it’s is harder now to make a GMTO that stands out ecause there are so many people doing them. Back in the day we were almost the only ones doing GMTOs.

Being one of the abovementioned gentlemen, I too miss the times when you had regular Bonafe GMTO proposals. Without those, my buying has slowed down almost to a complete stop. And who else remembers the GG Kudu madness?
Come on Patrik, give us something new and exciting :)

I was thinking of doing something in Bison Nubuck.
452CE308-E68C-4045-B2F7-D98B68E7644F.png
452CE308-E68C-4045-B2F7-D98B68E7644F.png

I believe that it was the last of the "original" rosewood kudu.

Yeah exactly. I wore mine just the other week for a special occasion. They do make a statement. I don’t like the following Kudu make ups that G&G made, that was not from the original batch. It was nowhere as cool as the first, very characteristic kudu they managed to source.

Just curious, how many pairs do you have from SKOAB?

Many.

dangerous

Reaction score
That bison nubuck... Is it possible to source that for L&T as well?

That stuff is damn amazing. I'd be in for that make up if we can make anything cool.

lartiste

Reaction score
I am n for this make up. It's really amazing, the bison nubuck.

111.png

knappabn

Reaction score
Yeah that’s on me. I’ve been swamped both at home and with my other businesses. I just don’t have the time it takes to conjure up all those make ups. It doesn’t take a lot of time but it takes a lot of energy. And it’s is harder now to make a GMTO that stands out ecause there are so many people doing them. Back in the day we were almost the only ones doing GMTOs.

I was thinking of doing something in Bison Nubuck.
View attachment 1418335 View attachment 1418335

Yeah exactly. I wore mine just the other week for a special occasion. They do make a statement. I don’t like the following Kudu make ups that G&G made, that was not from the original batch. It was nowhere as cool as the first, very characteristic kudu they managed to source.

Many.
+1 for Bison nubuck

lartiste

Reaction score
Nah. Still below 40 pairs and all sit in the same closet ;-)

I have 40 pairs or whatever, but I am not enough organized to have a spreadsheet. In addition I am not much familiar with excel and a bit hesitant to ask my assistant to create and keep such spread sheet for me. :D

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 40 pairs or whatever, but I am not enough organized to have a spreadsheet. In addition I am not much familiar with excel and a bit hesitant to ask my assistant to create and keep such spread sheet for me. :D
Haha I was joking...kinda but recently a friend of mine did email me a copy of his and I’ve been using it ever since. No clue how I’ve gone this long without it ??

lartiste

Reaction score
That bison nubuck... Is it possible to source that for L&T as well?

That stuff is damn amazing. I'd be in for that make up if we can make anything cool.

We need you to jump into this bison nubuck band wagon ;).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads