• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pbayvip

Reaction score
Still so glad I joined what I believe was the last oak tarnsjo chukka gmto. Such an amazing boot so honestly a bit surprised it hasn’t come around since (I.e. was therefore more popular)

Oak tarnsjo is great. Also looks good in two-material combos with suede (for boots).
And then there were also patina collaborations with Dandyshoecare, Patrik's surprise findings from Bonafe leather stock..... happy times

dangerous

Reaction score
Oak tarnsjo is great. Also looks good in two-material combos with suede (for boots).
And then there were also patina collaborations with Dandyshoecare, Patrik's surprise findings from Bonafe leather stock..... happy times

I really like my two-material spectator boots in Tärnsjö and kudu

6rdRRad.jpg

I need more Tärnsjö in my life I think.

lartiste

Reaction score
I have in archive few proposals for GMTO. I have no idea what are current rules of GMTO with Enzo Bonafé, @Leaves please confirm.

These are my ideas:

1. my try which never materialized

3200MOD
Vitello Giamaica - Hidro Walnut
Last 773
Purple lining
700v.jpeg

2. Enzo Bonafe 3922 mod. Vitello Etrusco and Hidro Marasco 74945 Last

LL (1).jpeg

3. Enzo Bonafe 3922 mod. Vitello Nero and Hidro Lino 74945 Last

LL (1)2.jpeg

lartiste

Reaction score
Being one of the abovementioned gentlemen, I too miss the times when you had regular Bonafe GMTO proposals. Without those, my buying has slowed down almost to a complete stop. And who else remembers the GG Kudu madness?
Come on Patrik, give us something new and exciting :)

Just curious, how many pairs do you have from SKOAB?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have in archive few proposals for GMTO. I have no idea what are current rules of GMTO with Enzo Bonafé, @Leaves please confirm.

These are my ideas:

1. my try which never materialized

3200MOD
Vitello Giamaica - Hidro Walnut
Last 773
Purple lining
View attachment 1417694

2. Enzo Bonafe 3922 mod. Vitello Etrusco and Hidro Marasco 74945 Last

View attachment 1417695

3. Enzo Bonafe 3922 mod. Vitello Nero and Hidro Lino 74945 Last

View attachment 1417696
These are what you might call a little "out there". I think these designs are geared towards people with extensive collections as they are way more on the fun side with limited use cases. Could be why it was hard to get uptake for them.

knappabn

Reaction score
These are what you might call a little "out there". I think these designs are geared towards people with extensive collections as they are way more on the fun side with limited use cases. Could be why it was hard to get uptake for them.

Concur.
For example, I might consider option 1 with darker leather/suede combo, and option 2 is something I’d like with a more muted suede, maybe a bit closer to the brown, or in the dark green Skoak has done previously. Either on 74945 last would be great.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I moved a couple years ago I took the opportunity to photo my whole collection together.

gZrCffJ.jpg

At least half of these are from Skoaktiebolaget. :) And yes, I only own one pair of sneakers. :p It's grown a bit since then with a few L&T and another St. C too.

I would really like to see some more GMTOs up and going too, even if it may be awhile until go back into the office. My poor collection is feeling so unworn during the pandemic.

dangerous

Reaction score
Thank you guys. I no longer feel any guilt for picking up another pair if a great GMTO shows up. The very best thing is to just point finger at guys with more and say "At least I'm not X".

You are the best.

lartiste

Reaction score
I don't really know. Tried to organize my collection recently, but just to group together the oxfords, chukkas, balmoral boots, other boots, sneakers...
Please see the attached photo
View attachment 1417956

What I can see are probably 85 shoe boxes. Good to see, it persuaded me, that I need few more shoes :-D .

Last edited:

lartiste

Reaction score
To be honest the recent EB gmto weren't that nice compared to the gmtos you had back then circa 2016-18, they were quite bland . Back in the day you had several gmtos that we just very popular and exclusive like the Manola Etrusco wingtip, etrusco wholecuts, Oak Tarnsjo chukkas, Gold Utah chukkas to name a few. I am not saying this might be the reason, but those gmtos were quite popular.

Back in days when I purchased my pair of etrusco wholecuts, they were stock shoes in SKOAB, even the seem less alternative. Also Manolo Etrusco Wingtip were stock shoes. I would say it was 2015.

bsarosi

Reaction score
What I can see are probably 85 shoe boxes. Good to see, it persuaded me, that I need few more shoes :-D .

Just went through my spreadsheet and currently have 39 pairs with 5 more on order and 2 more I'm thinking about placing ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads