• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heading to NOLA soon. Spent a few minites getting the spectators ready while watching Austrian FP2.

IMG_20200703_095933_730.jpg

kevenmee

Reaction score
The "Leaderboard" looks like this. For obvious reasons I cannot share any client specific details.

1. Hong Kong gentleman
2. Croatian gentleman
3. Australian gentleman
4. Singaporean gentleman
5. Russian gentleman

To my own surprise, we do not have a US client until 18th place. Which is a bit strange since its a single largest market overall outside of Sweden.

That is curious, wondering if that trend is consistent across everything or just shoes. Could be that there are Carmina and Enzo stockists in the US which dilutes the purchasing.

Either way, any chance you'll put up pre-orders for L&T? Would really like to try a pair but given my tiny feet, not much in my size, if at all.

dangerous

Reaction score
That is curious, wondering if that trend is consistent across everything or just shoes. Could be that there are Carmina and Enzo stockists in the US which dilutes the purchasing.

Either way, any chance you'll put up pre-orders for L&T? Would really like to try a pair but given my tiny feet, not much in my size, if at all.

I think we should try to get a larger MTO-gang for the L&T. It is very affordable and @Leaves can source Utah, Zonta, Tärnsjö, etc. He can also source pony leather and camel... A lot of VERY affordable shell.

I'd do this in shell if we could get a GMTO running:

I have been considering going single MTO for the York, but I have no use of it, so I can't justify the cost as it is now for a single MTO.

I'd do this in shell if we could get a Stein GMTO running. I have been curious about the possibility to modify the Stein to have an external heelcup/backstay so you can get some extra stitching there like the original Carmina Frankenstitch have.

fI5s58u.jpg

There's no image dump for the L&T models that are not for sale right now, which I wish was done. I feel like the Stein is ... too low of a shaft, and got less stitching. There's no stitching on the swan neck(?) on either, and I think that would be cool.

2eTGtwI.jpg

I think a shell model would make it pop a lot more, and make the stitching more interesting than it is on the loden suede. It is a great model though.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we should try to get a larger MTO-gang for the L&T. It is very affordable and @Leaves can source Utah, Zonta, Tärnsjö, etc. He can also source pony leather and camel... A lot of VERY affordable shell.

I'd do this in shell if we could get a GMTO running:

I have been considering going single MTO for the York, but I have no use of it, so I can't justify the cost as it is now for a single MTO.

I'd do this in shell if we could get a Stein GMTO running. I have been curious about the possibility to modify the Stein to have an external heelcup/backstay so you can get some extra stitching there like the original Carmina Frankenstitch have.

fI5s58u.jpg

There's no image dump for the L&T models that are not for sale right now, which I wish was done. I feel like the Stein is ... too low of a shaft, and got less stitching. There's no stitching on the swan neck(?) on either, and I think that would be cool.

2eTGtwI.jpg

I think a shell model would make it pop a lot more, and make the stitching more interesting than it is on the loden suede. It is a great model though.
I'd be interested in some kind of Frankenstitch boot

Edit: curious how L&T compares to other similar tiered shoes in terms of fit, construction, etc. Look nice, but don't own a pair.

dangerous

Reaction score

Edit: curious how L&T compares to other similar tiered shoes in terms of fit, construction, etc. Look nice, but don't own a pair.

[email protected] will help you sort it out, but I feel like they fit quite similar to 74945 but a tiny bit narrower. Different aesthetic all over though.

lartiste

Reaction score

Me too. I would join the band wagon of such GMTO.

dangerous

Reaction score
Are we talking shell?

I'd like it to be a bright colour, either in Armagnac or Bourbon. I think the dark brown they had an earlier make up in was nice too, it looked like mahogany I think.

L&T options:

I'm thinking:

Some kind of brown shell - different colours on each part?
S last
Heavy fudging(?)
Havana heel
Dainite/gumlite/half rubber?

lartiste

Reaction score
The "Leaderboard" looks like this. For obvious reasons I cannot share any client specific details.

1. Hong Kong gentleman
2. Croatian gentleman
3. Australian gentleman
4. Singaporean gentleman
5. Russian gentleman

To my own surprise, we do not have a US client until 18th place. Which is a bit strange since its a single largest market overall outside of Sweden.

@Leaves

OK, then I have to purchase more shoes :-D.

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been tough to even reach 4 these last year or so. It's some kind of mindset change, or I'm getting out priced or something by another retailer. Used to be we had 10-15 people minimum partake in GMTOs but that's more or less gone. Some Asian clients have started going directly to the manufacturers with their GMTOs or started up small local businesses to cut out retailers.
To be honest the recent EB gmto weren't that nice compared to the gmtos you had back then circa 2016-18, they were quite bland . Back in the day you had several gmtos that we just very popular and exclusive like the Manola Etrusco wingtip, etrusco wholecuts, Oak Tarnsjo chukkas, Gold Utah chukkas to name a few. I am not saying this might be the reason, but those gmtos were quite popular.

Pbayvip

Reaction score

1. Hong Kong gentleman
2. Croatian gentleman
3. Australian gentleman
4. Singaporean gentleman
5. Russian gentleman

Being one of the abovementioned gentlemen, I too miss the times when you had regular Bonafe GMTO proposals. Without those, my buying has slowed down almost to a complete stop. And who else remembers the GG Kudu madness?
Come on Patrik, give us something new and exciting :)

lartiste

Reaction score
Being one of the abovementioned gentlemen, I too miss the times when you had regular Bonafe GMTO proposals. Without those, my buying has slowed down almost to a complete stop. And who else remembers the GG Kudu madness?
Come on Patrik, give us something new and exciting :)

This is my pair, when I was trying the shoes first time. I still keep my pair!

700.jpeg

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be honest the recent EB gmto weren't that nice compared to the gmtos you had back then circa 2016-18, they were quite bland . Back in the day you had several gmtos that we just very popular and exclusive like the Manola Etrusco wingtip, etrusco wholecuts, Oak Tarnsjo chukkas, Gold Utah chukkas to name a few. I am not saying this might be the reason, but those gmtos were quite popular.

Still so glad I joined what I believe was the last oak tarnsjo chukka gmto. Such an amazing boot so honestly a bit surprised it hasn’t come around since (I.e. was therefore more popular)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads