• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here have both the dark brown suede and the choko suede from L&T? I want the dark brown suede tassel loafers and since they don’t have it, I’m trying to see if the choko is dark enough.

lartiste

Reaction score
Damn. That instep is ridiculous.

I apparently have quite a low instep compared to you guys... holy crap.looking good though. A bit narrow?

Not really I would close a gap a bit more, but had at the time of photos only few minutes to try them on. But agree, that in general on my shoes, there is always bigger or smaller gap in lacing.

Look at the bulge at the side of the shoe. They look too narrow.

They are not too narrow. They fit good, unfortunately the bulge is result of goat, hope, it will get better.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really I would close a gap a bit more, but had at the time of photos only few minutes to try them on. But agree, that in general on my shoes, there is always bigger or smaller gap in lacing.

They are not too narrow. They fit good, unfortunately the bulge is result of goat, hope, it will get better.
Glad to hear they fit. My initial post just asked if they were comfortable based on how they looked, so that's good news. I assume you mean gout? Sorry to hear that and hope it gets better soon as well!

lartiste

Reaction score
Glad to hear they fit. My initial post just asked if they were comfortable based on how they looked, so that's good news. I assume you mean gout? Sorry to hear that and hope it gets better soon as well!

You are of course correct, it is not goat, but gout. ;)

Meyboom

Reaction score

Can you post a fit pic of the EB's as well? My guess is there will be a lot less V gaping in the instep area. EB is great for high instep feet.

lartiste

Reaction score
Can you post a fit pic of the EB's as well? My guess is there will be a lot less V gaping in the instep area. EB is great for high instep feet.

You are absolutely correct. My only issue with Enzo Bonafé shoes in past was, that the shoe laces were too short for high instep. In particular shoe laces in my Etrusco Calf whole cut. Also please note, that the shoe laces are not really tied tight so the gap would be slightly smaller. Also from my experience the shoes will get a bit roomier even in instep part so the gap will nearly close.

IMG_0059.JPG
IMG_0060.JPG

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are absolutely correct. My only issue with Enzo Bonafé shoes in past was, that the shoe laces were too short for high instep. In particular shoe laces in my Etrusco Calf whole cut. Also please note, that the shoe laces are not really tied tight so the gap would be slightly smaller. Also from my experience the shoes will get a bit roomier even in instep part so the gap will nearly close.

View attachment 1414630 View attachment 1414631
Nice shoes.
Have you tried to remove the insole to give a bit more space?
I am totally on the opposite with you. I found most of shoes too high on instep on me.. LOL

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are absolutely correct. My only issue with Enzo Bonafé shoes in past was, that the shoe laces were too short for high instep.

So those wholecuts are by Enzo Bonafe?

The "v" of the laces is still surprisingly far apart. It looks as though you have a very high instep, higher than mine (and I simply cannot wear some brands of shoes, such as Allen-Edmonds, because they are simply too painful when I tighten the laces over my insteps).

Ultimately, it all comes down to personal taste but, for me at least, the "v" of those laces is too far apart for my liking. Have you considered giving up on trying to find oxford-style shoes that fit you, and instead wearing derby- or blucher-style shoes with "open" lacing? It is much, much more forgiving on people with high insteps.

EUtroll

Reaction score
I also having very high instep and have on the whole given up on oxfords, save for a couple of pairs for when the occasion really calls for it. Time and the right leather are key. C&J's handgrade leathers are doable but not the bench grade once. Painful lessons reaching that conclusion.

lartiste

Reaction score
Nice shoes.
Have you tried to remove the insole to give a bit more space?
I am totally on the opposite with you. I found most of shoes too high on instep on me.. LOL

I did not try to remove the insoles, since I really enjoy many of them, in particular those personalized by EB.

So those wholecuts are by Enzo Bonafe?

The "v" of the laces is still surprisingly far apart. It looks as though you have a very high instep, higher than mine (and I simply cannot wear some brands of shoes, such as Allen-Edmonds, because they are simply too painful when I tighten the laces over my insteps).

Ultimately, it all comes down to personal taste but, for me at least, the "v" of those laces is too far apart for my liking. Have you considered giving up on trying to find oxford-style shoes that fit you, and instead wearing derby- oyr blucher-style shoes with "open" lacing? It is much, much more forgiving on people with high insteps.

These are my most recent Enzo Bonafé wholecut. One of three I have, I have also Etrusco Calf and Betis Blu. Compare to other shoemakers EB has higher instep, eventhough not high enough. Since I live with high instep whole my life for me this is not real issue and problem. I like the shoes eventhough the "V" is not completely closed when laced.

And really love each of my 10 pairs of Enzo Bonafé shoes. I hope, the fitting will improve a bit as with other pairs in past. I will try to keep you informed.

Concerning the derbies, I have several pairs and wearing them too. By coincidence I am just awaiting blucher cordovan pair purchased in Carmina sale. ;)

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Leaves

After few years, when was not buying high end shoes due to my problems with goat and with feet joints. Today I just made further purchase with you. In my opinion you would make fortune on education of e-shop runners how to handle orders and how to deal with customers. Within minutes I received emails with confirmations and even email from DHL and just within hour or so I also received sms from DHL that my package will be delivered tomorrow.

I have never seen such service. Back in days I considered service of SKOAKTIEBOLAGET perfect, but you even improved your own standards. I do not know other e-shop which would even try to match to your service. Even such shops like MatchesFashion and MyTheresa are not even close, the smaller ones are even more behind. To be honest I was afraid a bit about your services since all (to me) well known faces are gone, in particular Gabriel, Dannefalk and few others. But you improved!

Hat off.

Sorry for the late reply. I went off the grid for a while, vacation at the summer home. Will not be checking online so much this summer. Promised the wife to wind down a bit.

Thanks for the awesome review! Please share this on Google and Facebook if I may ask that of you. A lot of clients are using those reviews for guidance.

Skoaktiebolaget has never been about a single person or staff member. It’s our core value to provide a very high level of service (and it’s not just words on a paper it’s something I really work towards every day with the team). Of course, when key personal leave it always affect quality short term but we always strive to improve.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone here have both the dark brown suede and the choko suede from L&T? I want the dark brown suede tassel loafers and since they don’t have it, I’m trying to see if the choko is dark enough.

A short comment on the Dark Brown Suede and the Choko Suede. The Choko Suede is just a tad lighter IRL. But most of all the quality is much nicer (the Choko is from Zonta and the Dark Brown is Stead). Stead still makes great suede but Zonta is awesome. Only issue is supply, the lead times are problematic with Zonta.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A short comment on the Dark Brown Suede and the Choko Suede. The Choko Suede is just a tad lighter IRL. But most of all the quality is much nicer (the Choko is from Zonta and the Dark Brown is Stead). Stead still makes great suede but Zonta is awesome. Only issue is supply, the lead times are problematic with Zonta.
Good to know! I did end up getting a pair of dark brown suede tassel loafers from a different maker but I’ll be getting the polo suede tassels at a later date and I see that’s also from Zonta.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads