• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Utah Calf Sportif sneakers are just amazing. They look great and are very comfortable!

28FF6957-C817-4405-9C2A-8AD64E0D3610.jpeg

BFE4EF15-420E-4F15-BCE4-652E6A15146E.jpeg

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of months back some people were interested in the Danny Sneaker in Utah Calf. But I already had an order placed so it was a bit overkill to do a GMTO. The Danny in Utah has now launched together with some other nice goodies. Will post more of those later.

Purchased. Were these on sale? I noticed I couldn't get free shipping.

Guccinski L.V.

Reaction score
Which size should I take in Lof&Tung if all my shoes are 28.5 to 29cm long , measured by out-sole?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does Mountain Calf differ from Russian Calf ? I'm looking at the StC site and cannot tell the difference.

If I'm not mistaken Mountain calf is just Alpine Leather renamed. Russian calf is the replica of the Russian Reindeer found all those years ago. It is printed to resemble the Russian Reindeer, but the J&FJ Baker is a closer replica to the real thing.

The Alpine will be a bit stiffer but lower maintenance. Both Chrome tanned.

Last edited:

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does Mountain Calf differ from Russian Calf ? I'm looking at the StC site and cannot tell the difference.

If you are asking which you should select, only you can answer that but here's a few pros and cons....

Russian Reindeer is softer (slightly) and takes a nice shine. Develops a character especially at flex points. You can call this character discoloring or antiquing if you prefer. You avoid this with a bunch of brushing and wax.

Alpine is stiffer. It will not develop a patina, but you won't have to brush it to death either. For me, it is an inclement weather survivor! Russian reindeer not as much.

Both have a beautiful grained appearance which is why you couldn't tell them apart as easily.

Last edited:

Mallaig

Reaction score
If you are asking which you should select, only you can answer that but here's a few pros and cons....

Russian Reindeer is softer (slightly) and takes a nice shine. Develops a character especially at flex points. You can call this character discoloring or antiquing if you prefer. You avoid this with a bunch of brushing and wax.

Alpine is stiffer. It will not develop a patina, but you won't have to brush it to death either. For me, it is an inclement weather survivor! Russian reindeer not as much.

Both do have a beautiful grain appearance which is why you couldn't tell them apart.
This is very helpful. Thank you.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

mg92

Reaction score
Been looking for a pair of unline chukkas for a while.

Any chance of this EB model coming back in stock (would make a great GMTO)?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 90 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads