• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I did notice that your recent offerings over the past year or so consisted of more conservative colours like black & dark- mid brown. I remember back then you had an variety of all types of colors (burgundy, etrusco, lots of light brown tones, greens etc). Are customers more inclined nowadays to purchase conservative colours compare to mid 2015? Why this downturn in non-classic colors?

Tanned shoes has always sold poorly at Skoaktiebolaget. I love the shade myself. Like the new Foster & Son Sandringham in Hazel. Such a bloody nice shade. But it just doesn't sell. It's weird. Either I have poor taste, or everyone else does. :cool: I could wear that shade 3 days a week, burgundy three and then black and brown every other week.

Yeah you might be onto something there. Or we are through our mid life crisis and can now go back to wearing dark brown and black. :)

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tanned shoes has always sold poorly at Skoaktiebolaget. I love the shade myself. Like the new Foster & Son Sandringham in Hazel. Such a bloody nice shade. But it just doesn't sell. It's weird. Either I have poor taste, or everyone else does. :cool: I could wear that shade 3 days a week, burgundy three and then black and brown every other week.

Yeah you might be onto something there. Or we are through our mid life crisis and can now go back to wearing dark brown and black. :)

Yes, I like the color myself have a few tanned shoes in my collection. It seemed that in the other threads that lighter shades are quite popular especially in shell, maybe I am mistaken.

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, I like the color myself have a few tanned shoes in my collection, but as I get older did notice that I have been wearing darked shades more often. It seemed that in the other threads that lighter shades were quite popular especially in shell maybe I am mistaken.

Light Shell is a ***** to work with. As a retailer, it's a nightmare. I remember we had some Carmina Shell options in the lighter shades back in the day and every other pair there was a complaint (not always valid ones mind you, as a lot of people who buy Shell don't always realise that Shell has it's quirks that you need to be ok with). Even with Enzo Bonafè who is a true shell master, there are sometimes issues with lighter shell. These days I just stay away from it, at least if it's RTW. It's not worth the headache.

galileo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of shade
937B7F2A-9F6A-4CAA-8E78-D26E2B19E41E.jpeg F26B6052-2B4F-44A4-9E9E-B0131DBE010F.jpeg

ryanluo23

Reaction score
when is Kingsley coming back? storm welt please :)

mraza

Reaction score
I can’t decide between Foster & son hazel and lof tung bourbon cordovan . Not sure where lof tung are made . Would you say log tung quality is same or as good as Foster & son?

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, Foster and Son is at Crockett and Jones handgrade level, or higher.
L&T is a solid make, but different level of value/quality ratio.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I can’t decide between Foster & son hazel and lof tung bourbon cordovan . Not sure where lof tung are made . Would you say log tung quality is same or as good as Foster & son?

I will not claim Löf & Tung to be at the same level of craftsmanship as Foster & Son. LT is almost a third of the price. However, I will say that Löf & Tung is a lot of bang for the buck. Solid Goodyear welted build, made in Spain by one of the most renowned shoemaking families in the industry there. We do source the very best materials from the premium tanneries and it’s a full leather heel stack and a salpa heelcounter (not plastic as many instep makers).

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
No, Foster and Son is at Crockett and Jones handgrade level, or higher.
L&T is a solid make, but different level of value/quality ratio.

I would put Fosters somewhere up there with EG. EG has the iconic styles and the brand recognition, so there is a premium one must pay there no doubt. The new Foster production in house keeps very high standards.

ixk

Reaction score

Did you ever get to ask a manufacturer if tan is a popular color?

mraza

Reaction score
Does anyone know forester sons shoes run true to size or small?

mraza

Reaction score
Does this hazel has single or double sole?

@Leaves , it would be nice if you add a line about soles on your product page . Single or double .
Thank you ?? sir

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads