• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Leaves
I also think that the sizing description should be updated lest it does not confuse the customers. For example, EG shoes are usually 1/2 size down from US size while C&J shoes are a full size down from US size. So saying that F&S 05 last fits similar to EG 202 and C&J 375 can be very confusing? Or that the 66 fits similarly as Edward Green 606 or Crockett & Jones 337 lasts. I take difeerent sizes in 606 snf 337 lasts and I am sure many other people do too.
It's not the best time to promote the new brand but the life must go on. Good luck.

galileo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s quite a narrow last thus should be half size down from US size, take it as EG last sizing.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, can somebody please clarify FS sizing?

Is it half-size down from US size like EG/GG?

or

Full size down from US size like C&J?

The reference is to EG UK sizing and not US sizing. I will clarify online.

So yeah half a size down from US sizing.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whats the difference between F&S "Foster Collection" and their standard $700-$900 range?

EDIT: As well as their "Jermyn Street Collection" ?

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've handled almost every single split toe in the business, and own over a dozen, and the likes of this new maker (and Saint Crispin's) are second to none. I would also put the G&G Hove and Isham above EG Dover, in terms of build quality and comfort. But some people do prefer the aesthetics of the Dover and I totally get that.

GG Hove is too slick though, EG Dover is more "all around" if you ask me

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
NOT FUNNY! seriously what does English shoe tend to run narrow in toebox...?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NOT FUNNY! seriously what does English shoe tend to run narrow in toebox...?

Honestly, other than a few EG models and GG, not many if any run narrow in the toe box. The next most narrow toe box I can think of is the AS, and it is not really too narrow.

I don't recall the FS being that narrow in the toebox. As I mentioned, I did not get a chance to try it on. You may be able to try it on on their next visit to NY (whenever the hell that is).

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those Barbaro Sportifs are really cool. I don't know if I can wear them (no half size + my achilles/heel problems) but they're really good looking.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Honestly, other than a few EG models and GG, not many if any run narrow in the toe box. The next most narrow toe box I can think of is the AS, and it is not really too narrow.

I don't recall the FS being that narrow in the toebox. As I mentioned, I did not get a chance to try it on. You may be able to try it on on their next visit to NY (whenever the hell that is).

or when Armoury opens and I can go out?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Whats the difference between F&S "Foster Collection" and their standard $700-$900 range?

EDIT: As well as their "Jermyn Street Collection" ?

It’s made with higher grade materials, tighter sole finish etc. The usual “top tier” stuff you know. Personally, I would go for the normal line shoes as they really look fantastic but Keble is only available as Jermyn Street line.

AFAICT it’s not as big of a difference as between JL and JL Prestige, where the difference is very, very noticeable.

I might regret saying that but it’s my first impression.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, I would go for the normal line shoes as they really look fantastic but Keble is only available as Jermyn Street line.

AFAICT it’s not as big of a difference as between JL and JL Prestige, where the difference is very, very noticeable.

I might regret saying that but it’s my first impression.

That comment right there is why I continue my patronage of Skoaktiebolaget (and @Leaves). We are provided an honest answer pertaining to a product. You do not automatically get steered towards the more expensive option.

Patrik always offers the type of response we would give each other, rather than one of a retailer. Kudos good man!

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you planning on carrying the Jermyn line, aside from the Keble?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics