• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Meyboom

Reaction score
We need one more participant for this Loafer gmto to be fully funded.

It's a wrap, I just placed my order.

TheIronDandy

Reaction score
Changes

Dear friends and fellow shoe nerds,

February 19th 2022 marks the end of an era. After almost ten years as a brick an mortar store, we are converting to an online only store. Of course the pandemic has fueled this change, but even before the pandemic we saw a decline in demand for premium grade welted shoes so the change would have come sooner or later. It's just not possible to sustain a large store in such a premium location in Stockholm, where sadly more and more people are just trying to make a bargain. Of course, running a dress shoe store in a country where even bankers and lawyers wear sneakers does not help. ?

So going forward we will focus our goods to cater to fellow shoe connoisseurs and clients who appreciate craftsmanship and sustainability. This means slimming down our range of products and offering more MTO and GMTO goods. In order to cater to this group I will have one of my staff members dedicate themselves to this segment, which I hope will improve service level and professionalism.

We will host a sale in the store on Nybrogatan from Tuesday January 25th until we close the shop. Feel free to pop by and say hello! As of this date there is no online sale planned.

And please remember to support your local #menswear (brick & mortar) retailers, everyone is struggling right now. Take care and let me know if you have any questions! We will continue to be SF forum members and affiliates as long as it continues to be a relevant place for us to have a discussion about quality shoes in general and our products in particular.

Kind regards,
Patrik a.k.a Leaves

Walked by earlier this week by chance, and was a bit shocked to see that you were closing down the store. I can see why - pandemic combined with a culture where everyone wears (ugly dirty) sneakers can't make it easy, and I'm guessing many entry level customers are lost to brands like Myrqvist and Morja.

I was never a regular as Skoab doesn't stock that much in size 12, but I always did enjoy browsing the shop for inspiration when picking up some shoe care supplies. I did find a pair of EB chuckas in 11,5 and some Saphir polishing supplies during the sale - "Den enes död, den andres bröd" indeed. Even though I'm guessing the online business is going pretty well, it still feels like the end of an era, and a dark portent for CM retail in Stockholm.

Best of luck to everyone working at Skoab.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Walked by earlier this week by chance, and was a bit shocked to see that you were closing down the store. I can see why - pandemic combined with a culture where everyone wears (ugly dirty) sneakers can't make it easy, and I'm guessing many entry level customers are lost to brands like Myrqvist and Morja.

I was never a regular as Skoab doesn't stock that much in size 12, but I always did enjoy browsing the shop for inspiration when picking up some shoe care supplies. I did find a pair of EB chuckas in 11,5 and some Saphir polishing supplies during the sale - "Den enes död, den andres bröd" indeed. Even though I'm guessing the online business is going pretty well, it still feels like the end of an era, and a dark portent for CM retail in Stockholm.

Best of luck to everyone working at Skoab.

It is what it is, the world is changing! We had a great run and had a lot of fun during the process (and some greif). And my life is richer for it and there are thousands of people wearing Löf & Tung shoes and tens of thousands wearing other shoe brands acquired through Skoaktiebolaget all over the globe. That's pretty cool if you ask me! I never thought Skoaktiebolaget would have such a huge impact when I started it; as most of you know it started out as a hobby project.

Now the journey continues with a more streamlined business catering to connoisseurs and with new people at the helm (Erik). I will of course be along for the ride behind the scenes and be active here on SF... as long as they can keep the site up and running that is... :hide: I wonder how many users they lost during the 4-5 days the site was down.

Trakl

Reaction score
It is what it is, the world is changing! We had a great run and had a lot of fun during the process (and some greif). And my life is richer for it and there are thousands of people wearing Löf & Tung shoes and tens of thousands wearing other shoe brands acquired through Skoaktiebolaget all over the globe. That's pretty cool if you ask me! I never thought Skoaktiebolaget would have such a huge impact when I started it; as most of you know it started out as a hobby project.

Now the journey continues with a more streamlined business catering to connoisseurs and with new people at the helm (Erik). I will of course be along for the ride behind the scenes and be active here on SF... as long as they can keep the site up and running that is... :hide: I wonder how many users they lost during the 4-5 days the site was down.
I'm extremely happy to hear it will be Erik who is at the helm of your new operations model, as he's been absolutely fantastic to deal with when it comes to MTO's etc.

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

3 days left

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm extremely happy to hear it will be Erik who is at the helm of your new operations model, as he's been absolutely fantastic to deal with when it comes to MTO's etc.

Agreed, he is great. I am very happy that he will be in charge of this going forward.

ErikDg

Reaction score

Hi guys!
So, I´m Erik at Skoaktiebolaget. Thank you for your kind words! I know I´ve been in contact with some of you through e-mail about MTO´s and other stuff but now you can reach out to me here as well. This is my first post so please have some patience while I´m learning how the forum works out.
Anyway, the GMTO of the Tärnsjö loafer from Bonafé was fully founded so I ordered it today. Thank you for the idea of the make-up and for participating.

loduN

Reaction score
We are aiming to put more focus on GMTO´s with 3-4 running monthly. So hit us up with ideas. I have some cool new styles from Bonafé that are upcoming and will post them here shortly for some input about construction, materials etc.

I'll start :

Löf & Tung
Francisco loafer - split toe with apron
S loafer last
Gold museum calf
Unlined
Leather sole (closed channel)
Medium brown sole edge

Would make a great summer pair with linen / light to medium colored pants

Pbayvip

Reaction score
Hello guys,
We have four new GMTO´s running now. https://www.skoaktiebolaget.com/collections/gmtos

We are aiming to put more focus on GMTO´s with 3-4 running monthly. So hit us up with ideas. I have some cool new styles from Bonafé that are upcoming and will post them here shortly for some input about construction, materials etc.
Please advise regarding sizing on Bonafe's M last - I am unfamiliar with that one. How's the length and instep height compared to other Bonafe lasts?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'll start :

Löf & Tung
Francisco loafer - split toe with apron
S loafer last
Gold museum calf
Unlined
Leather sole (closed channel)
Medium brown sole edge

Would make a great summer pair with linen / light to medium colored pants

Ok so basically this style:
Löf_&_Tung_16610-Francisco-Horween-Cordovan-Armagnac-S-loafer-Last_1.jpg
Löf_&_Tung_16610-Francisco-Horween-Cordovan-Armagnac-S-loafer-Last_2.jpg

In this color:
Löf_&_Tung_15836-OxenhamII-Parisian-Brown-Museum-Calf-L-Last_1.jpg

We call this Parisian Brown Museum, I don't think I've ever done a gold before.

EUtroll

Reaction score
Hello guys,
We have four new GMTO´s running now. https://www.skoaktiebolaget.com/collections/gmtos

I've been contemplating a plain toe blucher from EB for spring/summer, medium brownish, so wouldn't mind something in that direction on one of the rounder lasts. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads