• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

brotherender

Reaction score
Practicing self-restraint feels nice but now I'm questioning if I should've purchased the Kingsleys I've been eyeing for the past year or more......

To whomever purchased the pair, enjoy them!
I exercised the same with the same shoes. Originally I even topped it up with 3 more pairs to finally be able to cut it down to one. But it was an uphill struggle, I have to admit. That was an unbelievably tempting BF at Skoaktie.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pb924

Reaction score
So the velvet Belgians ship immediately if the size is “in stock”? I see in the notes it says available for custom order, with delivery in 4-5 weeks. Thanks

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Leaves iirc you also have the high boots yourself. How do you wear them mostly? Pants tucked in or pants covering the boots? And are high socks recommended with these boots?

I plan on wearing them for muddy forest walks, so will probably tuck my pants in so they won't become dirty
90% of the time I wear pants inside the Champlain. Yesterday I was out for dinner but it was -12 Centigrade and icy so I wore Champlain instead of dress shoes and at that time I wore my trousers over the boots for a less casual look.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So the velvet Belgians ship immediately if the size is “in stock”? I see in the notes it says available for custom order, with delivery in 4-5 weeks. Thanks
Yes if they are in stock we ship immediately. If you custom order in the brick & mortar shop it's a few weeks delivery time.

brotherender

Reaction score
Received mine today, very wide shaft indeed. Beatiful boots, unfortunately they give me lots of heel slip so will not be comfortable to wear for me. Especially for my hiking trips I was planning to use them for.
Same here. Heel slip.

Stanacle

Reaction score
I love Lof and Tung's shoes, but there's one thing I don't get.

Part of the reason (if not all) to have a closed channel sole is to achieve a clean sole, I don't understand why they make markings at the area where it supposes to be clean.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love Lof and Tung's shoes, but there's one thing I don't get.

Part of the reason (if not all) to have a closed channel sole is to achieve a clean sole, I don't understand why they make markings at the area where it supposes to be clean.
The main reason for a closed channel is to protect the stitches. The markings you mention are for decorative purposes, often found on handgrade/bespoke shoes.

Here on a pair of Wildsmith shoes:

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does kudu stretch at all like calf? Ordered the kudu split-toe boots but they fit tight and a bit long - unlike the Carmina Rain last.

Reaction score
Does kudu stretch at all like calf? Ordered the kudu split-toe boots but they fit tight and a bit long - unlike the Carmina Rain last.
My pair of kudu Gessis have stretched a bit. They fit super snug over the ball area initially, but now they’re roomier (and I could have sized 0.5 down had they been like this from the start, hah). Lovely leather though. Flexible, strong, looks fantastic.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Leaves Is there a particular insole that's being used in Lof & Tung boots? I have to say, these are very, very comfortable. Dainite on my other pairs of boots is hard but the insole on these feels a bit squishy (good).

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Leaves Is there a particular insole that's being used in Lof & Tung boots? I have to say, these are very, very comfortable. Dainite on my other pairs of boots is hard but the insole on these feels a bit squishy (good).
Thanks for the feedback. Yes all our GYW shoes are fitted with a special comfort sole that makes them a bit more comfy than what you'd normally find in GYW shoes.

Featured Sponsor

Friday Challenge "Suited and Booted" VOTE NOW

• An Acute Style

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Bernoulli

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Brennenman

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • cr2596

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Crafty Cumbrian

Votes: 7 12.7%