• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GeoffreyB

Reaction score
Thank you. Do you have any other shoe brands, for example how does F&S fits in respect to Carmina last or any other shoe brands.

It will depend on your feet. What I mean is do you have a high or low instep or narrow or wide foot? I have narrow feet with a low instep. For me I wear Carmina (Simpson last) and G&G (Deco last) the same size. However F&S (66 last) I would have to size down a half. The same with Carmina (Rain last) and Enzo (804 last). However the Enzo shoe has a higher instep than I would prefer. The Carmina (Rain last) is a boot so the instep does not come into play.

Hope this helps...

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do you mean a 270 degree handwelt? Haven’t heard of 180 before. Is that the Japanese waist thing from a few years back? I would like the waist as tight as can be with rolled edges (is that bombe treatment?) and a fiddleback.

I had been thinking the same model as the current Skoak Color 8 loafer, but in black calf. Croc or Gator strap is an interesting idea and I’d be open to that.
I have a loafer in that model you suggested. I like the look but my issue is a practical one. The vamp goes up high and the angle is such that it catches on my trousers a lot. I also thought the full strap makes the sides feel/look a bit bulky.

I’d prefer the 804 last but could compromise on 74945. I’m not a fan of the 946.

In a perfect world I’d prefer a leather sole. Black sole is completely fine.

Adding @ericgereghty to keep in the loop

I’m myself if it’s on the 74945.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you mean a 270 degree handwelt? Haven’t heard of 180 before. Is that the Japanese waist thing from a few years back? I would like the waist as tight as can be with rolled edges (is that bombe treatment?) and a fiddleback.

I had been thinking the same model as the current Skoak Color 8 loafer, but in black calf. Croc or Gator strap is an interesting idea and I’d be open to that.
I have a loafer in that model you suggested. I like the look but my issue is a practical one. The vamp goes up high and the angle is such that it catches on my trousers a lot. I also thought the full strap makes the sides feel/look a bit bulky.

I’d prefer the 804 last but could compromise on 74945. I’m not a fan of the 946.

In a perfect world I’d prefer a leather sole. Black sole is completely fine.

Adding @ericgereghty to keep in the loop

So on my gatoraides that had the japanese waist, which was 180 handwelt with a blake stitched waist. I'd be fine with either that or the bombe waist which was the 270 degree handwelt with the rounded waist. It's a little less sleek but still looks very nice.

I'd much prefer the 74945 over the 804. 804 would be a bit too pointy for a loafer for me.

@Leaves do they have a full strap penny loafer where the vamp doesn't go quite as high?

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So on my gatoraides that had the japanese waist, which was 180 handwelt with a blake stitched waist. I'd be fine with either that or the bombe waist which was the 270 degree handwelt with the rounded waist. It's a little less sleek but still looks very nice.

I'd much prefer the 74945 over the 804. 804 would be a bit too pointy for a loafer for me.

@Leaves do they have a full strap penny loafer where the vamp doesn't go quite as high?

Ok now I understand what you are talking about. I have a pair of seamless brown captoes with a Japanese waist. It’s sleek and I’d be fine with that. Just wasn’t sure what you were talking about.

So it sounds like all folks can be happy with the 74945 last. I’m fine with either waist option.

Guess we need to settle on the model.;)

@Leaves do you like the full strap or the standard penny?

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok now I understand what you are talking about. I have a pair of seamless brown captoes with a Japanese waist. It’s sleek and I’d be fine with that. Just wasn’t sure what you were talking about.

So it sounds like all folks can be happy with the 74945 last. I’m fine with either waist option.

Guess we need to settle on the model.;)

@Leaves do you like the full strap or the standard penny?

It would be very cool if they had a version of the full strap loafer with a shorter vamp like the non full strap loafer. I think having the full strap would be super nice to make the croc pop a bit more.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would be very cool if they had a version of the full strap loafer with a shorter vamp like the non full strap loafer. I think having the full strap would be super nice to make the croc pop a bit more.

It’s a good idea for sure.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on which make up?

I was thinking the Enzo's jumper boot with 4 eyelets and 4 hooks, in Oak Tärnsjö or utah leather in a ligther shade on the 363MOD last or 74945 last, on the Vibram eton sole and contrasting braided laces.

Simplified:
  • Model: Jumper boot
  • Leather: Tärnsjö or Utah leather in a lighter shade of brown
  • Hardware: 4 eyelets & 4 hooks | Color: antique brass or whatever looks best with the silhoutte of the boot.
  • Last: 74945 or 363MOD
  • Sole: Vibram Eton or any other rubber sole, I'd like to try something other than dainite, but with similar silhoutte
  • Toe Cap: Double row stitching or punch cap toe
  • Sole Edges: Antique and with a stormwelt or heavy fudging | one or the other; I think heavy fudging and a stormwelt together looks too busy.
  • Laces: Round braided laces, preferably a contrasting color but it's not set in stone.

Can Enzo do a contrasting tongue or a quarter stitch like the Alden Indy boot?
I've never done an GMTO, so I'm new to all this.

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the Enzo's jumper boot with 4 eyelets and 4 hooks, in Oak Tärnsjö or utah leather in a ligther shade on the 363MOD last or 74945 last, on the Vibram eton sole and contrasting braided laces.

Simplified:
  • Model: Jumper boot
  • Leather: Tärnsjö or Utah leather in a lighter shade of brown
  • Hardware: 4 eyelets & 4 hooks | Color: antique brass or whatever looks best with the silhoutte of the boot.
  • Last: 74945 or 363MOD
  • Sole: Vibram Eton or any other rubber sole, I'd like to try something other than dainite, but with similar silhoutte
  • Toe Cap: Double row stitching or punch cap toe
  • Sole Edges: Antique and with a stormwelt or heavy fudging | one or the other; I think heavy fudging and a stormwelt together looks too busy.
  • Laces: Round braided laces, preferably a contrasting color but it's not set in stone.

Can Enzo do a contrasting tongue or a quarter stitch like the Alden Indy boot?
I've never done an GMTO, so I'm new to all this.

Enzo Bonafe jumper boots in Tarnsjo leather about 3 years ago.

Screenshot_20201023-193851_Gallery.jpg

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enzo Bonafe jumper boots in Tarnsjo leather about 3 years ago.

View attachment 1483247

I didn't realize, but I'm all in if there's enough interest. I have a pair of Löf & Tung Aldrin in oak Tärnsjö and I'm really loving the leather. I'd love a boot in the Tärnsjö leather or utah leather if others aren't interested in Tärnsjö leather.

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate it, I have experience with Alden Barrie and Alden Hampton and Aberdeen. I take Barrie a half size from Hampton and Aberdeen. For Crockett and Jones, I take the same size in 337, 325, 341 and 348. 337 and 348 are my best fitting lasts.

That sounds about the same for me.

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So you take F&S half size bigger than C&J or you take C&J half size down from US?

The other way around. My TTS is normally US 10.5 D.

In Foster and Son, I’m wearing 9.5 E.

In Crockett and Jones, I’m normally either 10 medium (E) or 10.5 narrow (C in contract shoes such as Peal & co.).

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize, but I'm all in if there's enough interest. I have a pair of Löf & Tung Aldrin in oak Tärnsjö and I'm really loving the leather. I'd love a boot in the Tärnsjö leather or utah leather if others aren't interested in Tärnsjö leather.
Yes, Tarnsjo leather ages with grace.
Here are some more examples.

Attachments

• nocode20170127192413968.jpg
    nocode20170127192413968.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Enzo-Bonafe-3824-m-Tarnsjo-Cognac-363-mod.-Last_grande.jpg
    Enzo-Bonafe-3824-m-Tarnsjo-Cognac-363-mod.-Last_grande.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 045ba9c4392380235c61a392cd4ab937 (1).jpg
    045ba9c4392380235c61a392cd4ab937 (1).jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 98

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@CLTesquire @tdes81 let me marinate and do a bit of sleuthing on the last.

@Leaves would you say the sizing would be the same in the 74945 (excuse any typos...blame wine:crackup:) as the 062 and 946?

From personal experience, I take a half size up on 74945 from the 946, 804, 363MOD and 062 lasts. That being said, I'll probably go down a half size down on a pair of loafers.

Also, this Enzo Bonafé last chart may help get you an idea about the different lasts:

ff48ddb7-3f75-4a71-a432-0b8f0a145976-jpeg.1449036

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads