• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dangerous

Reaction score
ntkHiGy.jpg

8230 lasted

Ym6mphU.jpg

8177 lasted

dangerous

Reaction score
thanks for the picture.

@dangerous

do you want to join the PM to hash out the detail on short chelsea?

Sorry, I'm not interested in it. I do have a large image dump and figured I'd help you out to know what it looks like since all the trunk shows I have attended, Massimo stretched out the leather to show what it looks like lasted.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those L&T unlined loafers look great! How close is the Choko color to Snuff? Is it reverse split suede?

dangerous

Reaction score
Are there any other shades of the bison nubuck, or is it just the natural (?) that you posted a picture of earlier @Leaves?

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here have experience with Sozzi socks and can comment on their quality?

GeoffreyB

Reaction score
For what reason?
For what reason? Just curious

It has been my experience I have found that Bresciani socks seem to be a little more durable and last longer than Sozzi socks. I may be a little bias on that matter since 95% of my dress socks are Bresciani. I will say it could have been the pair I had bought because I have purchased pairs from Sozzi direct and from Skoaktiebolaget around the same time and have found the socks from Skoak are still in use versus the ones I bought from Sozzi directly I have since retired.

Hope that helps....

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It has been my experience I have found that Bresciani socks seem to be a little more durable and last longer than Sozzi socks. I may be a little bias on that matter since 95% of my dress socks are Bresciani. I will say it could have been the pair I had bought because I have purchased pairs from Sozzi direct and from Skoaktiebolaget around the same time and have found the socks from Skoak are still in use versus the ones I bought from Sozzi directly I have since retired.

Hope that helps....
It definitely does, thank you! I had bought some Patalino socks from Olof before he closed up shop and they’re the best I’ve ever used. I’m trying to find an alternative as the other place that carries them is too expensive at $45 a pair.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone here have experience with Sozzi socks and can comment on their quality?
A bit of a sock nut, I happen to have Sozzi, Bresciani, Falke, and Pantherella in my stable but, unfortunately, I totally lose track of which are which after a while. Only one or two notable ones, usually due to shade or length, tend to stick with me as "that's by so-and-so" but the rest just become a blur over time. I say that because I do experience ranges of durability but am never able to reconstruct who's is who's when I get to retirement and wish I could...

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bit of a sock nut, I happen to have Sozzi, Bresciani, Falke, and Pantherella in my stable but, unfortunately, I totally lose track of which are which after a while. Only one or two notable ones, usually due to shade or length, tend to stick with me as "that's by so-and-so" but the rest just become a blur over time. I say that because I do experience ranges of durability but am never able to reconstruct who's is who's when I get to retirement and wish I could...
I know exactly what you mean. No way to really tell what’s what anymore especially if the quality is pretty good across the board.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sozzi socks are great. I don’t see how anyone could say Bresciani is objectively better. They are both great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads